What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New sealed ppk room

Earlmarne

picture.php

5 weeks

Earlmarne

picture.php

My hb x up #2 at wk 5
Really interested in these plants. They stack tight like the up mutants. With normal veg and good stretch. Hoping one of them does not show any intersex so as to breed with

Earlmarne

picture.php

Hb x up #1
My personal favorite. Little bigger flowers with a bit more early frost, also has a funk to it. This one stacked more branching, and stretched out more than all but one other plant in the garden.

Earlmarne

Ive been looking over all the nila wafer plants and taking notes. I would like to narrow them down to one or 2 phenos after this run.
I really like # 4 as Ive never had a plant that purples up like it has so early in flower. It showed sub optimal stretch but if all else is up to snuff I can easily work around that in training.
Theres 2 phenos that are darker and growing in a manner that reminds me of the mutant unicorn poop. Maybe thats a cookie trait?
#9 is my most favored as it stretched out similar to my up keeper and stacked large frosty flowers from top to bottom on all branches, density seems very good so far.
No real smells yet but The up1 and hb10 overpower my senses.
Im also seeing a distinct difference in the plants under the 630 and the de 1k lights.
All directly under the 630 look to be a good week behind the ones under the 1k. This makes me hesitant to make judgement on the nila phenos but I need to make room for new gear. I will not toss anything from under the 630 til I give it a smoke test just to be safe.
Got the itch bad to pop a pack of f13 reboot or something like that. Even more so for a pack of swamp boys Nigerian x banana og.
Going to be a bit though.

Earlmarne

Something else I should document. I had/have caught the organic bug. So have been knee deep in reading up on no til, knf, bokashi.
Really is a hard one for me to justify with how well the ppk system works/ how well it fits into my needs. Honestly not dead sure Im willing to make the switch as of yet.
For the sake of learning I have planted my mothers into soil. I mixed ocean forest, worm castings and happy frog .Water only with kelp/bacteria teas. I have found it to substantially slow my mothers, and that is beneficial for me at this time.
I have noted that in smaller containers as I am used to running the plants react badly. I assume due to root bound and the consumption of what the soil has...? I have a few seed plants that are looking pretty run down so have up potted to 3 gallons with some ff organic top dress.
I think my next move will be to put together a worm casting bin as I have found benefits in my ppk and soil. Then possibly build a bed and build a good soil base to start a living soil as I have read so I can properly get to know the functions of growing in this manner.
I am puting together some outdoor bokashi bins and rebuilding my veggy garden. I have dug down a couple feet with my skid steer and started piling pine, fire , tamerac, branches. On top of that I will stack logs. I plan to burn this before burying. Ideally once all has started burning real hot. I have many yards of poorly composted maple, oak, pig poo, pine pellet, chicken poo, hay and kitchen scrap that will go down after a layer of native clay and decomp. Granite soil. Seems I should also add alfalfa hay. Just not positive if this should be a top dress or not yet. i have horrible drainage in the native soil. I have sources worm castings that I can buy by the truckload locally to get things started til I am producing my own.
I get myself overwhelmed real quick with projects like this as I generally figure out I should have taken a different rout to my goal and am constantly starting over or balking at the task. Any of y’all educated on no til and or knf , or organics all together I would love any insight you may be interested in lending.

Earlmarne

Got a bunch of pics of this round. Slacking hard as ig is so much easier to navigate.
8 weeks now. Going to have a hard time picking the nila wafer keeper as 4 of them stand out.
Going to be ripping out my flower room floor as Ive found mold as soon as this round is done. Got some em1 ordered for making some bokashi wheat bran for my outdoor garden. Going to see if I cant implement it into the ppk system also

packerfan79

Veteran
Got a bunch of pics of this round. Slacking hard as ig is so much easier to navigate.
8 weeks now. Going to have a hard time picking the nila wafer keeper as 4 of them stand out.
Going to be ripping out my flower room floor as Ive found mold as soon as this round is done. Got some em1 ordered for making some bokashi wheat bran for my outdoor garden. Going to see if I cant implement it into the ppk system also

What's your ig? If you don't have issues with putting it out there

Earlmarne

What's your ig? If you don't have issues with putting it out there

earlmarne is my ig.
About chop time for this run. Got a microscope for my iphone. Everything besides one nilawafer pheno is all milky with a few ambers. Going to ride it out as long as possible with water and slf100 for flush due to this round getting fed pretty heavy.
Headbanger is throwing some nanners but I dont really care this late in the game

