Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Grafting?

Thread Title Search
Grafting? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 AM #41
Canniwhatsis
High country cat herder

Canniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of light
Wow,... that's a totally different method of grafting then I'm using for sure!

Either of you two got any pics of that?
Canniwhatsis is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2011, 05:15 AM #42
TurboFish

no pics sorry. either method wroks. the grafting a cut onto a mother is my favorite method.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 AM #43
Canniwhatsis
High country cat herder

Canniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of lightCanniwhatsis is a glorious beacon of light
well, that was less than satisfying.

Sunny,... you got anything?..... NoReason?

Like I said,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canniwhatsis View Post
bear in mind I'm not the first to try this stuff, and in all reality I'm just a schmuck with a green thumb and some dumb luck who's hacking away at this growing my own stuff as best as I can.

I'm NOT a botanist, but I play one on the interwebs!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:17 AM #44
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the technique described, so I tried to search some images but I can't find any.

Today I'll ask to one of my friend,maybe he know, and I'll post more info or picture if I have any

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM #45
dieselbyrd

dieselbyrd will become famous soon enough
hey Canisw do you think a graft coud take even if the cutting has been refrigerated for 8 weeks(like for cryo freezing a clone)
dieselbyrd is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM #46
headband 707
Plant whisperer

headband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to allheadband 707 is a name known to all
Grafting is very easy but you must be patient and take your time. One plant may not like grafting to the other you just never know till you try it . Some love it others don't. You can use green garden tie and gently cut and tie the cut stem together as you must already know and this is really a timing thing with cannabis and she needs to be pretty strong and ready for this so feed her vit B and whatever nutes you may have and make sure all is well. If you have done LST then you know about bending the branch till it can't bend anymore. I hope it works out for you and read the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin this has some interesting outcomes lol peace out Headband707
Are we growing wiser or are we just growing taller?
When everyone is going left it's important to look right.. Never follow the crowd they are usually WRONG! Headband707

The more I see the less I know LOL... Micheal Faranti

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pine
Somthing that drives me Hazy ,,
I'm I or the other's crazy?Albert Einstien
Free Gypsy ffs!!

Nas& Damian Marley " Friends"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO18F4aKGzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrC-yum82MI
Nas&Damian Marley "Patience"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01FE9cPXE3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17FZIncZi8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw
now you should listen to it loud...
headband 707 is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM #47
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Canniwhatsis I found the name of the technique we was talking about.I'm not sure if it's the correct name in English...anyhow I know its name in Italian is '' approximation graft '' or '' fake graft ''

This picture should explain better....

Some more images in this link

Keep us informed on your work

ps: do you know how some bonsai growers '' create '' such strange shape in their little trees? Simply use this technique with only one plant.Bending a branch and grafting it on another stem

pps: Just discover that this fake grafting is used to change the root mass from a plant that is suffering.
example: If an old lemon tree is suffering at roots level,I can take a young and vigorous lemon tree, plant it near the old one,and after some time start the grafting.
After some more time (don't now how much) the stem of the old lemon tree can be cut and the root mass removed.
So the old lemon tree is still there, but with a young and strong roots

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......

Last edited by noreason; 07-09-2011 at 04:44 PM..
noreason is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:56 PM #48
ganja_hasi
natural mystic

ganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond repute
ganja_hasi has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
in addition to nore's input

ᴥ Wake up call!! ᴥ
ganja_hasi is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2011, 06:37 PM #49
Canniwhatsis
High country cat herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreason View Post
Canniwhatsis I found the name of the technique we was talking about.I'm not sure if it's the correct name in English...anyhow I know its name in Italian is '' approximation graft '' or '' fake graft ''

This picture should explain better....

Some more images in this link

Keep us informed on your work

ps: do you know how some bonsai growers '' create '' such strange shape in their little trees? Simply use this technique with only one plant.Bending a branch and grafting it on another stem

pps: Just discover that this fake grafting is used to change the root mass from a plant that is suffering.
example: If an old lemon tree is suffering at roots level,I can take a young and vigorous lemon tree, plant it near the old one,and after some time start the grafting.
After some more time (don't now how much) the stem of the old lemon tree can be cut and the root mass removed.
So the old lemon tree is still there, but with a young and strong roots

That's an awesome little trick! I understand much better now

Old 07-09-2011, 07:14 PM #50
Guest423
Banned

Guest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really nice
Grafting is fun, nice thread.
Guest423 is offline Quote