What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pot size question

linky

I grow in canna coco in flood and drain trays bottom feed recirculating system. I put clones in a paper dixie cup to start, once it has out grown that (12" or so tall) I move it up to a 1 gal pot and stays there until flower (24" or so) and then I move it to its final pot, a 3 gallons.

What I am wondering if I can skip the 1 gal and go straight from dixie cup to the 3 gal, I don't see why this would be a problem but curious if there are any cons to this.

thanks all

soil margin

Veteran
Shouldn't be any problems. I usually find it's preferable to make the minimum number of transplants possible. Seems like it results in less stress and quicker growth in my experience.

F

FreeUrMind

Hey linky can I ask how often you flood in canna coco like the sound of ebb & flow

linky

Hey linky can I ask how often you flood in canna coco like the sound of ebb & flow

Hey there, I flood 3 times a day in veg and every 2 hours in flower while the lights are on, no flooding when lights off. The pump runs for 15 minutes each time.

DJXX

Veteran
it might take a minute for the roots to establish, but they will be ok...just don't freak out when they stall a lil...i go from a red cup to 3gal smarties, but i let them get 2 ft tall in the red cups, even taller sometimes...they take off really fast..DJXX

F

FreeUrMind

Hey there, I flood 3 times a day in veg and every 2 hours in flower while the lights are on, no flooding when lights off. The pump runs for 15 minutes each time.

Thanks for the info.I am in 3ins pots at the moment do I start flooding when I pot up to 3 gallon smart pots.I will give ebb & flow a try.because I have nothing to lose
Because I am making a mess of hand watering lol

linky

Thanks for the info.I am in 3ins pots at the moment do I start flooding when I pot up to 3 gallon smart pots.I will give ebb & flow a try.because I have nothing to lose
Because I am making a mess of hand watering lol

If you are using pure coco you can water as often as you like, using coco is a form of hydroponics and you can't really over water as coco does not hold onto to much water to drown the plants.. its good to water frequently to refresh the oxygen in the roots. Keep PH around ~5.8

F

FreeUrMind

My plants have 3 nodes and I feed them ec 0.5 but there yellowing up bad.don't no if these
Plants will make it.hope I can help them through this stage.

linky

My plants have 3 nodes and I feed them ec 0.5 but there yellowing up bad.don't no if these
Plants will make it.hope I can help them through this stage.

.5 is way to low, I feed 1.4 (ro water) in veg with canna coco nutrient line (right from the cloner they get full nutes). I veg under vero 29 cobs so have good amount of light.. if you are under something like T5's try upping nutes to 1.0-1.2 to start.

F

FreeUrMind

Ok I will up the feed to ec 1.0 and see if they get better.sorry for all the questions it's my first grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts