What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellowing mid flowering

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's an autoflower. It's described elsewhere as maturing in 55 days, short even for an autoflower. It's going into senescence, telling you it's ready to harvest.

Ok I'll take you up on that. I have a sour nightmare at 3 wks flower. She is in a 1 gallon soil. I'll pot her up tonight and see!

Great somebody dares to try. I have popcorn, beer and lots of weed. I'm really curious.

1 Gallon? 1 Gallon means about 3.8 Liter. I consider this as quite small to bring a plant through flower, but this depends also on size of the plant and how much light and so on. I would repot in 10 Liter/3 Gallons.

I fertilize only very less, but repot my plants frequently. I start with seed in jiffy, When many roots are visible, I repot in 1 Liter pots, when roots fill the pot, I repot into 3.5 Liter, then 10 and in the end 20 Liter. Usually in the end my plants are about 120 - 140 cm high. During vegg I topp them a couple of times. Many side branches. 600 W.

I love to experiment, even if I often fail. Often I find I myself learning something just by playing around. Repotting during flower is something I tried one day and it worked well for me. I keep on doing this since then and found I'm not the only one.

edit:
Concerning not to repot during flower - when does flower start? When you switch to 12/12 or when first prefowers are visible? It depends on your point of view. Some strains develop first preflowers day 21.

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
When I get new clones I put a small one in flower right away for testing. 1 gallon is small but so is the plant. I put it in a 2 gallon. It's under 1000W hortilux.

mushroombrew

Veteran

Weird thought I posted a pic yesterday?

Here she is. Little nitrogen deficient. But repotted her instead of foliar feeding.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I have a sour nightmare at 3 wks flower. She is in a 1 gallon soil. I'll pot her up tonight and see!

I always wash buds. Cleans them of dust and rinses them. And any bugs. Beneficial of not.

No different to harvesting in the rain. Which I did dozens of times in Hawaii! haha! Rains every damn day sometimes!

Could you explain how you wash them?
I like the idea of cleaning them.

Did you have issues with mold doing outdoor in hawaii?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Could you explain how you wash them?
I like the idea of cleaning them.

Did you have issues with mold doing outdoor in hawaii?

Yes mold is a big issue in Hawaii. Its not too bad if you can avoid the inch worm catapillars. They chew up leaf deep in the bud. Which rots and spreads quick.

Washing is just like it sounds. 5 gallon bucket full of clean water. Dunk and swish. There are lots of things that stick to resin. As you will see in the bucket.
The water keeps the plants stiff for trimming. The wet buds go in a big garbage bag. And we trim. They can stay in the bag wet overnight without issues.
Water does not stick to resin. So the only parts that get saturated are the leaves which get trimmed off.
Scissors do NOT stick to wet bud. I dunk hands and scissors constantly.
So much quicker and easier. I trimming in 2 weeks. I'll post pics on my #3/light thread. You'll see how much crap comes off. I'll use a white bucket so you can see.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73951&pictureid=1768091]View Image[/url]

Weird thought I posted a pic yesterday?

Here she is. Little nitrogen deficient. But repotted her instead of foliar feeding.

Pot size looks great considering the size of the plant. Yes, there is a slightly nitrogen deficiency visible. Bottom leafs are brighter than the upper leafs. A good time to repot.

I don't know 'Sour Nightmare Kush', but sounds like indica mostly and something about 8 weeks flowering?
So, three weeks now and at least three weeks more in new soil are already six weeks.

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
Pot size looks great considering the size of the plant. Yes, there is a slightly nitrogen deficiency visible. Bottom leafs are brighter than the upper leafs. A good time to repot.

I don't know 'Sour Nightmare Kush', but sounds like indica mostly and something about 8 weeks flowering?
So, three weeks now and at least three weeks more in new soil are already six weeks.

It may finish at 8wks in hydro but probably 9wks in soil. So she will get about 5-6 more weeks. There was no transplant shock by the way.

It may finish at 8wks in hydro but probably 9wks in soil. So she will get about 5-6 more weeks....

What means you will most likely fertilize in 7th week and maybe beginning of 8th week - depending on development. After repotting a plant shouldn't yellow more than she already did. Quality soil should be sufficient for at least next three weeks.

810FireFarm

once i did some testing of flowering some plants with zero nutes in flower, just water only the whole time....the plants got yellow, very yellow, then got burnt and a bit dry....come harvest they looked very very sickly, almost dead.......after a trim and 2 week jar, although definitely weaker and muted....i could still taste and tell what they were.....clearly not proper fresh dank, but surprised me of how 'not garbage' they were

so no matter what it can be salvaged in some way

once i did some testing of flowering some plants with zero nutes in flower, just water only the whole time....the plants got yellow, very yellow, then got burnt and a bit dry....come harvest they looked very very sickly, almost dead.......after a trim and 2 week jar, although definitely weaker and muted....i could still taste and tell what they were.....clearly not proper fresh dank, but surprised me of how 'not garbage' they were

so no matter what it can be salvaged in some way

Astonishing. Did you also repot your plants during flower or did you just not fertilize? Because repotting means fertilizing the plants. And I haven't wrote I don't fertilize at all. I do. But rather less and for some weeks the fresh soil is sufficient.

@mushrombrew
If the plant already got a deficiency, it will not improve. My experience is, the state of the plant gets "freezed" after repotting for some weeks.

Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
If you grow in soil you should do a lot of research into how to make a good soil base and try to source the hard to find stuff even if you import it.

My mix I have been using for about 6 years now:
4/10 coco
3/10 perlite
1/10 black worm castings
2/10 wood chip compost

Amendmended with:
dolomite lime
volcanic rock dust
bone meal
diatomaceous earth (a lot! adds silica)

feed with water + epsom salts for some waterings
feed with aerated compost tea when they need a boost
top dress with lime and worm castings right as they start budding up around week 2-3 flower

works great for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts