What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

redlaser

Veteran
Legalcdn,
I’ve used Pure Blend Pro Gro and Bloom, mostly organic liquid fert, and now use just peat moss, pumice, earthworm castings, kelp meal, crab meal, gypsum, wollastinite, fish bone meal, blood meal, 10%on site topsoil, and forest humus 5%.

Ended up with too much sodium, iron and aluminum with that mix, flushed it heavily and still too high in iron and aluminum, knocked those down by a third though. Salt is good now though.

thanks to the community for the confirmation on HD being solid as morning wood.

I'm in Canada, but have only heard good things from other members in the US when ordering from HD. Not sure about overseas, but shouldn't be any different than dealing with any other sseedbank overseas. People do it everyday, just some points to consider...

-Every time something goes international you increase the risk of a seizure\theft\loss. Sometimes places have replacement policies, other times seedbanks clearly state that you are on your own if it doesn't show up. Not sure about HD...

-I have heard this C-99 is THE C-99 to get if want the old skool phenos. Dad is different now apparently...I'm excited, I have some waiting their turn in the facility. Will update when I pop them, won't be for a few months still tho

-Brad from HD is maybe a one man show? It's not like Amazon where a team of people descends on your order to race it off. The few times I have ordered through him he has kept his word and sent me a tracking number in about 36 hrs...best of luck:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
C99 via HD&Joey weed...
Dono shit bout old vs new.. dont care.
dance013.gif

Popped 8 of 10, 4 germned and dudded, root tip turned black. 2 didnt germ at all. One that I think was a girl (C997) and it hermied (my fault) have cloned it, we'll see. My typical success rate for seeds (if they do their part) is about 85%. Old seed? Maybe, dono. The last two will be popped in November.. I like the way this one looks.. May buy more C99 but did also buy the blueberry that I'd like to start soon too.

The girl pictured here (day14 bloom) has sativa looking leaves and is budding up nicely..

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 16

Happy Times

C99 via HD&Joey weed...
Dono shit bout old vs new.. dont care.View Image

Popped 8 of 10, 4 germned and dudded, root tip turned black. 2 didnt germ at all. One that I think was a girl (C997) and it hermied (my fault) have cloned it, we'll see. My typical success rate for seeds (if they do their part) is about 85%. Old seed? Maybe, dono. The last two will be popped in November.. I like the way this one looks.. May buy more C99 but did also buy the blueberry that I'd like to start soon too.

The girl pictured here (day14 bloom) has sativa looking leaves and is budding up nicely..

Like those big ol sativa-dom looking fam leaves there!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Verry nice!

Verry nice!

Just to keep JW@HD references alive.. Day 35 Bloom
They are stacking nicely. 1st run ever w BG:C99 or any other C99.
Allot of credit goes to 2x 315w CMH unit.. I dont see much indica.
I'll start their blueberry later this year..

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 15

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Just to keep JW@HD references alive.. Day 35 Bloom
They are stacking nicely. 1st run ever w BG:C99 or any other C99.
Allot of credit goes to 2x 315w CMH unit.. I dont see much indica.
I'll start their blueberry later this year..
I quote myself because when I posted the attached pic, I said it was day 35 bloom.. miss read of my excel spread sheet, I was looking at veg days.. I'm not going to do the math but here is that same C99 at, this time correctly at 37 days bloom..

The have no identifiable smell yet, kinda unusual..

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 15

IntotheGreen

Cinderella 99 early harvest - 41 days flower

Cinderella 99 early harvest - 41 days flower

Unfortunately due to extenuating circumstances had to chop a few girls early (luckily managed to set up the other half of the bunch with a friend to finish the last few weeks.) C99 is always a fast finisher, but at a day shy of 6 weeks of 12/12, there was definitely room to put on significant weight yet. Trichome/resin development is near maximal I'd say though even at this point. Bowl pictured below was barely dry enough to smoke at 11:30 but it's almost 3 a.m. now and I'm still up posting on ICMAG so the early reviews are good :rasta:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

IntotheGreen

Thanks Chester!

Toxic here's what I wrote to LT earlier:

She is prototypically Cindy to my nose - tropical fruit smoothie with pineapple dominant, but notes of other citrus and a hint of spice. Her mother was more berry/cough syrup, which was the densest/most resinous of the four females I had that run - a trait this F3 seems to have retained. She was grown in 3.5 gallons of living organic soil, recycled from the previous run with minimal reamendment and watered with molasses and Neptune's 2-3-1 for pretty much the duration. Dual 315 CMH for lighting.

Every JW Cindy I've run has been frosty and delicious, with minor variations in smells and density, but all within the established Cindy wheelhouse. The plants from my recent grows are nearly identical to the ones I first grew in 2007.

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks Chester!

Toxic here's what I wrote to LT earlier:

She is prototypically Cindy to my nose - tropical fruit smoothie with pineapple dominant, but notes of other citrus and a hint of spice. Her mother was more berry/cough syrup, which was the densest/most resinous of the four females I had that run - a trait this F3 seems to have retained. She was grown in 3.5 gallons of living organic soil, recycled from the previous run with minimal reamendment and watered with molasses and Neptune's 2-3-1 for pretty much the duration. Dual 315 CMH for lighting.

Every JW Cindy I've run has been frosty and delicious, with minor variations in smells and density, but all within the established Cindy wheelhouse. The plants from my recent grows are nearly identical to the ones I first grew in 2007.

But is there any sort of sugary sweetness?

IntotheGreen

This one is as sweet to my nose as any Cindy that I've run, but they have all been Joey Weed going back to my first grows 12 years ago, save for one run of the KOS C99, which suffered in poor growing conditions, preventing me from evaluating them fully/fairly. I always have a hard time describing the Cindy smell perfectly, but every time I open the jar or rub the stem, the one thing I am certain of, is that it is unmistakably CINDY.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Not wanting to hijack your thread MtnBdz but heres finished JW C99.
575gr wet, rough trimmed taken at day 51B. Rough guess dry 10+ oz.
2X315CMH start to finish. Citrusy smell & very resinous. :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 15

beanjas

Not wanting to hijack your thread MtnBdz but heres finished JW C99.
575gr wet, rough trimmed taken at day 51B. Rough guess dry 10+ oz.
2X315CMH start to finish. Citrusy smell & very resinous. :woohoo:
So theres 10 branches showing you think theres 28 + on each of those ?

Legalcdn

This one is as sweet to my nose as any Cindy that I've run, but they have all been Joey Weed going back to my first grows 12 years ago, save for one run of the KOS C99, which suffered in poor growing conditions, preventing me from evaluating them fully/fairly. I always have a hard time describing the Cindy smell perfectly, but every time I open the jar or rub the stem, the one thing I am certain of, is that it is unmistakably CINDY.

I grew 3 of the jw c99 F2 last year. I am interested in the smoke report. I find mine is quite good but after 1 hour..the high is reduced.. I liked growing her as the odour was low..no scrubber needed.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I grew 3 of the jw c99 F2 last year. I am interested in the smoke report. I find mine is quite good but after 1 hour..the high is reduced.. I liked growing her as the odor was low..no scrubber needed.
I too took an early bud and it was good but lacked prolongedness.
And yes, very low odor but still the filter in place.
I'll tell ya what I think in a coupla weeks.:tiphat:

Legalcdn

I have 3 seeds left from jw c99 F1. I will run those next year. I will pickup some jw ak47 for later. Might even chuck pollen with jw c99. It does not seem too hard. Looking forward to smoke report. I had a bit of nitrogen toxicity at the end of my 1st jw c99 run. The scent when i break up the bud is sweet with a bit of ripe fruit. It was smooth to smoke.