What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Newbies Guide to Growing in Coco" thread/sticky

Chomp

I always had great coco grows with the Botincare bales of coco expanded and rinsed WITH HOT WATER a couple times. With the regular GH Flora micro/bloom using the Lucas Formula and nothing else.

Hot water is the key to getting any remaining salts out of the coco even though Botincare says their coco is aged and rinsed.

I have hard water with a lot of calcium also. The GH Flora nutes seem to work the best with my tap water for me. All those other additives aren't needed for a great grow IMHO.

:joint: Chomp

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PH 6.0, keep it wet, give your plants extra cal/mg watch them grow like they want to! Coco rules :woohoo:

I mix mine with like 30% hydroton, sometimes chunky perlite seems to make for better root systems. ;)

abuldur

I would say go for compressed coco bricks inoculated with tricoderma.

I use a spanish brand the stuff rules.

Sold in 12 brick packs (or individually) each brick equals 11 liters of grow medium once watered with 3 liters of water.

This is so convenient for guerrilla or indoor cause its so easy to move around and it is way cleaner than using dirt indoors.

It is good quality and requires no flushing or ph adjustment.

Only one drawback with coco imo,not so great to keep moms.

I like to keep my moms in hydro cause i just easier for long conservation.

peace