What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ph levels week 4/5 flowering

vro

what is the ideal ph range for nutes during week 4/5 flowering? i think my plants might have a ph problem i will post pictures once i get my camera. right now my nutes are at 6.4 ph it doesnt seem like much but the problem looks like it has got a bit worse today after i fed them this morning. i am using calmag and biothrive bloom. i just picked up a ph meter today and was using the vial that comes with general hydroponics ph up and down before testing it with the meter. i think it is a ph problem because i tested the water first at 6.5 then put the nutes in it and just found out you arent supposed to do that, so i am thinking that the ph got lowered and that is what caused this. i will post pictures later tonight but i wanted to know what ph level i should be using and when i should start flushing

M.R.GT

Veteran
Flush with just pHed water and check your run off. mix nutes first then adjust pH. get back on feeding schedule .

soil 6.2 to 6.5
hydro 5.5 to 6.2

what strain? Soil, hydro, feeding schedule in E.C. or ppm? lot of unanswered questions to offer any real help.

more info on your set up would help.

vro

Flush with just pHed water and check your run off. mix nutes first then adjust pH. get back on feeding schedule .

soil 6.2 to 6.5
hydro 5.5 to 6.2

what strain? Soil, hydro, feeding schedule in E.C. or ppm? lot of unanswered questions to offer any real help.

more info on your set up would help.
one of the plants are a strawberry cough clone and the other is a random seed. the problem appears more on the strawberry cough clone. i am using fox farms ocean forest for my medium and they are fed half a gallon each every 2 days. i gave them their nutes just this morning and its only the fan leaves that this problem is on, there are small yellow spots and bigger spots around the edges on some of the leaves. they are not in a pattern it is more of random spots. i will try and get pictures up here soon once i get my camera

Snype

Veteran
one of the plants are a strawberry cough clone and the other is a random seed. the problem appears more on the strawberry cough clone. i am using fox farms ocean forest for my medium and they are fed half a gallon each every 2 days. i gave them their nutes just this morning and its only the fan leaves that this problem is on, there are small yellow spots and bigger spots around the edges on some of the leaves. they are not in a pattern it is more of random spots. i will try and get pictures up here soon once i get my camera

I hope you are not feeding more than every 10 days with FFOF soil. I feed every 2-3 weeks. I have a feeling you are feeding every watering. If you are that is pure craziness.

If you are feeding all the time, I will bet you if you check your run-off that you will see that your soil is under 6.0 pH and your PPM will be through the roof. Stop feeding and get your run off back up to 6.4.

Snype

Veteran
To check your Run Off in a 2 Gallon Pot of FFOF, very slowly pour 400-500 mL of 6.5 pH water into the pot and let the first 30 mL collect into a container. When you get the first 30-50 mL collected, measure the PPM and pH and let us know what it says. If you already flushed then the tests won't really be accurate and won't really mean anything.

vro

i dont have a tds meter i just have a ph meter, this is my first grow and i just picked up the ph meter yesterday, before that i was using the vial that comes with ph up and down. i had no idea that i would even make it this far. i was told to give those nutes to the plant once every 2 days so that is what i was doing. these are all pictures from the strawberry cough clone. i didnt test the run off the other day because i went to sleep and the lights were off in the room. is it still accurate to test it in the morning?

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 8

Snype

Veteran
i dont have a tds meter i just have a ph meter, this is my first grow and i just picked up the ph meter yesterday, before that i was using the vial that comes with ph up and down. i had no idea that i would even make it this far. i was told to give those nutes to the plant once every 2 days so that is what i was doing. these are all pictures from the strawberry cough clone. i didnt test the run off the other day because i went to sleep and the lights were off in the room. is it still accurate to test it in the morning?

Dont worry about the tds meter. You are over feeding. Stop feeding. Perform your test and give me your run off pH.

vro

i am using 5 gallon buckets. should i use 500ml of ph 6.5 water to test the run off or add more water? i dont have a container or anything to test the run off with either i just have a clay pot under the bucket. i am growing in a closet and there is not a lot of room to test the run off. is it okay if i just watered it without testing? my next grow i would have all this stuff in check. this was just a practice grow

M.R.GT

Veteran
snype is right looks like you got them hot. You need the flush to wash out the nute build up in your soil. 500 mil ain't gonna touch it. in a 5 gallon bucket your gonna need more like a gallon. pHed at 6.2 to 6.5 add slowly until you get a run off that falls in that range.

If you don't get the build up out they're just gonna continue to burn.

vro

do you just keep adding more water until you reach a ph of 6.2-6.5 in the run off? is there a limit on the amount of water i should give them max? after that is done do you feed the plant nutes at 6.2-6.5? what should i do after i reach a ph of 6.2-5 in the run off

Snype

Veteran
do you just keep adding more water until you reach a ph of 6.2-6.5 in the run off? is there a limit on the amount of water i should give them max? after that is done do you feed the plant nutes at 6.2-6.5? what should i do after i reach a ph of 6.2-5 in the run off

Sorry. Keep adding water til you get 50 mL.

vro

what do you mean by keep adding water until i get 50ml do you mean for the start of the run off to test the ph of it?

Snype

Veteran
what do you mean by keep adding water until i get 50ml do you mean for the start of the run off to test the ph of it?

Add just enough water to let 50 mL fall out of the bottom of the bucket. Test the 50 mL that falls out of the bottom of the bucket with your pH meter.

Snype

Veteran

Why would you want to feed? Feed every 2-3 weeks.

M.R.GT

Veteran
get your 50 ml test the pH to determine if you need a flush

snype can walk you through it. Im not much for soil.

Snype

Veteran
I have a funny feeling this guy has a bucket with no holes in the bottom. Why do people think they have to feed soil so often. If I had my plants in 5 gallon pots of FFOF soil, I would have to feed one time the entire grow.

Just stop feeding and all should be good...dont flush...just fade...ph balanced water without nutes for the next 3-4 weeks. If you are already four to five weeks in a flower cycle...your ppm is probably to high for a sensitive strain.Just guessing that your plants may be done around day 63...seems to be the average. Perfect ph range for those weeks are 6.5 to 6.8. I always adjust water after nutes... to 6.5-6.6. Are you using fox farms nutes? They suggest to only use every other watering. Most chemical ferts lower ph. The tiger bloom is 2.0. Good luck with the grow.

Snype

Veteran
i tested the ph that fell out and it was at 7.9

There is one of your problems. Your second problem is over feeding. I cant tell you my solution to your first problem because you wont have the correct products that I have and everyone will think im crazy. Someone else would have to take over from here. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts