What's new

Peruvian Kotosh Purpura

Obsidian

Veteran
Setting the Record AGAIN, THIS IS NOT Matilda or any other of the crappy street weed found in Peru. This is/was gown for personal consumption by Ahbram for himself in their field in the Ankash region, and I was given a bundle by him as a gift.

I've smoke everything Peru has to offer street wise from N.Peru to Chile all the way down to the Straights, not much decent weed. The Matilda is what I would call green mexi schwag...even the Skan is at best schwag quality brown green. They don't have the same quality as we do in the North, there is a very tiny sub culture of growers in Peru and I've met a few. They have allot to learn, and a long way to catch up inddor wise, they just do not have the elec power capabilities atm.

This is not street weed, this is Cannabis sold in the jungles by the Hassidic Jewish Community that is known for their cannabis growing on the Amazonian side of the Andes.

chucha.jpg

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Hola Obsidian. I've been out of the loop for a while and did not come across this thread until now. In any case, after a bust for growing 5 years ago I decided to leave Europe. Since I'd been coming to Peru several times to share the medicine (Ayahuasca) with Olivia Arevalo (who you might know. I've met Guillermo - although not in Peru but in France - through Jan Kounen, the director of Blueberry), Peru was my choice of new home. I bought 2 1/2 acres of land in a valley close to Cusco and built me a house. Now I live permanently in the Andes, organizing Wachuma ceremonies with local masters.
The Shipibo masters I met in Iquitos and Pucallpa knew and used Cannabis only as a medicinal plant. Personally I consider Cannabis as a great teacher plant, with as much potential as Ayahuasca, Peyote (that I grow legally on my land here in Peru) or Wachuma for personal exploration and development.
I've searched for the famous Punta Rojo strain without coming across it. The genetics here in the Sacred Valley are mostly a mix of local strains and commercial heavy hitters from the US, Canada and Europe. I did come across a promising strain a couple of years ago that I call Peruvian Gold, but the hermie traits made it impossible to work with. I also noticed that the strains here worked great at the altitude (10 000 feet), but once I brought them down and grew them at sea level, they lacked some of the punch they had up in the mountains. In any case I'm looking forward to the continuation of this thread, we're kind of swimming in the same waters so to speak!

Obsidian

Veteran
Chulachaki ... interesting story

I met Chulachaki before I knew the story.

There is a grove deep in the jungle down on the Aucayacu River, near the camp where I do my Ayahuasca work. I drank my Aya and sat back down, and while I listened to Hiro sign the chants I was suddenly on my face on the floor where my dream body slipped from the physical to the non ordinary. I was standing with the ants, above them taller watching them march, they were about the size of a small dog.
I watched fascinated, just so amazing to be able to be this close, suddenly I was pulled back by the touch of my caretaker, I was outside purging on my hands and knees above a anthill, suddenly I was back and a bigger ant than the others was asking me where I wanted to go, and I just said back to where we all originate from, our starting point. I felt this sensation, and I was sitting in front of the beginning of everything. Sitting on the edge watching Creation unfold, so much info poured into my consciousness at that moment, all the knowledge of the Universe, why, who, where, what, and when, I have no fears anymore.
I'm now watching the first consciousness appear, they flutter like butterflies, or hummingbirds, just to blurry and colourful to see a definite shape.
Suddenly I'm back, Ruber asks if I'm doing all right, I flash back and forth between the jungle images and back in the Tambo where I'm lieing down on my side next to the edge purging, wtf is going on...
A little guy appears next to me shaking a fractaline snake stick at me, asks me if I like it? I say yes, it looks really neat, I ask how it changes colour, and he says follow him. I get up and walk in my dream body with this little man who is limping graciously through the under brush, we stop in a clearing and he tells me to sit down, and as I do there are millions of fractaline snakes under me surrounding me, one enters the top of my head and another through my mouth, and into my belly where they merge and reside to this moment as I write.
Later I wake with my guide sitting next to me at the tambo, not feeling so hot he helps me over to the outhouse where I purge for over an hour. I finally feel better and lay down to sleep.
Later I find out from Hiro that I was chosen by Chulachaki and given a gift.

Now 15yrs later I find that my meeting with CC have been those of fear and delight.

I feel he gifted me with this Amazonian Cannabis...

have fun.

Obsidian

Veteran
it's over, I cut them down yesterday.

no pics, wife took the kids and camera, and went to g'ma and g'pa for the next 2 weeks while I work on a custom jewellery order...I'm a Lapidary by trade and cut gemstones for a living.

the short hair produced the serious weight, the long hair big buds less weight

smells short hair is to complex to describe, long hair is smoky fruity a very cool burnt roasted berry scent.

3 weeks out before smoke test.

clones doing very nice, starting seeds for 2016 in a couple weeks, damn it's already time, March is 55 days away.

see you guys in a few days gotta go...

LostTribe

Premium user
it's over, I cut them down yesterday.

no pics, wife took the kids and camera, and went to g'ma and g'pa for the next 2 weeks while I work on a custom jewellery order...I'm a Lapidary by trade and cut gemstones for a living.

the short hair produced the serious weight, the long hair big buds less weight

smells short hair is to complex to describe, long hair is smoky fruity a very cool burnt roasted berry scent.

3 weeks out before smoke test.

clones doing very nice, starting seeds for 2016 in a couple weeks, damn it's already time, March is 55 days away.

see you guys in a few days gotta go...

I was thinking about just that the other day gotta get my peppers and maters ready to get in early

Obsidian

Veteran
building a new grow area, a 32' x 24' x 8' dog ear cedar fence enclosure, w 48" x 8' steel reinforced door.

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
wife and I were talking about that yesterday. need to do some research as to pro/con

You could do a roof like a pvc hoophouse. The kind that you see people build for their veggie beds in the winter. It might not stand up to a ton of snow, but it'd help to extend your growing season. It would also give you the ability to do some light dep if that's something you'd be interested in.

Those buds look so wild. Can't wait for a smoke report!

LostTribe

Premium user
you might be able to put a small pitch frame up there if you can find some transparent corrugated panels to use for a roof....

Kush_Kloud

Hey Obsidian, your Peruvian Kotosh Purpura landrace is a true gem. Thank you for posting a thread about this amazing Peruvian landrave. I have always been interested in South American landrace cannabis, cause of their purple red/ blood red color traits and unique terpene/ terpinoid/ cannabinoid profiles. Obsidian I am curious, does your purple phenotype have purple/ reddish purple stripes going down its stem and calyxs? Does it bleed red like Colombian Punto Rojo cannabis when it's stem is cut? How is the terpene profile on this particular pheno or similar pheno's? Any floral/frankincense/rootbeer/fermented berry-cedar smells, that are usually associated with other highland South American/Central American cannabis landraces? How are the highs of the different phenotypes, may you please give a detailed smoke report of the plants you have grown? These are just some basic questions I would appreciate you to answer, so I can get a feel on what you are working with?

Kush Kloud

Latest posts

Latest posts