What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outa the closet n inta the tent

al70

Veteran
^

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 10

al70

Veteran
Spent 5 hours trimming and adjusting today, got a nice even canopy and a tan on my face lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 8

al70

Veteran
Maybe short o the KG, hard to tell, 4 weeks ta go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 7

Ingski

Your plants don't seem to have stretched much.. It may be a strain thing, but I just put mine into flower and they are like 3' but still bushy, multiple tops. Yours just seem so short. How close do you keep the lights from them?

al70

Veteran
Hi ingski, these plants have been heavily lst'd all their lives, tied down every day, I also defoliated all the fans twice a week, I think that helped keep em short, it suits me having them short as I have to remove them out of the tent to feed, have ye got any pics of your grow ? Goodluck

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Yeah man you are killin it. I use 2 gallons and get way less than than on each. But I dont train or anything, just perpetual.
Here is a big one of my favorite.
picture.php

X

Xephier

Ye gotta get training those girls shishkaboy, goodluck

Wow, a lot of bud on them plants.. you topped those a bunch? I'm afraid of topping mine too much cuz from what I'm seeing when I cut one in the middle I get 2 stems but the stems are smaller than the initial stem so is it maybe counter productive? Like will I end up with 2 smaller buds instead of one bigger one?

Needless to say I'm on my first grow. Also I don't really know anyone in the city that I live in right now so any help I get(even from friends) has just been online help, I'm mostly doing it on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 9

Dready_jake

if done improperly that very much can happen. but if you top early and properly, stop early and veg the proper amount of time. You should get MANY tops (more than 2) and if vegged right they should all be an equal size as the first one woulda been.

People are calling it mainlining I think but I've never called my technique by a name.

I just think its really important for each COLA to have it's own fat and direct stem coming from the base imo. No little stems and everything that's not a cola gets cut off.

I worked for a dispos that after putting a plant into the flower room on 12/12 they'd cut off anything that was taller than the rest of the canopy. Lol forcing it to create a new plan for that cola and cutting down the yield IMO.
Hope that helps good luck!

Last edited:

al70

Veteran
Yeah jake, mainlining is the way to go, my next crop will be mainlined, also called manifolding, I've seen some amazing results using this technique by a guy called nugbuckets 8 huge colas on each plant, goodluck

X

Xephier

I just think its really important for each COLA to have it's own fat and direct stem coming from the base imo. No little stems and everything that's not a cola gets cut off.

I worked for a dispos that after putting a plant into the flower room on 12/12 they'd cut off anything that was taller than the rest of the canopy. Lol forcing it to create a new plan for that cola and cutting down the yield IMO.

I don't get it, you just recommended everything that's not a cola gets cut off but then said in the next sentence that doing that cuts down the yield?

Not sure if you can tell by the pic I linked(it wasn't a great pic and this site's pic uploading thing cut down the quality even more) but I actually topped all of my smaller plants not including the clone and the growth stunted weird plant that has a piece of grass growing out of it for some reason. I'm not sure when exactly you're supposed to top them though but I topped the smaller ones sooner than I did with my larger plants. Any tips regarding topping would be welcomed, it's my first grow and I'm trying to score a huge yield if I can(it'd be a huge confidence builder :)

al70

Veteran
I fimmed my plants when they had 3 nodes and they just exploded I tied everything down, the 8x4 tent is just packed with colas, still 2 weeks to go

Dready_jake

I don't get it, you just recommended everything that's not a cola gets cut off but then said in the next sentence that doing that cuts down the yield?

Not sure if you can tell by the pic I linked(it wasn't a great pic and this site's pic uploading thing cut down the quality even more) but I actually topped all of my smaller plants not including the clone and the growth stunted weird plant that has a piece of grass growing out of it for some reason. I'm not sure when exactly you're supposed to top them though but I topped the smaller ones sooner than I did with my larger plants. Any tips regarding topping would be welcomed, it's my first grow and I'm trying to score a huge yield if I can(it'd be a huge confidence builder :)

First and foremost a first grow, should focus on learning the in and outs. Ph temps nutes things like that but it's also good to experiment with thiings like topping. What I'm saying is don't worry about yield til everything is dialed. Just worry about learning how to grow good medicine firs.t yields will come with time and study.

i don't get it, you just recommended everything that's not a cola gets cut off but then said in the next sentence that doing that cuts down the yield?

Yes topping right before flower when they can't properly recover and benefit from the top is what I recommend against.

And the removing everything that's not Colas is after you spent all that time making it so the plant has a solid 8 or more colas that its focusing on. This part is called lollipopping if I remember correctly

Oh and i top after like 5-6 nodes. If done properly I get 10-12 tops and if any start to get ahead they get trained down. When I'm doing the many cola method I don't like to let the clone get too tall. And for each cola to have a fat stem if not it most likely get chipped off because it doesn't have as much cola potential.

Last edited: