What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good American Sativa breaders

Red October

I'm finding it quite hard to follow what's going on in the American Sativa market, most of the small breaders that have been getting good feedback are quite hard to follow as I find Instagram not really critical enough in its posts and there aren't many meaningful discussions being held either.

Snowhigh and doc d aren't too bad as they feature quite often on forums but do the American guys solely rely on social media posts or do they have thorough discussions on boards I can't find?

Busy taking the time to get some seeds from doc and snow but wondering if there are others I need to take a look at.

Apologies for my atrocious spelling, I post before I think;)

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have the same problem. Don't really do insta or any other social media sites. Also American seed sites seem to all have seeds for sale for 100-200 bucks from someone I don't really know much about and zero description.

Hazeman has some sativa work and you can email him directly for a list of genetics available. Quick search will find that email as I'm not sure if I can list it here.

For sativa's, while not American, Ace is the place. Ace seeds do phenomenal work breeding sativa's and put a lot of effort into their online presence. The information put forth is outstanding as well. Check their sub-forum here on icmag.

Best of luck with your search

Red October

I have the same problem. Don't really do insta or any other social media sites. Also American seed sites seem to all have seeds for sale for 100-200 bucks from someone I don't really know much about and zero description.

Hazeman has some sativa work and you can email him directly for a list of genetics available. Quick search will find that email as I'm not sure if I can list it here.

For sativa's, while not American, Ace is the place. Ace seeds do phenomenal work breeding sativa's and put a lot of effort into their online presence. The information put forth is outstanding as well. Check their sub-forum here on icmag.

Best of luck with your search
ACE from what I've read is amazing, I've ordered quite a few from them and cannabiogen but need to still pop them. I did forget about hazeman, found the email address and messaged him already.

I don't mind paying a fair price for seeds but with most of the good looking stuff costing like you said between $100-200 they have to be very special for me to part with that much money:chin:

Pricing from doc d is fair, will try and make a plan to get some from him, snowhighs stuff sounds amazing but I'm also reluctant to pay those types of prices.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
ACE from what I've read is amazing, I've ordered quite a few from them and cannabiogen but need to still pop them. I did forget about hazeman, found the email address and messaged him already.

I don't mind paying a fair price for seeds but with most of the good looking stuff costing like you said between $100-200 they have to be very special for me to part with that much money:chin:

Pricing from doc d is fair, will try and make a plan to get some from him, snowhighs stuff sounds amazing but I'm also reluctant to pay those types of prices.

Your best bet for what you want to spend is Doc D, in my opinion. Join his mailing list and he's got some great seeds for cheap.

Bandaid Haze is a great Sativa line.

I'm with you 100% on the lack of description most breeders have. I'm certainly not putting down a stack of cash for a strain that the breeder hasn't shared any info about. To me, that is an untested pollen chuck.

Duke Diamond sets the standard for breeding notes, in my opinion. There is a breeder who tests, stress tests, and actually pheno hunts. Unless a breeder comes close to that, I'm really not interested.

I've seen seed strains sell out that offer FREEBIES! STICKERS! SHINY PACKAGING! but with no information on how the strain actually grows. I guess that's why I only buy from a handful of breeders.

I also only like to support ethical breeders with integrity. That's why I get my seeds at HeadieGardens. Shoe only sells the best.

Red October

He's seeds are cheap considering what you get and even the pre release ones are very tempting especially at his prices.

Tynehead Tom

people keep sleeping on US based breeder Antenna Seeds

every single grower I have turned on to antenna is still growing antenna today.
He has done a bunch of offshoot work the last year or so but his Purplelazerlite lines, the Redlazerlite lines and the Grape lines are outstanding easy to grow sativas with 9/10 week flowering times. Flavors and highs that are totally unique to the antenna projects.

Buy and grow one pack of Purplelazerlite and tell me you aren't totally impressed. So good your friends will want more.

from the first pack I tried in 2016
picture.php

picture.php

Happy Times

A couple random thoughts

Moonshine Haze from Rare Dankness. Also the Jenny Kush

Kingdom Organic Seeds (KOS) offerings- had some Iron Cindy a while back that I enjoyed a ton. There’s some other nice sativa-dom strains too

NL5/Haze from swami? Might have heard mixed reviews on here

Bros Grimm- various lines with Princess/Cinderella?

Snowhigh
Mass Medical Strain
Cannabiogen
Todd McCormick
Cryptic Labs
Aceseeds.org
Thelandraceteam
Sam Skunkman via Seedbay.com

Khalifa Genetics has an old Skunk#1 too...
There is Sensi-Seeds with Haze crosses + Early Pearl, and other new strains that i don't realy know much about....
Dutch-Passion with old Skunk variants
The Flying Dutchmen, if you find old packets...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I did try purple lazerlite and it was meh. Could be the breeder is such a collosal tool it tainted my view of the finished product. My friends didn't have any opinion and they did not like it at all either. It had an uncomfortable high with way too much "stone" for a sativa. Someone compared it to poorly grown Trainwreck. That was the end of that stuff for me.

Hazeman has a really nice Durban..

Tynehead Tom

^^^^^ pics or it didn't happen

:D

I'm just yanking yer chain but on the other hand..... I have grown out 4 or 5 packs of the Purplelazerlite specifically and have had polar opposite results from the report you just posted.

Greatdalas

^^^^^ pics or it didn't happen

:D

I'm just yanking yer chain but on the other hand..... I have grown out 4 or 5 packs of the Purplelazerlite specifically and have had polar opposite results from the report you just posted.

I have cultivated 3 antenna packs purple lazerlite, red lazerlite and the 3 I don't remember now and they were very productive plants with a lot of resin, no smell, no damp and most of them in mid-flowering they made nanners everywhere.
I have another pack or 2 in the fridge and I don't think I'll put them for that.
I can't remember now if its red lazerlite or purple this photo

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_122821.jpg
    IMG_20200111_122821.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 26

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ordering from Snowhigh contact him direct for better prices and some some freebies thrown in. Bodhi has a lot of fans. DJ Shorts is a old standby.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
people keep sleeping on US based breeder Antenna Seeds

every single grower I have turned on to antenna is still growing antenna today.
He has done a bunch of offshoot work the last year or so but his Purplelazerlite lines, the Redlazerlite lines and the Grape lines are outstanding easy to grow sativas with 9/10 week flowering times. Flavors and highs that are totally unique to the antenna projects.

Buy and grow one pack of Purplelazerlite and tell me you aren't totally impressed. So good your friends will want more.

from the first pack I tried in 2016
View Image
View Image
Not bad at all. :headbange

lowridersa

This mans genetics are on top, higher than the top shelf. I managed to get a variety of about 5 seeds from him. Pipedream literally saved my life once upon a time. One of the most savage plants I have ever grown, tight 1 gram buds, hundreds of them. Delicious, top smoke.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Les,
I have also run some antenna gear and I wasn’t impressed either....so much that I gave the rest of the pack away.
Hearing antenna brag about his genetics.....you would think they are all fire.

Latest posts

Latest posts