What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

--1kw-- 9 Cherry Pies in Canna Coco, GH 2 part on drippers....

forty

....im seeing some burn on a few fan leaves any ideas what this is??

curious.... did you ever test runoff from the bags themselves? ime watering with drippers can make keeping the rootzone consistent challenging at times. it wouldn't hurt to test it just to make sure the rootzone is where you want it, ec and ph wise.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
taggin in yp215 lookin good bro, fwiw canna and b'cuzz are hands down the best coco, botanicare blows imho.

purp&kush

i just read in another thread that you do use the reverse.

the problem still happens? how does that stuff work, to the best of

your knowledge? do you have to use it before a certain time

(of growth)?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so does the reverse not work?

did you not use on this batch?

&/or have you ever tried the reverse?

why do some self pollinate, while the cut is stable(your words)?

can the trait be breed out, while keeping the cp "the same"?

me and my friends are skeptical of reverse....ive sprayed it 2-3 times and still got nanners...friends say the same. so not exactly sure....the main reason is that the guys who bred cherry pie and cookies are cash croppers, not professional breeders like say karma or rez...they just took males out of a pack of cali connection fire og kush and did some pollen hacking, for a proper hermy free OG kush cross you need a very special OG kush male because most have hermie traits......ive seen seeds in cherry pie i have bought from the club.same with cookies....maybe they spray em 5 times who knows. there might be a stable cut out there, only time will tell..

purp&kush

me and my friends are skeptical of reverse....ive sprayed it 2-3 times and still got nanners...friends say the same. so not exactly sure....the main reason is that the guys who bred cherry pie and cookies are cash croppers, not professional breeders like say karma or rez...they just took males out of a pack of cali connection fire og kush and did some pollen hacking, for a proper hermy free OG kush cross you need a very special OG kush male because most have hermie traits......ive seen seeds in cherry pie i have bought from the club.same with cookies....maybe they spray em 5 times who knows. there might be a stable cut out there, only time will tell..

cool, i got ya!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

bruh ive also seen reverse do wonders with nanner stranis... maybe its strain dependent?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
maybe im not using it right or something....i mix with saturator according to the bottle...then spray the shit out of them at once a week for the first 2-3 weeks...i noticed the pollen is inviable so maybe if i didnt spray they would be viable....the nanners arent that prevalant only 1 per branch it seems...not on every nug.

Mia

taggin in yp215 lookin good bro, fwiw canna and b'cuzz are hands down the best coco, botanicare blows imho.

I'm curious as to your low opinion of botanicare. What are your reasons? I agree canna is very nice but does trichoderma justify a ten dollar increase?botanicare doesn't seem that bad to me but I just grabbed a bag of it a week ago to see how it compared with canna. I've heard mixed things about bcuzz but have no personal experience

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I'm curious as to your low opinion of botanicare. What are your reasons? I agree canna is very nice but does trichoderma justify a ten dollar increase?botanicare doesn't seem that bad to me but I just grabbed a bag of it a week ago to see how it compared with canna. I've heard mixed things about bcuzz but have no personal experience
thats just my opinion based on personal experience, the botanicare stuff is more coarse and fibrous and just doesnt keep up, I did a side by side of coco's last year including canna, b'cuzz, botanicare, roots organic, and tuper royal gold coco(i think it was) all were used straight outta the bag and the roots and tuper both had pearlite in the mix(not really necessary when coco has a 30% air volume soaking wet). I prefer the finer more refined and broken down coco that is in canna and b'cuzz and the growth rates of both are equal with canna being the cheaper product for me, the bcuzz and canna out classed all other coco products in rate of growth and quality of finished product(quality was just slightly less and flavors were not as good in the roots and tuper). not sure if you've noticed but the botanicare stuff is sold in a 1.5 cubic ft (about 8 1gal pots), b'cuzz and canna are sold in 50liter bags(about 12 1 gal pots), although the bag of botanicare is cheaper it contains less coco and is actually more expensive for each gallon of coco than the canna....at least for me bcuzz is $26 canna is $22 botanicare is $16....but unless im strapped for cash b'cuzz is my number one, i like the fact that its stored nice and moist in a blacked out bag and it's just my personal preference it's worked out consistently in the past and if it aint broke don't fix it. havin a 20% discount a the gro shop helps lower those prices even more ;)

sorry for cloggin up your thread amigo.

Last edited:

Mia

Cool thanks for the reply. Yeah I wasn't paying attention to the difference in volume between the bags, that's interesting.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
thats just my opinion based on personal experience, the botanicare stuff is more coarse and fibrous and just doesnt keep up, I did a side by side of coco's last year including canna, b'cuzz, botanicare, roots organic, and tuper royal gold coco(i think it was) all were used straight outta the bag and the roots and tuper both had pearlite in the mix(not really necessary when coco has a 30% air volume soaking wet). I prefer the finer more refined and broken down coco that is in canna and b'cuzz and the growth rates of both are equal with canna being the cheaper product for me, the bcuzz and canna out classed all other coco products in rate of growth and quality of finished product(quality was just slightly less and flavors were not as good in the roots and tuper). not sure if you've noticed but the botanicare stuff is sold in a 1.5 cubic ft (about 8 1gal pots), b'cuzz and canna are sold in 50liter bags(about 12 1 gal pots), although the bag of botanicare is cheaper it contains less coco and is actually more expensive for each gallon of coco than the canna....at least for me bcuzz is $26 canna is $22 botanicare is $16....but unless im strapped for cash b'cuzz is my number one, i like the fact that its stored nice and moist in a blacked out bag and it's just my personal preference it's worked out consistently in the past and if it aint broke don't fix it. havin a 20% discount a the gro shop helps lower those prices even more ;)

:yeahthats

same expereince all the way. I go b'cuzz everytime now. i find it much more forgiving all well if i miss a day of feed or need to run tap water in an emergency.

no more :wallbash:

Incognegro

Interesting you say that...

I did a side by side last run and didn't really notice any huge difference in growth, with identical cuts... the only thing i noticed was I need to water the Botanicare 1x more a week than the Canna, because of the larger fibers (which I actually like, more airy to me that way).. yield was only a gram or 2 off, and that could've been from placement under light honestly....

Can't tell ya smoke.. i just started back smoking...didn't get a chance to try it..it was gone as soon as it was cut and dry... this stuff moves fast!:tiphat:

But if I remember, I will take some cuts this round as well, and do another side by side...:dance013:

cincy1017

hey prop that cherry pie looks great some real killer bud cant wait to see some cured pics...not sure if your a fan of wiz khalifa or not but hes one of my fav people in hiphop out right now one reason being hes a pothead just like us and i feel like you can tell by some his lyrics he really be smoking on some top shelf check this video out of him smoking on some cherry pie and GSC...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyyfZlMxjbA
how would u say your cuts compare to his? some parts of the video are stupid but i think its tight wiz actully be showing off the nugs he be smoking and showing he really dose smoke some kill unlike most other people in music who just talk about it and prob only be smoking on some normal shit if they even smoke at all

BigDawg

wiz has nothing else to rap about besides weed lol.. he needs to start reppin the growers more.

seems like the cookies is better than cherry pie

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wiz gets his cherry and cookies from the same circle i got my cuts from....my friends have already met and hung out with wiz he got a new condo in LA in the same area as kreayshawn and andy milonakis who are also weed fiends, wish i could go meet and party with them but got no time for that when you are growing all the time...my broker almost gave my SFV to wiz but ended up keeping it amongst the norcal circle...cookies has better taste than cherry but the CP has way better smell bag appeal wise....both have strong mindfuck highs that crash into a very tired zombie like effect i have no idea how wiz and those guys are able to function after smoking so much...

purp&kush

i have no idea how wiz and those guys are able to function after smoking so much...

i wonder this to.

probley little cat naps,

cause the gsc i've been smoking on lately...

yeah i've converted, @ 1st it was cp all day.

now im officially addicted to gsc. best thing on

the market to me, i think it will be the next big thing.

the gsc i had the yesterday was shining like diamonds,

hard fucking ball. its fucked up when you really only want to

smoke 1 strain. the taste, the high, just call me cookie monster!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
genetically it should be mostly sativa because of durban and the ogk but as well all know og kush is a very hard hitting high similar to indica...the GDP is heavy indica too known for couchlock sleepy high...cookies is pretty heavy stuff a few blunts of that and its hard not to hit the bed for a kushnap...

i wonder how they get it so dense.....any ideas? i asked through my broker and i guess most of the cookies hitting the clubs right now is being grown in soil...but who knows

C

csedge

wiz gets his cherry and cookies from the same circle i got my cuts from....my friends have already met and hung out with wiz he got a new condo in LA in the same area as kreayshawn and andy milonakis who are also weed fiends, wish i could go meet and party with them but got no time for that when you are growing all the time...my broker almost gave my SFV to wiz but ended up keeping it amongst the norcal circle...cookies has better taste than cherry but the CP has way better smell bag appeal wise....both have strong mindfuck highs that crash into a very tired zombie like effect i have no idea how wiz and those guys are able to function after smoking so much...

haha no shit wiz says we got the best stuff on the east coast when he smoked the purple chem 91. he was amazed and hits my boy up everytime hes in the state now. just was here 2 weeks ago but i was in Chicago.

genetically it should be mostly sativa because of durban and the ogk but as well all know og kush is a very hard hitting high similar to indica...the GDP is heavy indica too known for couchlock sleepy high...cookies is pretty heavy stuff a few blunts of that and its hard not to hit the bed for a kushnap...

i wonder how they get it so dense.....any ideas? i asked through my broker and i guess most of the cookies hitting the clubs right now is being grown in soil...but who knows

I think I speak for a whole continent (Europe), when I say this mix can never be a mostly sativa.

Tahoe OG x GDP x Durban Poison

GDP x Durban gives you a max of 50% Sativa, although its hard for me to believe the Durban Poison is really 100% Sativa with 9 Weeks of flowering.
As I read from **********, Tahoe OG is SFV OG x OG Kush.
OG Kush has 25% Lemon Thai and the SFV OG Kush has something like 12,5% Lemon Thai.
A cross would have something like 17,5% Sativa.

So you get 50% Sativa X 17,5% Sativa. This makes mostly Indica. Fat leaves, stout plants, solid buds, no more than 5 Fingers. - Buts that´s just my 5 (Euro) cents.
Great setup btw!

Latest posts

Latest posts