What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella XX - Brothers Grimm

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang - same year I lost mine. Was it the russet/cyclomen/broad mites? That's what killed mine before I knew what the problem was and how to fix it.

Much much worse .... it was the cops:alien: They killed mine (in a sneak attack)before I knew what the problem was too and I never did learn how to fix it. Lol (grumpy curmudgeon when I think about it for too long)

Dogeatweedworld

C99 fake - Soul leas fraud

C99 fake - Soul leas fraud

Its totally Fake. He lied to my face and many others in person and continues to do so. I ran 24 and they were a total let down and then some. Why do you think all North American seed banks have stopped carrying his lines??

Lots of truth to this statement. Rick Campanella / aka Mr. Soul is a narcissistic sociopath who lies with ease and has screwed over every business partner he has worked with. Or as it turns out some of their daughters.

C99 was created by using Subcool’s male Vortex and crossing it with a “princess” cut that someone got from someone Sly gave it to. If you believe that story.

There have been a few renditions since the new release, but at $150 a pack you are getting no where near what you might be expecting if you ever smoked real Cinderella 99.

Rick would also send out princess haze seeds to buyers if he ran out of his new C99 seeds. Let the buyer beware.

jayd

i carnt comment on the c99 as i dont smoke/grow sativa strains but i did have a convo with rick a while ago about his indica strains and he kindly gifted me a pk of 88g13 hp x kandahar seeds from his private stash . i did grow 3 out but all 3 were male. look forward to trying the remaining seeds some time.

gh@st

Why did c99 fall out of favor anyway to where she is lost now?

The original was such a gem to grow, finished fast and the proper phenos would give your heart a crazy beating!

gh@st

Most certainly, but other super old cultivars are still around like sour diesel, triangle kush and ssh.

Seems like the community lost a real gem

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Bought a pack of these feminized seeds from DC Seed Exchange. DC came through timely and delivered what I ordered. Very simple and worry free. Grew it out and harvested. It was soon obvious that something in my garden went hermi. My guess is Cinderella Xx hermied on me. I spend a long time picking through the buds and removing as many seeds as I can find before grinding. I’m sure this is knocking off crystals. Once I get to vaping, it is a decent indica type high. It’s just above average I would say. I get a bit spacey at times. Very relaxed. No jitters, not anxious. I sleep quite well after 4-5 bowls through my flowerpot vape.

Taste is unremarkable really. Maybe very faint hint of citrus. Not bad taste, just nothing spectacular. I know I’m not getting all seeds so this must affect taste.

Overall I give the smoke an average rating and given its heavy seed content, I’ll not grow this strain again.
My first seed order ever was C99 back around 2001. The plant I got was the greatest. It was seriously amazing. Once it ran 40+ generations it started to change and I let it go.

I then missed it. I tried at least 5 remakes, most were good but none were that top 5 girl I once had. I thought the Mosca C99 BX was the best remake and closest to what I loved. My friends C99 XX from recent times were good and all but not that girl that made me so high that I had to walk out of a grocery store from the bright colors on all the boxes. Only time I started to trip like that from smoking a bowl.

Things change, I don't think anyone will find that original from inbred lines at this point.

CrushnYuba

i ran a few packs of feminized cindy seeds i got from soul right when he started selling seeds again. he had a booth next to me at the emerald cup. i got a plant that seemed like the origional. i also got a plant that was nothing like it but i liked better. not sure if this is the same as he sold to seedbanks.

around the same time i got an origional cut from a friend of a friend. he didnt grow much anymore but said he would keep it forever. i didn't keep it. there are just to many things i like WAY more. c99 was just nostalgia in my opinion. there are so many plants i kick myself for not keeping and that wasn't one of them.

Spaventa

Veteran
We kept the 46 day Genius A11 for years because it yielded well and smelt good without cure. As good as it was in many regards, I hated the spidery structure, spindly branching, popcorn covered bushes that took an age to trim. Always amazed me how much you could bubble off the trim. Amazing bubble flavours from it.

LostTribe

Premium user
My first seed order ever was C99 back around 2001. The plant I got was the greatest. It was seriously amazing. Once it ran 40+ generations it started to change and I let it go.

I then missed it. I tried at least 5 remakes, most were good but none were that top 5 girl I once had. I thought the Mosca C99 BX was the best remake and closest to what I loved. My friends C99 XX from recent times were good and all but not that girl that made me so high that I had to walk out of a grocery store from the bright colors on all the boxes. Only time I started to trip like that from smoking a bowl.

Things change, I don't think anyone will find that original from inbred lines at this point.
I believe you are incorrect sir. ;)
https://www.icmag.com/threads/cinderella-99-the-come-back.333569/post-18553397

LostTribe

Premium user
I forgot to add that I am running a gifted cut that might be from an original pack along with 2 males from same seeds.

That one is about 3w in and has fat hairs like the FDM#1 I held. The leaves on this one look legit c99, many sharp double serations. Pics when she's more developed. Not much scent yet but resin was present at 2w.