What's new

Cannabis In Ghana

Assassino

I'm currently living in the ivory coast and will be leaving for accra (ghana) to study there.
I have questions about the cannabis they have over there. What are the names of the most easily findable strains (of i assume sativa) and the average level of thc in the plants.
Thank you in advance for your answers.:thank you:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Unless there are expats living in Ghana, who imported their seeds from the West, you are unlikely to encounter Durban Poison or Malawi Gold in any African country outside of South Africa and Malawi respectively, BUT, with a little snooping about, you may run into some decent no-name local Sativa strains that will do the job. There are no local landrace strains indica in most of Africa, so your options will all be sativa variants.

Laws can be brutal in Africa for weed smokers, so if you are not local in appearance, you are safer finding a trusted local to score the bud for you, while you keep that all important low profile. Getting busted with a joint will lead to a long stretch in the pokey in many African countries, so play it safe.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
my buddy went to Ghana many years ago to secure some manganese ore bizz... on the 5+ hr drive from the airport, people bathing on the side of the road, people selling 'grasscutters' (large rats) on the side of the road, some type of mites in the fresh water lakes that burrow into your skin, buzzards in the trees, beetles the size of your fist.. etc/etc... other then that he said it was the garden spot of the world...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Durban Poison and Malawi Gold come to mind.

Oh you are so wrong, other end of Africa.

Years ago I knew someone who worked in the oil industry there. Smoke was reported to be excellent, but it's possible he was not a seasoned smoker and had only limited variety to compare it to!

Good luck!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Lots of nice local weed in Ghana and good vibes, lots of rastas as well... a friend of mine visited the country and he loved the local ganja and relaxed people.

Like any other local Cannabis, you will find good and not-so-good batches, but you will have fun for sure. ;)

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Accra Skunk(not really Skunk) was nice,musky and potent(but high is a bit Foggy)in the late 90's and still around post-2000 for a while at least. All the other Ghanaian weed I have tried is classic west-african types.Spicey,Herby,carroty,occasionally fruity or musky. lots of Small trichomes but nice perky high,some find it para but not me.gets u behind the eyes kinda.
Last Ghanaian brick I tried was 4 years ago and it was rather nice TBH,remided me of good Malawi. My Godson lives there and a lot of his fam and friends smoke. There are some people growing western cultivars but it goes out quick and locals rarely see it. On the DarkWeb a few years ago they had all kids of Ghanaian-grown western hybrid bud for sale,They were Shipping it quite blatantly. JBo

cryptop

From what I've heard from locals, the best way to obtain cannabis in Ghana is to get a local to buy it from the police... they are *apparently* very friendly as long as you share some with them lol.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Lol ^^

OP you should document your Ghana weed adventures here in this thread for the benefit of other African travellers in the future

best wishes with your journey
darth

AeroKush102

I just sent some genetics to Ghana a couple weeks ago, I'll be there to see what does. Destroyer x errythang I had at the time. Ghana, yeah.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Oh you are so wrong, other end of Africa.

Years ago I knew someone who worked in the oil industry there. Smoke was reported to be excellent, but it's possible he was not a seasoned smoker and had only limited variety to compare it to!

Good luck!

So cannabis strains don't travel in Africa like they do in the US? You can find any strain anywhere in the states and that's 3000 miles coast to coast.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
So cannabis strains don't travel in Africa like they do in the US? You can find any strain anywhere in the states and that's 3000 miles coast to coast.

You are comparing the most developed nation on earth to the least developed continent on earth?

Even a heavily medicated stoner should understand that! :laughing: