What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it possible to make hash into hash oil?

-()pium-

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster in this sub-forum, i was not sure where to put this as it's a question about hash and not a hash report (no not in that forum obviously).

I recently made the move to the middle east due to my opiate addiction (see name lol) and just stick to the bud and hash. in my part of the ME hash is 100 times easier to come by than buds, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

from what i understand it comes into the country as oil, but then they cut it/cook it to make into into bricks (play-dough hash the right term??) and there by cutting the quality down ect. blah blah blah. they mostly smoke spliffs here and it sucks, i made a homemade pipe but the impure hash is very harsh on the lungs.

so me being american i think i can change they way they do things with my own idea. which is to take the play-dough hash and make it into oil.

i would go ahead and do this because an oz of hash is about $150 here but the problem arises when i have not heard of anyone doing this before and everyone i have asked so far has not had any experience with this process.

i found this youtube video, and assuming he is right i have a couple questions on it.

or if anyone knows of a better method than this, please please do explain or link to it.

[YOUTUBEIF]kPDHnpw1X20[/YOUTUBEIF]
why acetone and not butane? any better measurements then 2 or 3 times the amount of hash?

just air evaporation, no heat? why? and why is he scraping it off the plate so many times? i think it just shows him with one yield, or is it multiple ones

guys any help, tips explanations would be greatly appreciated

9Lives8Left

Can't watch the video right now but I'll try to answer your questions anyways haha.

I believe he is using acetone just as an alternative. Some people do not like using Butane for safety reasons or other concerns, plus I find it easier to work with acetone or isopropyl than butane.

As for how much of your chosen solvent to use, I would say use enough to submerge your material, it all should evaporate out anyway so it shouldn't really make a difference as long as you do not use too little.

He is not using heat because he does not have to. Heat just speeds up the evaporation process but can also be dangerous because of the risk of igniting the alcohol vapor in the air.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We extract the oil from hash by running it though the coffee grinder and boiling it in 190 proof ethanol for about 30 minutes.

Because the bulk of the plant material has already been taken out of the equasion, it doesn't pick up the chlorophyl and other water solubles that refluxing plant material would.

After filtration, we just evaporate off the alcohol naturally, with heat, or with vacuum, depending on the intended end use. It makes a very nice clean oil with our own hash, but if you are using someone elses hash, you might want to throw in a cleaning procedure, depending on its quality.

A good start might be to deep freeze the filtered alcohol for a few days to force the minimally solubles to coagulate and clump, so that they can also be filtered out before evaporating off the alcohol.

If it is really full of added filler (crap), you might check out my thread about getting the green and waxes out, which involves mixing with hexane and then running a large volume of saturated saline solution through it, before separating the mixture in a seperatory funnel and evaporating off the hexane.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Making hash from extract sounds weird. It must be loaded with garbage, and low prices are probably not an accident.

A cool book from the 70's seen in the school library in the 80's claimed that the Uighurs collect hash powder in the winter and bag it, then in the summer they punch it much with wooden rods, and eventually true honey oil separates. Just wanted to say that I'd really like to try that.

Latest posts

Latest posts