What's new

SOG 4x4 Trays 4x4 Rockwool 5k Gavitas

Hey guys, i got some cherry kush and two unknowns here.

Info:
4x4 cubes, vegged 2 weeks, 25-30 per tray, 6x 750 de Gavitas, Flora series, RO, Calmag, Rock Nutrients Root Tonic, 1x4x4 cocotek mats, flood and drain.

Shotting for 10lbs.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 14
Im trying to put something similar up like this with 6 1k gavitas 3 over a 4x12 tray sog .... So im definitley subbed on this one. Good luck and wish the best results.

Good stuff bro.

Im trying to put something similar up like this with 6 1k gavitas 3 over a 4x12 tray sog .... So im definitley subbed on this one. Good luck and wish the best results.

thanks bro!

as for as 3k over 3 4x4 trays, i've done that in the past also. I would love to use the 1k gavitas but my ceiling limits it. You can add more yield if you set up the trays in a complete grid(ie. you walk around the entire 8x12 area). When the row of lights are center on one side of the 3 trays, it shares in light distribution to the outer rim of the other row and vice versa. the same way you see the 4 trays i've set up.

Yea i still have awhile before i even get my room dialed in. Luckily i lucked out and have 12' cealings. Thanks for the info too btw. Ill definitley be watching this thread. Thanks

And also i noticed your pretty much running 2 per sq ft. Have you done a shorter veg with 4 per sq ft?
Ive never tried that before, but i believe shortstackz have one going thats running about 4 per sq ft.

I used to have done about 36 per tray(6rows 6 columns). That's from a box of 4x4 cubes (total 144) fits perfectly into a tray and ill veg all 144 clones for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks i'll spread them out to 4 4x4 trays for flower. After awhile i got tired of transplanting that much plants and tried 25 per tray and veged for 3 weeks. I got higher plants from the 3 weeks veg and the yield was better or the same and i delt with less plants to transplant and trim so now i'll do about 25-30 plants per tray. I actually cut a week of veg time here because i was anxious and ready, if not i'd go with a 3 week veg if I have a veg room and a cycle going.

How often are u flooding the tables

After clone transplant, i flood on 4th day, then 3 days after that.

into flower I start flooding 1 time a day before lights come on.

Ussually after second week of flower i'll start twice a day dependent on the coco mats drying out due to root mass. I'll end up flooding 4 x a day.

1 week update

1 week update

Hey guys, this is a week 1 flower complete update.

I defoliage and took some clones for the next cycle. This is my first time taking clones when they are at 1 week flower. If this pans out alright, i'll eliminate the need to have a mom.

The flower transplant/switch ran into some difficulties. I can see the cherry kush having some stunted growth when I was defoliating.

This is my first time defoliating during flower. It was a hassle having to go around and cleaning up. I'd defoliate next time when I switch and transplant to flower on the next run but keep a good shot to take clone after the week 1 of flower.

You can see the before and after below. Sorry, im definitely not a photographer lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 19
update week 2

update week 2

:tiphat:
Wassup guys, well this is week 2 now, or specifically 13 days from the switch. As i've stated in my week 1 update, the transplant took on some stunted growth but they have fully recovered. I upped the tds from 800 to 1100 today. I can see the resin starting to come out and the cherry kush smells a little fruity.

I've up the co2 today. I dont have a controller so I've set it on a 15 min on/off cycle. It's a 2 burner co2 burner btw. I also peeked under the coco tek mats and see the roots developing nicely. I've started to feed 4 times a day now because the mats was drying out too quickly. Maybe 3 times a day would have been adaquent.

Below, I have some before and after pictures of lights off and lights on. You can see, compared to week 1, that they are filling out nicely. These are all colas and I'll be a happy trimmer when it comes time to trim. The last 2 pixs are of the same plant, one while its asleep, and when its fully awake.

I cant wait to see week 3 ! Happy to see these babies shook back from the stunted growth.

Oh, ive also forgot to inform you guys in the week 1 update. I came across those danm mites and I've added maybe 200 lady bugs to the grow. I can still see them around now but during week 1 of the defoliating I saw a few of them fucking the shit outta each other lol. Hopefully they'll find the place a good place to raise babies and will stay around till the end of the grow.

the single plants at the bottom are cherry kushs.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19

dissolute

i really like the use of the coco mat, but i was hoping to see it used to grow slightly bigger plants. i'm still super excited to watch but i am a little worried that the canopy might not fill in enough to really max out. on the other hand i'm betting your budsicles will be rock hard down to the lowest nugget, which could even things out. i really like your choice of lighting and always like watching classic enf sogs.:tiphat:

Waddup! thanks for stopping by, always appreciate a good audience. I'll definitely have some bigger plants for my next cycle. Stay Tuned! we'll see how this one goes. Cant wait to see the cherry kush buds.

Waddup! thanks for stopping by, always appreciate a good audience. I'll definitely have some bigger plants for my next cycle. Stay Tuned! we'll see how this one goes. Cant wait to see the cherry kush buds.

Looking great, fantastic work!

Why did you select cherry kush?

Is this your first SOG? I'm planning out my first SOG and picking a strain is a challenge to think about all the variety and possibility.
Any perspectives would be appreciated!

Also why did you pick 5k watt for this grow? Would it be OK at less?

thanks