Earlmarne

So I came out with less than half of last round. Tossed all the nila wafers. Only one plant was a real winner and I didnt have it backed up.
Noticed some mold so decided to dig in. My whole floor was black with mold. Pretty sure this has been a big part of my issues with cloning and germination lately. Got the floor tore out. All else soaked in vinegar. Painting the new floor in mold killing paint then taking extra precautions in sealing it with plastic shrink.
The whole ppk system will be filled with headbanger this round. She seems to want drier pots so I will be going heavy on the perlite. Going to mix in bokashi inculcated wheat bran into the coco and see how that goes.
Got 3 phenos of deadpanheads peach skunk v2 going in tester pots 2 that have a really sharp astringent stem rub. #2 being the strongest. Also have 2 phenos of his casaba going in#5 has a musky strong stem rub and more vigor than any plant Ive ran before. Also a cut of the reveged udub Also have a sshx apple juice Id like to run but wont clone yet.
Trying to become more picky so I can make it through more seeds. Ill be popping a 7 pack of swamp boys horace(banana og x nigerian) and some of deadpanheads og3 with hopes of finding a male candidate for future screwin around.
My soil moms are doing pretty well. Im learning that where rootbound in coco and perlite is ideal not at all in soil. I think my next step in moving to soil will be a mother bed.
Went and purchased a clone of I-95 from a reputable source and was sent chem dd. If all goes well Ill have those in rotation soon also. I have a real fascination with the I95 as folks that seem to know their shit talk of it in high regard.
My headbanger cut has really changed my feelings on whats what in the garden. That plant produces the most amazing flavored flowers with a good balanced high. Yeild aint bad at all either.
Ill be finishing my floor over the next few days. Hopefully have the ppks loaded within a week.

starke

Sorry to hear about last runs finish. I can sympathize with the mold. Just went through a similar issue with my raised platform where water/feed had been leaking through a pinhole in the plastic. Found it by accident.

Glad to see you are still rockin' the PPK.

Earlmarne

Sorry to hear about last runs finish. I can sympathize with the mold. Just went through a similar issue with my raised platform where water/feed had been leaking through a pinhole in the plastic. Found it by accident.

Glad to see you are still rockin' the PPK.
Got the new floor in, hope to have my system in and filled tomorrow.
I keep screwing with variables with the ppk. Id probably be time and money ahead if I stopped screwing with it.
I have it in my head that the nutrient input could be better. So far I end up with excess with my bastardized concoctions and have to add back water. I want more calcium in the mix. I am going to lower total ec this round to about 1.0 with added ca-10 and mkp.
We will see.

Earlmarne

Been chasing leaks. Damn system got beat up when I pulled it out to re floor. I think I got em all.
I was of the mind that the em1 did not inoculate the wheat bran. Didnt look any different. Well only a couple days after top dressing moms and new ppks and all is covered in the bokashi fuzz.
Found some more long bottom fighter beans and they came up. Really excited about those.

Earlmarne

Well, pulling the ppks out of the room earned me some leaks. Got them all sorted out now.
Headbangers are doing great. I mixed a fancy rez up that game out 1.1 ec poured a cup of em1 and 90mil of slf100, 60 mil of garden friendly fungacide.
Set the recirc pump to 30sec on every 6 hours. Thats the ticket. Letting them dry down. Going to turn it up to every 5 and see how they react.
One week in and my control rez reads 1.0 with ph 6.5. May have to raise input just a touch but Im super stoked. .
Ill get some pics of the testers. Up here soon.
Got 3 phenos of peach skunk v2, 2 of those have some kind of sharp astringent stem rub.. got casaba #5 I am already in love with this plant. It roots super fast. Vigor to spare. Best of all, strongest stem rub I have ever encountered. Like “skunky”... idk maybe musky. Its strong. Then I have a single GMO from a pack from masonic, some kind of rip off gmo, I forget the lineage. Its proving to be healthy, tight internodes squat structure.no stem rub.
Last is a ssh x apple juice. Got a single seed as a freebie. Has a mediocre gummy bear stem rub. Has thinner leafs pretty fast grower. Real hard to keep her happy. Looking like Ill need to up her ec. Really excited to see those girls flower.
Veg room is a mess. Got to some spring cleaning. Decided to toss my uncorn poop female. Pretty decent terps and good high, awesome coloring. Just wasnt in the same league as my headbanger. Wont find
More gems if I settle. So I dropped a bunch of beans. Cant wait to get to know them.

Earlmarne

Everything is doing great.
The 3 peach skunks look to be some heavy producers. Ssh x applejuice is looking like she will get the ppks to herself next round. Shes puting on the weight, frost, stink. Showing a little hungry though.
This is looking to be my best run yet of the headbanger. Not a bit of any deficiency. Worked the lights up slow. Keeping ec below 1.4 3 hr irrigations.
She has responded great to more dry down and no defoliation.
Udub is proving a real frost monster and is turning purple hard at week 3 with a hot room.
Little bit of an underdog. I had a single plant “gmo” from masonic thats got i95 or some crap. Didnt expect much. Super slow grower, no stretch. Well shes packing on the buds and has a super astringent pine coming on.
Ill get some pics up soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts