What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uk cheese in bio-bizz

HI

RITE IVE JUST SET UP MY FIRST PROPER GROW.

I'VE CURRENTLY GOT 4 UK CHEESE CLONES VEGGING UNDER A 600W HPS IN A WARDROBE, THEY'RE ON 18/6 IN 5 LITRE POTS USING BIO-BIZZ ALL MIX.

I PLAN TO VEG FOR ABOUT 2 WEEK BEFORE SWITCHING TO FLOWER FOR APPROX 8-9 WEEKS.

UPDATE!!

ITS THREE WEEKS LATER NOW, THEY'VE BEEN TOPPED TWICE AND TRANSFERED INTO 10 LITRE POTS, I PUT THEM ON 12/12 ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF AGO. THEY'RE DOING VERY WELL AND REALLY STARTING TO SMELL!!

TELL ME WAT U THINK!

G

Looks good mate. I suggest getting some 3-4 foot bamboo stakes and stake those ladies, Cheese has pretty weak stems and needs some support.

yeh i was contemplating giving them sum support, thanks for advice mate.

now i dont know whether ive been told sum bullshit, but the guy in the shop where i bought my bio-bizz sed that i wudnt need any nutes for 6 weeks because they're already in the mix (it's bio-biz all mix). does this sound rite? or shud i go out and get sum bio-bloom or something.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
the guy in the shop sounds like a decent bloke. most want to sell you everything they have in stock. I'd do this grow without any nutes and watch it carefully, then compare that with next grow where you add small amounts, and then you will start to dial your grow in.

yeh he was a decent bloke, didnt try and push any extras on me.

i will try it without any nutes, but is there any obvious signs to look out for to do with a lack of nutes? i dunno yellowing of the leaves or something??

G

The all mix is a pretty hot soil mix, it has a fair bit of nutes added, so you probably won't need any nutes in veg. Bio-Grow isn't that expensive, but I would suggest just buying a cheap bottle of organic feed and some seaweed extract from your local garden cnetre, will work just as well as Bio-Grow and Alg-a-Mic. I am using Bio-grow at the moment cos I happen to have a bottle an it needs using up. Alg-a-Mic is good stuff, but it's just seaweed extract and the cheap stuff works just as well for me.

If you see the lower leaves starting to yellow, she is hungry and needs a feed, the All-mix is strogn though, so you might not need to add any nutes. The seaweed is a good idea to use when watering and as a foliar spray, keeps plants healthy and also stimulates roots.

DSCF0018.jpg

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i bet, you wont wanna smoke no other weed after tasting what u got there
looking good
:joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm using All-Mix for the first time, and it is pretty hot, so for two weeks I just ran water, Rhizotonic and Cannazym, but then gradually upped to full strength nutes over a week, and haven't noticed any problems at all in terms of over-feeding. It might be strong stuff, but I think it's smoothly absorbed by the looks of things.

I'm currently growing a Flo plant, which is not meant to be tolerant of heavy nutes at all, but it's thriving on this regime at the moment:

yep it is a personal favourite of mine uk cheese! they have a musty cheesy smell at the moment. i imagine they are going to stink when they mature.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
nice grow, wow uk cheese nice, im currently growing BB cheese now. even in vegging it seems to have a skunky maybe cheesy smell.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When a soil that is premixed with fertilisers is a bit too strong for the plant thats growing in it, it is described as 'hot' because the plant will exhibit symptoms of nutrient burn. :wave:

thats interesting, when i aquired the cuttings they already displayed signs of slight nute burn, ive been monitoring them and it dosent seem to have worsened, theres faint purple/reddish lines up the main stalk.

anyway all's good, planning to get sum more pics up later on this week, theres nice flower tops starting to take shape.

B

BeAn

From what ive heard, the Cheese needs time to develop in veg...otherwise yield is poor. :joint: