What's new

Thinking of using local soil...maybe?

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I'd like to keep the mazar but it's hard to keep her in check in my garden when I'm trying to keep the plants equal in size and canopy. The mazar just flys past the bmr and the sweet cindy. With more sq.ft. I'd like to devote a light just to the mazar.

The cindy has the biggest buds by far. The One is the frostiest plant I've worked with even at 30days.

I held on to a clone of the black in case I get a lemon stinky male I want to cross her up :)

Smiley

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I'd like to keep the mazar but it's hard to keep her in check in my garden when I'm trying to keep the plants equal in size and canopy. The mazar just flys past the bmr and the sweet cindy. With more sq.ft. I'd like to devote a light just to the mazar.

The cindy has the biggest buds by far. The One is the frostiest plant I've worked with even at 30days.

I held on to a clone of the black in case I get a lemon stinky male I want to cross her up :)

Smiley
Mazar has some stretch.....it's more manageable than the BM since you don't have to tie up every bud like BM. I keep the Mazars (and Blue Mystic) next to a wall so they give that stadium effect.
Funny that The Black just won't leave...I just hit it with a BM x PPP male. Hard to ditch that color and smell. SC99's buds will keep getting bigger for a while. I'll try to get some decent pix of her soon. Still keeping the Ghaze...can't lose that.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Talking your ear off now...... lol

I just finished the last of my cured G13H. It was a strong smoke. But no, I can't seem to get rid of the black. :D Hermie bitch....... I also kept a mom of the BBK for later. ;) I'll run her when I get more wattage.

How would you describe the growth on the bmr#7? It's a bit different that one. It's like the leaves grow diff than any of my other plants. Maybe it's the leaves not making it far from the stem but looking down on the growth tips it's different? Was hoping you could lend any description. What about this, It Rosettes in terms of next node being inside the diameter of the one before it? Is this a common trait on other strains you've seen throughout the years?

I flowered the BMR, sweetest cindy and The One at the same height. The bmr stretched the least then the cindy. These seem to be great strains to grow next to each other. The One stretched more than both and almost ended the same height as my LVPK.

I wish I would have run more ONE for the next round.

Ohh and on the thread topic of soil, I fucked up and amended my recycle like it was a fresh batch and burnt the shit out of my girls in 3gal. Only the second time I've burned plants. Any ideas? Flush?

You found a source for oasis cubes yet?

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Someone mentioned to me that char added to the soil might sequester some excess N. As well as a build up in the population of critters. I had a hot re-mix this round as well and I blame it on the fish meal....Oh well,they grew out of it.
I'm only a year into the recycle trip and it's definitely a learn as you go deal. I'd just water without any ACT or anything...just water.
I'm not running BMR anymore since I have SC99...,but I'm keeping #7 because it's the strongest Blueberry cross I have. They are compact and semi-monkey fist buds...but they will also get tall if the rootspace is right. They want rootspace and that's kind of needy. If you can get the veg right they will grow buds much like the BBK. They start showing better results in late flower. There are better pheno's of BMR...but PM ate those up and I just can't grow them here. All my multiple BMR crosses seem to do very well with most of the kids showing the BMR influence. Compact blueberry looking plants.... That's not to say the the Spacecheese x BMR testers aren't leaning towards a taller looking plant though.
I'm questioning how well SC99 and PM do. No problems yet..but once I get around 15 of them going I'll know more.
Check online for the best Oasis cube prices..I found a link,I'll see if I still have it.

intotheunknown

Veteran
DAMN DUDE! looking great!
i think you had better step it up a notch from that fox farms and get yourself some advanced nutrients. :wave:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Here's a pic showing three rows of plants,each a row a different type. Since I have multiple types I can create the stadium effect without having to construct steps for the pots to sit on,all the pots are on the floor. Just by knowing what each type will do in flower you can manage things a lot better by placing the tall ones next to the wall,and then the next tallest,and the next,finally the shorter compact plants are in the middle of the room. No plant is blocked by another from the lights.
picture.php

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
On this cycle I added this to the mix. Screened,it produces a material much better than peat,full of fungi,bugs,and organic matter. When gathering native soils and forest leaf litter/humic material,always take from several smaller spots rather than dig gaping holes under some big old oaks.
picture.php

picture.php

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Interesting on the stadium idea, now hang them lights vertical and see her fly :D :D :D

Are you combining many different types of local soil or just several spots of the same basic topsoil? Where'd you get that tub btw?

Smiley

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Interesting on the stadium idea, now hang them lights vertical and see her fly :D :D :D

Are you combining many different types of local soil or just several spots of the same basic topsoil? Where'd you get that tub btw?

Smiley
I'm getting good light penetration with the hoods,my home made wings are better than the run of the mill hoods 4 sure.
Anytime I see a spot where there is a good healthy undisturbed deposit of material,I'll gather up to 5 gallons from that overall area.
Tub was a freebie!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always have bags for collecting soil in my truck and in my backpack. just yesterday i was hiking through the forest. found this spot under this big black oak. the soil felt like i was walking on a 10 inch thick sponge that bounced right back after i stepped off. i proceeded to collect a bag full and today i added some to the compost pile, and the rest spread as a top dressing in the garden.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
That's what I'm talkin' about Jay..
I know Jay knows this,but I want to stress to people who this appeals to that harvesting these materials should be done with respect for the area. In some cases it took a long time for these materials to become what they are. Harvest in a sustainable manner,do it for your kids and grandchildren.
It's also fun to go bouncing around looking for these naturally occurring goodies. Found an undisturbed sandy clay deposit 20 feet from my front door yesterday.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
My first time smoking Hash was in Whistler at summer ski camp.
Me and a few buddies found a patch of moss to smoke in that was fluffy like a down pillow.
The PNW does have it's appeal.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Couple from 2 nite...If plants have feelings,do you think these bugs (blind springtails) make em happy or sad?
H2
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
6 weeks...best pic out of 15 or so. Sometimes I really suck at pix. The plant up front gets moved quite a bit...she's a tad roughed up but that won't hurt her much at all.
picture.php

1 from a couple days ago when I could sort of use a camera.
The One
picture.php

Last edited:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Your pictures are great bro! It's flowering lights...... you'll notice that I slack off on taking pics during flower....... I get tired of them all looking nothing like what I'm actually looking at. I can edit them but shit come on lol

Your pics are as dope as your dope. That H2 or Hawaiian Kush or HUSH lol looks pretty heavy. When a guy like you considered a strain narcotic it requires some attention lol

Cheers
Smiley

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Your pictures are great bro! It's flowering lights...... you'll notice that I slack off on taking pics during flower....... I get tired of them all looking nothing like what I'm actually looking at. I can edit them but shit come on lol

Your pics are as dope as your dope. That H2 or Hawaiian Kush or HUSH lol looks pretty heavy. When a guy like you considered a strain narcotic it requires some attention lol

Cheers
Smiley
Yeah it's frustrating as hell trying to see what pix you're taking on that little screen under 6k. For what looks like a mostly sativa plant H2 puts the zzzzz's on big time....it's more like bedlock. must be the Kush in the mix eh. May turn off the HPS's next time instead of standing there sweating trying not to wiggle taking pix under HPS...waaaaaaa :cry:
Thanks GS I try.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I guess these are a bit better,but also a bit blurry. Getting pretty frosty in here.
Nearly 7 weeks.....
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts