What's new

Circular LST

teide

Veteran
Has anyone tried training a landrace/lanky sativa in a spiralling way? Would love to see photos!
I am contemplating doing this to my cambodian landrace. Haven't grown it before, don't know what to expect. From other growers photos it seems lanky enough, and I might have serious height limitations for it. Lst and heavy topping will be necessary, but I might get away with less if it is trained in a spiralling way. Starting with an outer border with max circumference available and spiralling inwards.
Thoughts?

Cmoon

I had an aussie landrace sativa (6) on 4 screens for 16 weeks under 600...yeild was poor, people who smoked the final product went missing, in groups....what a ride:woohoo:

big learning curve and yes to ive took several in a circle on plastic climber with a vertical bulb, woorks great and good look with a long quest:tiphat:

CrossBones

I bookmarked this guide the first time I did it. Works well, but adds to veg time..

https://www.indoormarijuanaseeds.co...ow-stress-training-lst-growing-marijuana.html

Edit: After clicking link from here I get - "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead on my FireFox Browser" works fine from my years ago bookmark. So enter at your own peril. Says Certificate name is wrong? Anyways, It works to go in a circle with Sats inside. Good Luck

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Found the link via another page.
I just get a warning from your link.
But thanks, I read the page. That is exactly the type of lst I would like to see a real photo of. have seen many regular lst photos.
I have also lst'd myself, My Kc45s are lst'd at the moment, and my y griega is mainlined. Vertical screen might work on the landrace, but from what I've seen the screens tend to rise quite a bit vertically. My though is that my sativa would need to spiral more than one round to accomodate for the growth and keep it as low as possible without topping. Not sure if there is a limit to how much I can bend in a circle before growth stops or there is too much stiffness.
Such a photo would be fascinating to see. A harvested landrace two rounds-spiralling stem.
Will upload if I manage to do it. Looking forward to your grow, cmoon.

Last edited:

Breadwizard

Here's a bonsai plant I did a spiral LST on. It was kept very low in a 1 gallon pot.
picture.php

Here's the same plant in flower, 6 weeks:
picture.php

Cmoon

I was thinking of something like this.
But with a bigger circumference and a few more bud sites..

https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/a5kjuq/cannabis_bonzai_budzaiofficial_on_ig/

that style creates a huge main and something to consider with humidity levels, if your going to use a circular screen id suggest vegging around the outer, hit the bloom lights and train, if the strain is stable and known to you (grown by you) you have prior stretch rate knowledge and could prune out anything unwanted at 21 days plus a few:tiphat:

bests cm

teide

Veteran
Thanks for your replies, breadwizard and cmoon! This is good help.
The strain is new to me. I want to bonsai a sativa landrace. I am afraid of height limitations. I need to keep it small while interbreeding and backcrossing and selecting for phenos. Crossing it to an auto to make it a cambodian auto.
I can try to scrog and also pinch away, as I need only a few flowers when pollen chucking for seed run. However, it would be nice to have a keeper in a spiralling bonsai mom..

teide

Veteran
Iv just spent 30 mins looking:laughing:....iv not seen it in over 10 years myself. no fear im planning one for the shed in next few weeks, seeds already sprut:tiphat:

How is your shed grow coming along, cmoon?
Will it be vertical?
I am thinking of doing it like breadwizard, light source above and just one or maybe two spirals just to bring down height.
Your vertical grow where people went missing, haha, that was training the plants around a light source in the centre, no? I can imagine four walls of Australian sativa was quite a training effort..

Cmoon

tbh m8 iv done quite a few vertical screen experiments, one posted on here many cmoons back:laughing: with 2 x 600 dropped of pulleys attached to a 3.5 intel light rail pulling them up and down...if its not a yield thing I dont see it being that hard to accomplish, my apoligies for confussing the issue.

Iv seen some super grows using this idea and not sure why the initiative went away, Heath Robinson used aqua farms for high yeild so im confident you would achieve your aim and id love to see it:tiphat:

Cmoon

How is your shed grow coming along, cmoon?
Will it be vertical?
I am thinking of doing it like breadwizard, light source above and just one or maybe two spirals just to bring down height.
Your vertical grow where people went missing, haha, that was training the plants around a light source in the centre, no? I can imagine four walls of Australian sativa was quite a training effort..

missed youre post m8...im in here just considering it:laughing:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=371441

man i feel like a golfer:biggrin: which club to use...lol

Cmoon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am thinking of doing it like breadwizard, light source above and just one or maybe two spirals just to bring down height. [/FONT]

how about early top, or pin branches to outer pot and flower very early or do multiseeds and flower from sprut, theyll take on maturity before they move to bloom ime

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here is a Zamaldelica I flowered in a circular LST.

Micro style, 165w P LL lights.

picture.php

28 days later:

picture.php

That plant flowered another 80 days +/-, yield was satisfactory
for the effort, but I did not train any more in a circle.

I use this rig these days:

picture.php

Thai Haze x Skunk, takes up more footprint, but better yield.

The cups are coco hempy, 16oz.

Been flowering like this for years, got no complaints on quality yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts