What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where does one get DJ Short genetics??

king j

geez i thought DJ supplied DP with genes but then i thought DP mutliplied the amount "working" the strain a bit...
now i have grown some DP genes before and id have to say they certainly werent the same as DJs though i aint grown their versions of DJs, the dutch havin a tendency to make things dutch.
i dont know based on what i see DP aint DJ... though i been wrong before and could be wrong again. tell you a few of their strains are hardly worth growing only a 10 pack.
anyway if you buy them from DP and they are great please share... im sure f2s will be around in a few months though if you got that kind of patience

G

Ive grown DPs blueberry and find it to be a very nice smoke. But i can't compare it to DJs version. Heres a bud i grew from a pack of DPs blueberry.

The high is like they describe. Euphoric and very long lasting high. Taste like berries and smells the ways it taste. Goodluck on whatever breeder you choose. peace

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Sir hazeynugz

Sir hazeynugz

DP still has the same stock.They may or may not be authorized to sell Blueberry.I don't know.I do know that henk made his own seed for sale.DJ provided him 50 seeds of the stage that produces blueberry and Henk was to make his selection from those 50 plants.A male and a female to create his seed.
Theres a ton of speculation as to whether DP's Blueberry is as good as Blueberry that he(DJ) supplies Red at Legends with and most say that DJ's is better and you can see why.As I'm sure DP has more breeding space, DJ has been able to look through this line for some time through the process of growing out fewer plants at a time but a much greater number overall.Plus DP only had 50 seeds to begin with.DJ has probably grown a thousand through the years so you can see where the selection #'s were greater.
I will say that there are some outstanding individuals to be found in DP's Blueberry,but there are many average plants to be found.I recommend planting the whole pack,and 2 if you can afford.
I hope that helped to clear that up.
DJ does make some outstanding hybrids,you can't go wrong with any of it!
Some of the most unique to be had period.Lots of killer Thai used in his selections.
Take care................................CC

EDIT...Sorry guys ,I didn't see the post on the second page.
Hansel,you will be quite happy I'm sure!!

Henk was probably givin the same thing to make flo,Blue Moonshine and Blueberry.So he can't lose the stock,maybe the authorization,but like Zep said,it's advertised that they are the official distributors.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Hazeynugz

Hazeynugz

2 s's in the web name................
legendsseeds.com

TORC

On the pricing of DJ's seeds. DJ uses a broker. Before it was Emery. He sold everything to Emery and he distributed it. Therefore the price that we pay is way more than what DJ receives for them. I seem to remember back when everyone had his seeds in stock, been at least 2 years maybe more, that the prices were fairly similar across the board. Except for Emery of course, his was twice the amount of everyone else's, on top of the fact that he made money selling all of them wholesale. Must be nice, eh. BTW, I also have the Grape Krush that I received from Red at Legends Seeds. Red is a nice guy and will treat you right. My gal, only sprouted 2 beans, is very strong. Looks so far to be very vigorous. :canabis:

Red

Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time
Hey There Folks! Yes we do have all of the old and new DJ stock and yes the price has gone up on the new releases.. These new releases were over 1.5 years in the making at a considerable cost! There is really only a 15$US increase in price. In our humble opinions they are worth it! We have been in contact with Gypsy concerning his order. We are just waiting for a response.

The Wrapper

Red there seems to be a descrepancy with the price of Mountain Jam as it is offered once by DJ and twice by Chimera at different prices.Just a heads up.I'm sure updating the site is not an easy task.I have interest in this strain as well as others and would like to know how much to send you and from which source.

G

I'm excited Red

I want some of the new DJ and SOL strains myself but until now did not trust the distributors of his stuff (except world wide)

Some nice Legends strains as well

Thanks for stopping in Red

Tex

Red

Thanks for the heads up! We've been so busy lately, some things have fallen through the cracks. The Mountain Jam is 80$ Canadian and 70$ U.S. Thanks for the warm welcome! I tried to get on here over the past week or two, but it wouldn't let me in. I think that there is some problem with Vancouver's server as it says that my IP addy has been banned. Others from here as well have had the same problem. I look forward to hanging out here at icmag!

The Wrapper

Sorry about that I was just at your site and the question was fresh on my mind.Welcome.I'm new here too.I have used you in the past and will again soon.You and Gypsy set the standard for customer service and prices in your field of business.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hi Red! Welcome aboard IC Mag

Hi Red! Welcome aboard IC Mag

Yes....it's my understanding from Gypsy that he is in the process of putting an order together now for DJ's genetics with Red, so very soon you will see DJ's seeds offered by Gypsy as a 'buy now' on Seedbay and then also on his new site Seed Boutique when it starts up.

Red....good to see you here at IC Mag. Can't wait to get DJ's strains here. As you can see (but already know :biglaugh: ) there's many folks gardens waiting on these seeds....gonna have to get Gypsy to sit still a minute and finish that order :wink:

:wave:
dg

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Oh, no...........more varieties to choose from. :eek:

I.......must.......resist............ :abduct:

Actually, this is very good news. :D

Red

Thanks for the kind words Dutchgrown. I'm sure that these new releases will be well received. It will be great for Gypsy as he will be the only overseas company that will have them at this point.

JLP

Veteran
Right on Red.

Welcome to IC mag.

I'm looking forward to trying all of DJ's new beans,eventually.
Great news about Gypsy and Seedbay carrying them too.

JLP

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Welcome Welcome

Welcome Welcome

Glad to see you around Red!It's so nice to be able to talk to the people behind the banks.Thats one of the great things about this place,,we can talk to the people behind the scene at Seeds Direct and Seedbay.It really counts a lot in my book.And now the main man from Legends is also stopping in,,way cool and so much appreciated!!
I am happy to hear Gypsy is going to be carrying the beans!!

Great news indeed!
Please keep us informed on newly arriving strains.
Take care...........................CC

Red

Hey everyone, again thanks for all the kind words. You've inspired me to give away 5 free test packs of the the new DJ releases plus a few free Mountain Jams from DJ and Chimera. The first 5 people to e-mail me at red@legendsseds.com will get the freebies! :wave:

G

Well I sent my email in....now I'm champing at the bit! I wonder if I am fortunate enough to be one of those 5? Might pay to be online at 8:30am :D

Red, If I'm in the mix, I'll do them beans proud given the chance :wink:

Have a nice day, and welcome to ICMag!
:wave:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
I tried too

I tried too

But I think my outgoing email is on the blink :confused:
Oh well we will have to wait and see.
But that is too kind of you RED!!!!
First class!
Take care.........................CC

tRuKemist

Right On Red! That's one helluva deal bro...glad to have you around IC! That's a very generous offer and very kind! peace, tRu

Latest posts

Latest posts