What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes that's fine. Lots of bubbles is good. I like to keep the water just below the stems. The bubbles pop and splash the stem. To check just hold your finger there above the water. It should feel like a little mist. They root better if they are not underwater.

I mean soap- like bubbles from the bleach

I asked this before how long should I spray the plant with diluted nutes? I stopped doing it a couple weeks ago. Buds are already developing

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calibration: Just checked this morning: 7.0 was reading 7.2. This is a $20 pH pen, so not too accurate

Happy New Years' Eve

Be safe everybody

mushroombrew

Veteran
If plants are healthy stop foliar feeding. Anytime they look sad spray them.

And yes calibrate once per week. My pen drifts 0.3 per week.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not happy with my clones not rooting and 2 stems stems rotting. I took one more clone (this from the bushy plant). I usually just mix some Kelp and SEA 90 Minerals, but this time I made fresh nutes, a tiny mix of NPK RAW; Kelp, Grow, Enzymes, and Aminos @ ~ 300ppm

mushroombrew

Veteran
Still having problems? What type of cloning solution do you use?

Also do not use stems that are hollow. That big top clone often gets mushy no matter what.

So side branches are usually better.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I always clean my scissors and razor. Before I make cuts. And wash my hands first. With hydroponics working clean is important.

And sterilize the cloner big time. Fungi can stick around. A rinse is not enough.

Ok good luck!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still having problems? What type of cloning solution do you use?

Also do not use stems that are hollow. That big top clone often gets mushy no matter what.

So side branches are usually better.

I always take lower long branches. I never use cloning agents/solutions. Usually have a high success rate

Not that concerned this go-round as both plants are rather short

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Draining the Swamp

Draining the Swamp

Lokie's Law: Now that I have much better control over all aspects of care and feeding, the seeds/plants are small indicas ~ 20"

Time to Drain the Swamp lol

Looks like I haven't changed out nutes since 12/20, so, I am making up fresh nutes to replace the nutes in both rezes

1.5 EC
5.7 pH

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

As you can see, the top leafs under the PRO3 are curled under, whereas the leafs under the 600 are reaching up

Also, due to the CoBs intensity, the PRO3 requires a lot more space above the plant. Currently 17" which may not be enough!

The 600 is 6” above the top

It appears that the plant under the PRO3 is pure indica, whereas the plant under the 600 has some sat as it has more stretch between the nodes, and very minimal side branching

I am thinking to swap the 2 plants (easy to do) just to see whether the curled leafs respond, but wanted you to see a ‘before’ picture

Also, here's my DIY cloner: 2 large cylinder air stones inside a bulk ketchup jug. Below the dome and under the lid is a 3" net pot with the center 1" cut out for the stems to protrude. I can put ice in between the jug and the igloo to keep temps low if needed

View attachment 441061 View attachment 441057 View attachment 441058

View attachment 441059 View attachment 441060

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plant that was moved from the PRO3 to the SPYDR 600 had droopy leafs

whereas the plant leafs under the 600 were reaching for the sky,

In just 2 days since swapping them, the opposite is happening (see comparison pics)

The plant that was droopy under the PRO3 but is now beginning to reach for the sky

and the plant canopy under the PRO3 is now beginning to droop

Thinking the PRO3 CoB intensity could be the problem, I moved the PRO 3 up from 17” above to as high as I can (see picture)

The Pro series CoBs might be too intense for a typical home grower using a 6ft tent. My tents are 7 ft and are almost too short, but I lose 2+ ft to F & D

Already, since raising the Pro 3, the leafs seem to be reaching up

for some reason pictures not loading - I tried 3 times

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Can you guys quit fighting and try and get along?

or I will have to come back and trim more off this thread.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GN, Thank you for returning my thread's sanity

I noticed some primary leafs giving up their stored goodness, so I added more CaMg yesterday

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yesterday, I pollinated one bud on the indica

Last night during lights out, I noticed that the older leafs on the Sat were clawing, in addition to losing their chlorophyll. Yesterday, I added CaMg, so not likely that, but, who knows?

I am guessing the NPK Raw Bloom nutes might not have sufficient N for cannabis

I do have NPK Raw Nitrogen, so this morning I added a heaping 1/4 tsp to each rez

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sat is looking much better today. I pulled out my Ed Rosenthal Growers Handbook to see what the condition might be. Each leaf color picture of metal deficiencies look close to my leafs. Could it be that NPK Bloom is a little deficient in them as well?

Plants are at that stage of budding where they dump shit through their roots, back into the rez. EC was up to almost 2.0 in each rez (up from 1.5 in 24 hours), so I dumped a gallon from each rez and replenished with RO water back to ~1.5EC, then pHed to 5.8; in 24 hours pH riss o ~ 6.1

The Indica is looking real nice, just wish she was 10" taller, but the male that I pollinated her with is: note the white baggie over the pollinated bud

View attachment 442313 View attachment 442314

View attachment 442315 View attachment 442316 View attachment 442317

RockinRobot

1.5 EC is very hot how much lighting are you running?

My plants claw at 1.2EC and I'm running sealed room with CO2 under 600w. You really need to learn to do what has worked for others and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Throw out the crap glass beads and go to hydroton watering 4 times/ day. Keep your temps in line and feed light.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1.5 EC is very hot how much lighting are you running?

My plants claw at 1.2EC and I'm running sealed room with CO2 under 600w. You really need to learn to do what has worked for others and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Throw out the crap glass beads and go to hydroton watering 4 times/ day. Keep your temps in line and feed light.

Thanks. I think you hit the nail on the head . I'll lower EC in both rezes

Both led lights are running ~ 250w directly over each plant

Not using glass beads. I use polished ornamental stones. Unlike hydroton, they are inert = do not break down, plus, they are easy to clean and reuse. Try it, you'll love it

Please, no bitch slapping. I have NEVER seen a nutrient schedule for Bloom
View attachment 442325

Latest posts

Latest posts