What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Hey jungle mates,

Fiddynuts, I look forward to seeing how those cobralips do for you. I didn't find a keeper in the couple I ran, so hopefully you get some keepers. They are looking promising. Bummer about the damage to the cabin. I am sure it will be bittersweet to sell the cabin. It seems like it would be nice to have the boat closer to home.

@ pop Rocks, I hear great things about the afterthought autos. Bummer about the rodent damage. Let's hope the rest perform well. I definitely understand how it is to lose plants. I killed off everything I had when clones from my buddy spewed PM on all my shit, yeah, I am a little bitter about that. The whole legal op he works at is dealing with it now. He tried to send me home with more plants lastnight, nope I see everything much clearer now. These guys are all ego, and little skill . How do you turn a multi million dollar grow into a shithole. They got one guy who knows what he is doing, but they are trying to undermine everything he does. The hate on dude, because he gets 60 grand a crop, and they get 20$ an hour. When you have run warehouses across the state simultaneously, and successfully, you can demand the big bucks. My buddy got mad, because I told him, 60k a month to run an operation that makes millions of dollars a month is a bargain, you get what you pay for.

I hot a couple l.b.l. crosses going into flower in the next week or 2. Also, a couple sour grapes from BOG.

I took the wife out to dinner lastnight, had an awesome bison ribeye, yumm. We were celebrating. I got a raise, and my company is not moving, so I get to keep my job.I may be taking over as head of a department, nothing is for sure.
I have gotten 5 raises in less than 2 years, so I think it's possible. The wife is working full-time now, such a relief. We also got 11,000$ in financial aid for the wifes college bill, totally out of the blue. Its been a freaking rollercoaster since we lost the house. It feels like we are finally getting back on track. I was beginning to think we would never get out of the hole we were in. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. Still a long way to go, but I can see the path more clearly now.

Rocker, Rhodehazard, and anyone I missed, hope your gardens stay, green, and filled with massive nugs.

Good afternoon Packerfan.
I'm hoping to find something good in the girls too. I only got 2 ladys from the 6 plants and, because of how the batch of clones rooted, I'm only running one of them this run but we shall see in a few weeks. They went into flowering mode very quickly and look to be stacking well.
It's going to be diffrent not having the cabin to go to but since we didn't have time to go there enough it won't be so bad. It will be nice to having to go up and open the place up, put pier in, close the place, pull pier out, not that I minded doing it. Having the boat down here should be fun and we will get a lot more use out of it.
That is great news about the job brother! Sometimes you just have to keep punching when it seems your in a hole and there's no way out. If you just keep working and looking to the future things work out and eventually get better. You deserve a week of steak nights as hard as you've been working.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Is that an albino mountain lion trained to guard your plants LOL?

good call f'nut!
rhode is actually playing tricks with perspective; the photo was taken from high up in a tree and that is actually a 200# cat stalking his grow
if you can spare them rhode i could use some of those cats to patrol my garden

thanks for the infomation fiddy, they should be at about week 3-4 tyhis week so i will be sure to get a nice look at everything and see if i can find signs
im hoping at least one of them is a girl and with luck both will be female
i also have another set of the obelisk and the azure rocket cross that should be ready to go outdoors here in the next week
yes, they are 5g buckets
in brief conversation with AB' and from reading his handy guide i decided that i would give them some extra leg room and go straight to the big containers
i still remember the first chats we had together online
those were really fun times and its just gotten better watching your grows
you can now successfully grow out reg crops, sex your plants and even take cuts!
you have really come a long way brother and ive had fun being a part of the ride
same goes for the rest of the guys!
its been one hell of a fun ride and i cant wait to see where we got his year!
that is super cool of the new owner to make that offer
who knows and maybe one day you will all go back but if not you will always have your good memories of the all fun times
sometimes its easier to let things go, plus knowing you can still stop by if you would like is very nice
hope you are having a great week my man!
same to all the rest of you guys! its all of us that makes it so much fun!

Rodehazrd

Hello folks
Congrats packerfan glad to see you back up and running.
I want to show my latest mistake.
I didn't get the horsetail before the farmer mowed the dam it was growing on.
I needed to mulch so I got a bale of ryegrass and spread it about. It was full of mites I think because I got an instant infection of spider mite looking critters.
I missed it for a week or so and then hosed all the plants with neem. It killed them but my new buds did this.

Attachments

• 20190731_131032~2.jpg
    20190731_131032~2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 5

Rodehazrd

I thought I someway overfed but I had not fed for over 10 days and that was a compost mulch.
I put that pix up on anything outdoor thread and pdxdope recognized it as mite damage right away. So instead of flushing my 30 GALLON TUBS I just waited it out and continued neem. Pdx suggested wettable sulfur but neem worked.
She's mending well and starting to stretch.
I never had leaves grow in circles before.

Attachments

• 20190805_092929.jpg
    20190805_092929.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 7

Fiddynut

good call f'nut!
rhode is actually playing tricks with perspective; the photo was taken from high up in a tree and that is actually a 200# cat stalking his grow
if you can spare them rhode i could use some of those cats to patrol my garden

thanks for the infomation fiddy, they should be at about week 3-4 tyhis week so i will be sure to get a nice look at everything and see if i can find signs
im hoping at least one of them is a girl and with luck both will be female
i also have another set of the obelisk and the azure rocket cross that should be ready to go outdoors here in the next week
yes, they are 5g buckets
in brief conversation with AB' and from reading his handy guide i decided that i would give them some extra leg room and go straight to the big containers
i still remember the first chats we had together online
those were really fun times and its just gotten better watching your grows
you can now successfully grow out reg crops, sex your plants and even take cuts!
you have really come a long way brother and ive had fun being a part of the ride
same goes for the rest of the guys!
its been one hell of a fun ride and i cant wait to see where we got his year!
that is super cool of the new owner to make that offer
who knows and maybe one day you will all go back but if not you will always have your good memories of the all fun times
sometimes its easier to let things go, plus knowing you can still stop by if you would like is very nice
hope you are having a great week my man!
same to all the rest of you guys! its all of us that makes it so much fun!

Good afternoon pop.
I was growing the smaller, faster growing varietys of auto so the bigger ones might take a little longer than 3 weeks. The boys will throw out balls that will be visible from several feet away. No straining your eyes with the scope required.
If you get both sexes it might be fun to make a few seeds for next summer. A lot of people start breeding autos because they grow so fast. You could even collect the pollen and just put it on a couple buds to experiment. Or just grow them for flower and have fun with that.
Did you sprout them in the buckets? I sort of broke the rules and started mine in beer cups and transplanted them into 10" pots. I know your not suppose to transplant autos and I always told myself that if I do another run I'll start them right in bigger pots than I used last time. I should have read AB's guide before starting the grow.
We've had plenty of good chats over the years but I remember some of the early ones like they were just last week. I had fun learning so much but honestly I feel like my grows are more fun now that I'm not worrying so much about everything. It sure has been a great ride and I wouldn't change anything if I could go back. And I hope it just keeps getting better and don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
I do plan on going back up to the lake where the cabin is but I'm not sure if I will take them up on staying at the cabin. I'm sure they will change some things and make it their own. They might add on or build a new structure even. I like how my memories of the place are and even how I remember it from when I way very young and before we modernized it. For me it's probably best to keep it that way. But you never know.
It's hump day already and I'm looking forward to this weekend. Saturday is grateful dead night at Miller park and I'm going to see my Brewers take on the Rangers (I think that's who they are playing). Boney Fingers (one of my fav GD tribute bands) is playing at the park before the game and Working Mans Dead (another great dead tribute band) is playing an after show down on the east side at up and under pub. It's going to be a long day with plenty of great music.

Fiddynut

Hello folks
Congrats packerfan glad to see you back up and running.
I want to show my latest mistake.
I didn't get the horsetail before the farmer mowed the dam it was growing on.
I needed to mulch so I got a bale of ryegrass and spread it about. It was full of mites I think because I got an instant infection of spider mite looking critters.
I missed it for a week or so and then hosed all the plants with neem. It killed them but my new buds did this.

I thought I someway overfed but I had not fed for over 10 days and that was a compost mulch.
I put that pix up on anything outdoor thread and pdxdope recognized it as mite damage right away. So instead of flushing my 30 GALLON TUBS I just waited it out and continued neem. Pdx suggested wettable sulfur but neem worked.
She's mending well and starting to stretch.
I never had leaves grow in circles before.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
That is some crazy looking growth! When my moms get out of controls and the lower inner leaves don't get any light they kind of grow like that but not exactly. I'm glad you got them turned around and back on track. It's great that we have this wonderful resource here on icmag and people to help with identification and treatment options. Bugs freak me out and I feel lucky that I haven't had to deal with much except for the fungus gnats.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im not sure what i would do if i ended up with male plants
maybe im being naive but i will think about it
i could save some pollen and dust a few of the other plants with it, o maybe just save it
i wonder how long pollen properly stored will keep? i wonder how to properly keep pollen?
im thinking in a dark dry place with little to no moisture? water neutralizes pollen so you definitely have to keep it dry
yeah weve shared some good times, we all have in the jungle
its a great group of guys we have here too
and lets not forget some of our friends who seem to have disappeared over the years
/i wonder what sunnyfla, floridian and the rest of them goons are up to?
i start all my seeds in rapid rooter cubes and with these went to the 1g pots
i tried to keep them moving so their roots wouldent touch bottom but maybe i will follow arids advice closer and go straight to the big buckets next time
so far ive had fun growing them out because they seem to be going in fast foreward; everything happens so much quicker
plus im planning on firing up the lights in a few months and would like to see how they do inside

thats is some crazy growth rhode
it is definitely a sign of stress and hopefully the growth will resume normally once you ahve finished your treatment
there is nothing wrong with having issues my man and we all learn from each other, good or bad
plus growing outdoors you are bound to encounter pests, its nothing to be down about brother and it look like shes recovering
keep up the good work my man!

Fiddynut

im not sure what i would do if i ended up with male plants
maybe im being naive but i will think about it
i could save some pollen and dust a few of the other plants with it, o maybe just save it
i wonder how long pollen properly stored will keep? i wonder how to properly keep pollen?
im thinking in a dark dry place with little to no moisture? water neutralizes pollen so you definitely have to keep it dry
yeah weve shared some good times, we all have in the jungle
its a great group of guys we have here too
and lets not forget some of our friends who seem to have disappeared over the years
/i wonder what sunnyfla, floridian and the rest of them goons are up to?
i start all my seeds in rapid rooter cubes and with these went to the 1g pots
i tried to keep them moving so their roots wouldent touch bottom but maybe i will follow arids advice closer and go straight to the big buckets next time
so far ive had fun growing them out because they seem to be going in fast foreward; everything happens so much quicker
plus im planning on firing up the lights in a few months and would like to see how they do inside

thats is some crazy growth rhode
it is definitely a sign of stress and hopefully the growth will resume normally once you ahve finished your treatment
there is nothing wrong with having issues my man and we all learn from each other, good or bad
plus growing outdoors you are bound to encounter pests, its nothing to be down about brother and it look like shes recovering
keep up the good work my man!

Good afternoon pop.
I've never worked with pollen (not on purpose) but I've read about collections and storage here on icmag. I've read that you should keep it cold and dry like you mentioned. Many people use those desiccant packets that come in pill bottles and keep it in the freezer. I've also heard that it last a long time when stored right.
It would be great fun to do a little breeding someday and I'm sure I will but for now I have no time or space for that.
You are so right there have been some great discussions and contributions by many here in this humble thread. I'm always a little worried when someone who was a regular here disappears. Sunny and Floridian are a couple of great examples of those types. But people move on and don't always have time for forums and I understand that too. I just hope they are ok.
I would think that strating autos in a rr cube should be fine as long as you don't damage the roots at all. I think the thing about transplanting from another pot is that some roots always get damaged when you dig the plant out of the old pot and that's what isn't good for them. A big bucket with a seedling with just a set or two of leaves would be a challenge to water as well.
Your idea to run some indoors is a good one and it will be interesting to see how the indoor and outdoor differ. My indoor experience was good and I was able to pack a bunch of plants in a 3x3 tent and end up with some nice variety.
Keep up the good work brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother!
hope you had a great day and your week is wrapping up nicely
yeah sometimes i wonder about our man floridian and some of the other guys too
he was going through some stuff with his family last we heard but seemed to come out ok
it was him and the dogs and he was getting his house right... then nothing
who knows, maybe one day we will hear from some of our old friends
yeah i think those dessicant packs would work or at least some dry rice with the vial of pollen stored within
i would like to first collect some viable pollen and go from there, but im still hoping i have all girls in this years outdoor grow
it would be cool to make your own seeds one of these days
the rest of the seedlings are looking good but i might wait another week before transplanting them into my friends yard
tonight is the first night of preseason football for most nfl teams and i am ready for some football for sure
kick ass fiddy and have a great night!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey everyone, I heard this thread was where all the cool kids hang out. Looks like everyone's growing some killer herb, that makes me glad to see. This thread is actually the longest indoor soil thread in this forum's history, so congrats, ya'll have a nice little community here.

Fiddynut

happening brother!
hope you had a great day and your week is wrapping up nicely
yeah sometimes i wonder about our man floridian and some of the other guys too
he was going through some stuff with his family last we heard but seemed to come out ok
it was him and the dogs and he was getting his house right... then nothing
who knows, maybe one day we will hear from some of our old friends
yeah i think those dessicant packs would work or at least some dry rice with the vial of pollen stored within
i would like to first collect some viable pollen and go from there, but im still hoping i have all girls in this years outdoor grow
it would be cool to make your own seeds one of these days
the rest of the seedlings are looking good but i might wait another week before transplanting them into my friends yard
tonight is the first night of preseason football for most nfl teams and i am ready for some football for sure
kick ass fiddy and have a great night!

Good afternoon pop.
Greetings brother! I remember the same about Floridian. It seemed like he was just getting to a good point in his life and I remember how happy he sounded to be getting that car he talked about. I think he had been without a car and license for a while. I hope things got good for him and he just got busy. Your right, maybe someday he will pop back up.
I hope you get girl plants too. Collecting pollen and all that sounds like fun but more work than just growing flower. Someday I'll find something special enough to cross to something and go for it.
I'm glad your second batch of seedlings are doing well. Another week to toughen them up is a great idea. Are you doing anything special to keep the rodents from getting at the baby's?
I only watched a couple plays of the preseason packer game last night. It didn't look like any of the players that will be in the reg season were in the game and that normal I think for the first couple games. If I remember the 3rd preseason game is the one that uses the starters the most. I really haven't been keeping up with what's been going on in Green Bay or around the league in the off season but I'll catch up once the season starts.
I know your ready for some football for sure bud!
I hope your week finishes strong and your weekend kicks ass!

Fiddynut

Hey everyone, I heard this thread was where all the cool kids hang out. Looks like everyone's growing some killer herb, that makes me glad to see. This thread is actually the longest indoor soil thread in this forum's history, so congrats, ya'll have a nice little community here.
Greetings Bababooey.
Welcome! Thanks as well and I'm really surprised that this is the longest thread in indoor grows since I still consider myself (and the jungle) a noob. Im a fellow Midwesterner and I look forward to checking out your grows in your links as soon as I can.

Rodehazrd

Welcome babba were a humble crowd well mostly.
I got a tar baby in my briar patch.
More IPM deer patrol

Attachments

• 20190809_154756~2.jpg
    20190809_154756~2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 6

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

who tha'fuck is this guy?!?
actually its my main man baba' from the football threads!
hes a really cool guy and has a good head on his shoulders, he fits right in
glad to see you finally stop by my friend
its a great group like you said and we all share a variety of interests and i hope you post up here more now that you have found us

arid was telling me about a couple of the phenos hes found in his blanc jacques and im hoping to see a couple expressions he mentioned
seeing as how i only have two of this strain im hoping they are both females so i have a chance to get some diversity
you are right fiddy, it would be fun to try making some seeds one of these days
so the new batch of seedlings are doing great but i might have to hold off on moving them to my friends house for another week
i talked to him earlier today and he might have some unexpected company stop by tonight
im not sure i want them to see what we are up to just yet
but i will be sure to get some pics of the plants while im there and post up about them in the morning
me and the mrs might head back to the chineese place tomorrow but im kind of in the mood for some mexican
if we end up getting mexican we will go to that place that serves the mexican chow mein noodles; i will be sure to get some pics of the food if we do

beautiful dog rhode, looks like it might have some lab in it
how is that plant of yours recovering? were you able to knock down the infestation
hopefully its gotten past the shock and is back to growing like normal

hope everyone had a great week and is looking at an even better weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Fiddy, packers got a new coach and rodgers may tear up the league this season. He kind of had a down year by his standards last year so im not looking forward to him ripping up the division like he usually does.

That's a handsome pooch, RH. Does dog pee help keep the deer away? Do you keep the bandanna around the neck wet or filled with ice to keep her cool?

I think you might have fun making seeds and growing them out, Pop. You might make a cross that's as good as any seed you can buy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas, hope you are all starting your weekend off on the right foot
the last few mornings have been super foggy but today was the first chance i got to enjoy it
i woke up early and went outside and burned a j and just enjoyed the cold morning air and fog
it was super cool
the plants are looking nice and my friend is doing a great job taking care of them
here is the first one

and the second

and a pic of both

they have both just about doubled in size in the past week and the main stem has gotten a lot fatter
smell is still pretty low and i dident find any indication of sex so we will just have to wait till next week
i might have my friend take a couple pics mid week and see what they look like in a few days
even my friend was commenting on how fast they seem to be growing

that would be kind of cool to make my own cross one of these days baba'
it would be fun to find a plant with traits you like (like great flavor) and see if you could introduce those properties into another strain
hope youre enjoying your saturday morning
rams play later tonight, so far its been a fun first week of preseason football

hope you all have a great day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Wow, are those 5 gallon buckets? Plants look perfect, not a spot or crispy edge on them. Some of those fan leaves must be as big as your head if that is a 5g bucket.

I guess with males you can only go by vigor and growth to select which one's pollen to harvest; also by strain too but obviously there won't be any buds to sample.

But if you find a particularly desirable female it might be good to make some seeds of her. Had a friend who grew out some strawberry diesel back in the day when it first came out, stuff was fire, he gave me a bud that was so frosty it stuck to the bag. Literally like a glazed donut it was so frosty.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, those are both 5g buckets and the plants are growing like crazy
up till now they have been growing in good dirt, (ff mixed with some of my compost and coco coir) but im thinking i might give them some dr.earth next week
i wonder how you would go about choosing a suitable male plant? i guess you can do a lot of stem rubbing and see who smells the best, and of those i would look for the ones who had good color and structure

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah, Foxfarm and coco. I never used FF myself but did use coco quite a bit back in the day, it was like hydro without all the pumps and water and crap. Never heard of Dr Earth is that the hot new soil brand nowadays?

I've seen recipes posted on this site on how to make ur own FF Ocean Forest mix: soil, compost, guanos, some soil amendments in small quantities (lime? minerals?) and bam, no more paying $15 for a small bag of soil.

I think I've heard of people using the rub and smell test to select males for pollen, that seems as good a test as any. This site seems like it has some good advice too.

https://zenpype.com/what-should-you-look-for-in-male-cannabis-plant-for-breeding/

I'm sure there's a hundred other pages with advice on selecting males as well. Only problem is that you need a separate (very separate) flower area to grow males until they produce pollen.

Latest posts

Latest posts