What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoned Workout

BagseedSamurai

I smoked a hash laden bowl before I went out for my afternoon jog/sprint. And ive come to one conclusion.

Endorphines + THC = bliss

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
I find it easier to work out while high. Though when I can I use sativa rather than indica before exercising. I also avoid lifting weight for obvious reasons.

BagseedSamurai

I get high and run. I dont have the luxury of a ine sativa, so it does take some mental coercion before i get up and go, but once i do its so much easier to push myself to my limit.

G

Smoking and exercise go hand in hand. I used to always blaze before skateboarding.....couldn't skate as good without it. Just watch out for overdoing it. I remember in junior high getting blazed out of my skull before working out with my sisters boyfriend at the gym. Lets just say the stairs at school never felt longer or higher.

marimbas

i hate to work out and be high. i dont enjoy it at all. I feel like if i was in the gym for 10 days, even when i had been there for 10 minutes, also it takes me way too much to do any exersice...

G

Mountain biking requires tunnel vision and relaxation... both fortunately provided by cannabis along with a nice time-slowing phenomenon.

BagseedSamurai

haha, yeah. But..Im the type that when I train, i push my limits to that for hours after im sore. But I stretch and keep myself hydrated also.

Hey, does THC dehydrate you at all?

Deadly Fear

Not a big fan of hitting the gym after smoking. My muscles feel lethargic and it kills the high. But afterwards I love to hit a few bags out of the Volcano.
Your body gets really worked up and then slowly creeps into being stoned.

alGrenDh

I'm going to have to go with Marimbas on this! Once I've smoked, there will be no working out for me. Got plenty of energy but something doesn't feel right. Stepping is a nightmare. Uncomfortable feeling. And weights...muscles don't want to work past the first set.

G

For me it extends only to cycling or snowboarding. Anyone who does either of those will know what I'm talking about... it's all about focus/tunnel vision, relaxation, reflexes and feeling tha flow.

If it isn't riding, then it needs to be something no more strenuous than hiking. Tending the garden is good. :)

Wacky Tobacky

i never tried smoking then working out and i dont think i would ever want to. i like to smoke after i workout cause then i can just relax and do what ever i want. i think it just makes more sense to smoke after cause then you can let your muscles relax n you can enjoy the smoke better.

G

"Pot doesn't lead to harder drugs, pot leads to carpentry" Dennis Leary

G

I ride my bike when I'm high sometimes. I try not to though, I do one run, sit down for a second and I'm done for the rest of the day. It helps sometimes though. I think a nice sativa would help.

G

MJ blends well with exercise IMO. Same with caffeine or any stimulant.

I've heard that the people who have the best records for rock climbing smoke pot. I've heard this from an avid non-pot-smoking person who rock climbs. This is why he's thinking of smoking now.

Wacky Tobacky

LEGALIZdaSACRED said:
MJ blends well with exercise IMO. Same with caffeine or any stimulant.

I've heard that the people who have the best records for rock climbing smoke pot. I've heard this from an avid non-pot-smoking person who rock climbs. This is why he's thinking of smoking now.
i guess he wants to be able to get really "high"..... on them rocks lol

tokinsmokin

yeah man I hear you on the bliss part from the endorphins, THC allows you to focus and concentrate so well. I used to workout after I'd eaten a firecracker, and I'd have to say those were some of the best workouts I've ever had, seriously I was able to lift more and workout harder. I'm not joking one bit, its all about concentration, and THC gives you that.

G

Yup....thats why most skateboarders smoke. It gets you right in the zone and keeps ya there. Ya just need a good sativa and a couple hits and your right there.

G

I agree with wacky tobacky. When me and my friends had smoke we would always work out first then just chill to the max. At the same time I understand what tokinsmokin is saying cuz supposedly working out will make the firecracker stronger.