Veteran
Thanks PCB

Peyote Cookies Then Sugar Black Rose about 6.5 weeks into flower
PC
picture.php

SBR
picture.php

Maple_Flail

I've not heard anything about the higher temp lights for the last week of flower. What does that do?

well you may have heard of it, just not realizing it.

do you know any older growers that would switch to MH in the last few weeks, or just flat out run MH or strong blues through out?

"Metal halide for flowering?
By Ed Rosenthal on February 13, 2003 in canna culture mag"

its a multi fold suggestion, the blue may tame some of the reflowering of a pure sativa, it also may bring out more of a fragrent terp profile, and if you get some UVb in there.. it may help resin production.

genetics, enviroment and hands are all other factors hence the substance use of "MAY"

Spectrum is mainly 2700k..3000k..some 4000k.. i light from bottom with 4000k

Light schedule is 10/14.. so more darkness.
On week 10.. strain varies 9-14w. I have run with 10/14 for 5 weeks.
I will view all top buds tonight.. might run another 3 weeks.. 100% sativa..

if you are already at 10/14 then only give an extra 15 mins darkeness, however you look the better part of 2 or 3 weeks out.

Ace's Gear?

Legalcdn

if you are already at 10/14 then only give an extra 15 mins darkeness, however you look the better part of 2 or 3 weeks out.

Ace's Gear?

Yes..and no for ace..bought at hemp depot.. zam x old timer haze..

Good call on 2/3 weeks..checked last night..25% milky.. will be a treat when done..

Andyo

Veteran
415 v sylvania 1000w 4.2 k metal halides

415 v sylvania 1000w 4.2 k metal halides

well you may have heard of it, just not realizing it.

do you know any older growers that would switch to MH in the last few weeks, or just flat out run MH or strong blues through out?

"Metal halide for flowering?
By Ed Rosenthal on February 13, 2003 in canna culture mag"

its a multi fold suggestion, the blue may tame some of the reflowering of a pure sativa, it also may bring out more of a fragrent terp profile, and if you get some UVb in there.. it may help resin production.

genetics, enviroment and hands are all other factors hence the substance use of "MAY"

Ace's Gear?

I used Metal halides for 20 years best yield 54 shiva in 5 ft x 5 ft
bay was 42 ounces.
I used hps after that era but added 1 x 250w 8.1 k metal halide per 1000w hps to add some blue in same reflector

Now using 8 bar leds .A

Maple_Flail

Yes..and no for ace..bought at hemp depot.. zam x old timer haze..

Good call on 2/3 weeks..checked last night..25% milky.. will be a treat when done..

mmm beanhoarder then.. his gear has been intreguing me for a bit and a massive back log is keeping me from seriously considering his stuff.

run much of his gear? or this is a first run?

PCBuds

Digi-Key is considered an essential service so they get to sell stuff...

LED strip lighting FTW !!
(I have been drinking.)

Im'One

I use the cfls for my mothers and for my rooting clones, then move to a LED arrangement for my rooted clones. The leds will burn them if they are the same distance. I put them up about two foot. I put them cfls right on top of the mothers, but 18 inches away for the baby clones that havent rooted yet.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Digi-Key is considered an essential service so they get to sell stuff...

LED strip lighting FTW !!
(I have been drinking.)

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/zGRmxvjs/20200324-182314.jpg]View Image[/url]

This thread is about SIL's PCB....

I don't even know who you are any more...

Is your name really even Steve...?

You're dead to me.... you're not my ICMBF any more...

haha im just playin, i need to check your thread actually i wanna know more about those strips.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I use the cfls for my mothers and for my rooting clones, then move to a LED arrangement for my rooted clones. The leds will burn them if they are the same distance. I put them up about two foot. I put them cfls right on top of the mothers, but 18 inches away for the baby clones that havent rooted yet.

WORD

I had a hard time rooting clones under even the 8w SIL's. I swaped for two 13w cfl's and that was working much better. My mom is under SIL's though.

Legalcdn , Terpene - thanks fellas ;)

Im'One

My Bubba Hash mom didnt like the LEDs at all. Droopy leaves, was not growing...i put her back under cfls and boom am back in production. I have about four 38 watt 6700 k spirals on top of her and a Romulan Grapefruit mother.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Has anyone used these far-red SILs yet? Anyone have a side by side with the same clone? Looks sick. :)
OSRAM Industrial Grade LED Grow Bulb A19 730nm - Far Red LED

On 5-15 minutes before lights out, and then off between 5 and 15 minutes after lights out. As far as I'm aware, it speeds up maturation times for a quicker harvest, at the cost of yield. Increasing light hours to 14/10 will keep close to original maturation times with a yield increase for many strains. :tiphat:

Attachments

• 41fTz6n7BzL._AC_.jpg
    41fTz6n7BzL._AC_.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 13

Hookahhead

WORD

I had a hard time rooting clones under even the 8w SIL's. I swaped for two 13w cfl's and that was working much better. My mom is under SIL's though.

Legalcdn , Terpene - thanks fellas ;)

After all this time I’m still gaining useful info from this thread!

Recently I’ve had a hard time getting clones to root. I hadn’t changed my technique and normally have very high success rate. I had thought maybe I had been stoned and accidentally compacted my media too much, but the next run was the same. Then I thought maybe it was the heat here as daytime temps are hitting 100 now, but I live in the tropics.. it’s hot year round and it’s never been a problem.

I had some cuttings for almost a month and still no roots. They looked healthy for most of the time, but when it was time to push new growth it was extremely dwarfed, yellow and sickly looking. I tried a light dose of nutrients, which made the problem worse.

Then I read you fellas talking about your problems rooting under the LEDs. I never had issues before, but I did change my clone light around the same time I started having issues. So I put a piece of plain computer paper over the clones. Within 24 hours they looked noticeably healthier. Within 48 hours nearly all of them had roots..

Thanks guys I think we can conclude that LEDs are either the wrong spectrum or too intense for clones. My experiences seem to point to being too intense as I’ve rooted just fine under them before, but under lower light conditions.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Nothing wrong in the spectrum, SILs are too intense for clones, specially if domeless in a typical cloning tents/chamber small sized spaces; even using 8W SILs, individual chip light will be too intense for a cut.

Solution, Hookahhead's method: place translucent paper, translucent plastic or put the domes (stacked?) back on the SILs, whatever lowers light intensity reaching the cuts. Or for those with micro cuts, even use the removed domes to make a "shade" for the cuts.

I rooted my Golden Tiger x Panama cuttings in the same (big) vegging tent where their mom was under 300W of SILs... what I did to lower light intensity was filling only the bottom of a pot with coco, then dip the cuts in, placing the pot under her mom. This way humnidity was better kept, and light intensity reaching the cuts was just a fraction. They rooted (no hormones, nothing, just coco + nute solution diluted with RO) on their own perfectly.

To encourage rooting light levels should be really low... even with CFLs (I use 2x30W on my seedling/cuttings tent), I disconnect one of them, leaving the most worn out on, and place plastic measurement jugs as dome on the cuts to lower light intensity even further.

The moment high intensity hits them, they will be stressed, as they lack roots for proper photosyntesis.

Drop That Sound

Hey HH! Try air layering your next batch of clones.. You can blast them with SILs if you want, and still have around 100% success. In fact, they still seem to veg and stay perky, and I even start training the clones branches before I see roots. Take as big of clones as you want! No need for any propagation equipment at all, just root out your cuts right on a host plant with some medium and plastic wrap, right in your same veg chamber, or somewhere with a few SILs. If your like me, you'll never look back, or try to root out cuttings again. Should be enough info on air layering here on ICMag to get you going :)

Latest posts

Latest posts