What's new

whats the deal with these autopots?

B

bongoie

retreived some pics , green pots are 7.5 litre / black are 15 litre cut down u can use any number of autopots with this system , currently i am using 8 each square pot sits in it's own tray fed by a smartvalve . the gold material is root controle fabric / i also have root stop {weed controle} fadric in the pot under the pebbles , this also is covering my experement an air cage remembering i'm using a compost mix so this is not a hydro but an automatic gravity fed , bottom feeding systen

B

bongoie

some more pics .the hoselock battery operated timed valve { although i have found hozelock {{click}}conectors can drip / thinking they need pressure } .. and the pic i never give u last pot = clay peddles in the pot with root controle fabric under them . and the set up in action . hope this helps explain how autopots and smsrtvalves work , cheers bongo:monkeyeat

Last edited:

islander420

Seen em. Think they're made in Hawaii. Basically keeps the lower inch (or 2") soaking in water. Roots get fed thru capillary action of the growing medium. Similar in principle to the Hempy Bucket. I'm running a modified Hempy bucket system, without the drain off and no res changes. Just add water system. It will work, but it can be done much cheaper for diy's.

B

bongoie

hi islander , not hawaii'n , had 2 google capillary ! , yes fed through a tube !!. think the origins of this system are OZstrailian , with water conservation in mind . and thats where u get the 2 pot system connected together. mine are british {UK} http://www.autopot.co.uk/ yes it can b done cheaper /as can most things in life ! thanking u for ur reply and intrest . this system can b controlled tho . it dont leave the roots constantly wet{ soaking} it feeds each plant according to it's needs . roots are bottom fed with the medium wicking . whether it b compost {like mine} or coco {hydro} . good luck with the bucket = gonna investigate that cheers bongo

cheetos

yeah hempy buckets are cool too. But i like these autopots. bongo... organic autopot nice their lookin good. how many 600's you got going on those.

B

bongoie

burning two 600 ATM , started off with a 600MH overlapping into the first two weeks in flower / then changed to HPS / then thought F'it {never tried mixed lighting before } an plugged them both in as it's easier to controle temps in winter time . pictures r from last week an beyond . but will put up here again . i'm using the biobizz range and like experementing {sometimes learning the hard way } and have shooting powder / currently in week 6 of 12/12 so gonna give that a try also . thanks for ur intrest , hope this helps explain how the system works . i will b starting an autopot grow diary in the near future to help others understand the working's of it all . cheers bongo .. edit to add , biobizz esp biobizz veg feed are not the best for this system , have a bubbler{airstone in the 100 litre {25gallon ish } in the water butt , but am finding it a bit to thick , leaving a messy resedue as the level goes down , the answer could b to have a smaller butt .,. not organic cheetos as i belive there are chemicals in my compost mix .

Last edited:
M

MEDI-EVIL

nice setup

nice setup

hi bongo'howz it going nice kit fella..i also grow in autopots..sweet looking plants u have ive just finished a grow 15 plant sog.very easy kit to work.

to easy i spent under 3 hrs this time attending my grow
needles to say im going to try to get that 3 down to 2..

looking forward to ur grow catch you later.:joint:

M.E

B

bongoie

nice 1 ME , another autopot convert , glad to hear ur getting results . it's easy to work with allright , wishing u all the best getting that down to two hours . got some pics taken today

B

bongoie

sorry had this pic a while , the root ball or square in this case . autopots with a 70% compost , pebbles and perlite with a little coco for luck . as said earlier the real benifit of autopots is hands off watering whether it b for lazy , blase or just plain cant tend ur grow . tried and tested in soil .

I'm going to replace my system soon was thinking of changing to auto pot iv Been told there's lots of add ons for the system to improve it tht much more anyone got any information

Latest posts

Latest posts