What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Luiggi

Hi all,

Thanks @dubi for chiming in, thanks for clarifying it might be some fungus. Anyway, as everything in life it's not a matter of one issue, it is the result of some different factors that join toguether. Happily only one of the 5 autos I grew got this and it is pretty much smokeable. I take out every yellow leave and flavour is quite good. Not even in jars and it smells and tastes as yoghurt. As said I always try to be as much organic and solid as I can because I consider flavour (which is the most important thing for me) to be really affected by the way you fertilize. Even those liquid fertilizer that aim they are organic I can feel they leave som hints in flavour that I don't like. I understand you cannot always go solid if you are growing big planta in small pots.

As another topic, I harvested today the rest of the last auto malawi I was growing. I have already had the chance of smoking both and I can say they both have a pretty good flavour even with no curing. Harvested already some branches because I consider they might be tastier like a week or so before they are already rippen. Actually I found that when you store them for a long time, buds which were not completely rippen at harvest time have a better flavour and high is normally less sleepy.

IMG_20230801_222258.jpg
IMG_20230801_102005.jpg
IMG_20230801_102003.jpg
IMG_20230801_102002.jpg

will try to upload pictures of the more sativa leaning oce it got drought for the next post.

By the way, I am not sure if this is because of the northern lights in it but seems the flavour it is more rounded and sweet.

Love,

Luiggi

Last edited:

Mtshasta

Congrats @Mtshasta on the harvest of your first Auto Malawi x NL plant, the high yielding sativa/indica pheno of appealing fruity terpenes and big dense buds everywhere, such a crazy yield for an auto :D Really impressed with how well both plants did perform, probably the biggest and nicest plants grown in pots of this strain we have seen in this thread, well done ;)

The more sativa leaning is still very healthy and she is going to be in continous reflowerings if conditions remain favourable like previously.

Thanks a lot for joining us on ICMag for sharing your grow and results! 🙌
Thanks Dubai, really appreciate the feedback. Great genetics and thanks for all the hard work you put in so we can enjoy growing these beautiful plants.

Mtshasta

Good morning,
Short update on Pheno #2. She is continuing to slowly fill out and terpenes continue to get stronger. So far she is continuing to stay happy. Included a picture beside a photo period Green Mountain Grape for comparison (GMG on left). Using different nutrients for the GMG (Gaia green) for the first time so learning how to use. Size reference for plants, the top of the garage door is 8 feet. Such enjoyable plants to grow!
Peace and happiness to all!

Attachments

• IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4942.jpeg
    IMG_4942.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_4943.jpeg
    IMG_4943.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4941.jpeg
    IMG_4941.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 169

Luiggi

Amazing plants. which line of nutrients are you using to feed the auto? and how do you water it? does it require more than one watering per day? did you started the second pheno later than the first? it seems quite much behind the another (more than 2 weeks since the other got harvested).

really nice growing.

Love,

Luiggi

Mtshasta

Amazing plants. which line of nutrients are you using to feed the auto? and how do you water it? does it require more than one watering per day? did you started the second pheno later than the first? it seems quite much behind the another (more than 2 weeks since the other got harvested).

really nice growing.

Love,

Luiggi
Hi Luiggi,
The nutrients I use for the auto MxNL are from Greenleaf nutrients, Megacrop 2 Part as the base, Sweet Candy, Microbial mass (bacterial innocculant applied every 2 weeks) and RO water. I usually water in the morning and again in the evening if getting dry. Both plants were germinated at the same time so this pheno is leaning towards the long flowering sativa parent I guess? No issue for me as lots of grow days left and I am thankful to be able watch a sativa plant develop at 49N latitude in western Canada. Love these plants! Vaped some from pheno1 last evening, wow, so delicious and pleasant effect already with hardly any cure. Hope you are enjoying your harvest as well.
Peace

Mtshasta

Pheno 2 Update.
Short update, 2 more weeks have gone by and the colas are slowly filling in. Terpenes for me are strong green carrot tops, fruity, yummy. Weather has been 32-36 C. with strong gusty wind and she is loving it. Looks healthy and happy so another couple weeks I will update again. I did spray with Btk (bacterial caterpillar control) as lots of cabbage moths around her. So far no damage from them. Cross my fingers and onward.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4970.jpeg
    IMG_4970.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162

airplane

Hi Luiggi,
The nutrients I use for the auto MxNL are from Greenleaf nutrients, Megacrop 2 Part as the base, Sweet Candy, Microbial mass (bacterial innocculant applied every 2 weeks) and RO water. I usually water in the morning and again in the evening if getting dry. Both plants were germinated at the same time so this pheno is leaning towards the long flowering sativa parent I guess? No issue for me as lots of grow days left and I am thankful to be able watch a sativa plant develop at 49N latitude in western Canada. Love these plants! Vaped some from pheno1 last evening, wow, so delicious and pleasant effect already with hardly any cure. Hope you are enjoying your harvest as well.
Peace
My yields increased and I had a 5gallon root ball by using Miicrobila Mass - great stuff

Mtshasta

Hi All,
Quick update on pheno 2, she is still going, but I think getting close. She is a massive plant and I am really happy with her. Started flushing August 27 with rainwater with just sweet candy added. Weather is looking sunny and warm for the next couple weeks so I think until I see mold or other issues I will let her keep going. Not sure how I am going to have space to dry her! Oh well, I will just keep going. Photos don't do her justice but here are some pictures. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_5016.jpeg
    IMG_5016.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137

airplane

Hi All,
Quick update on pheno 2, she is still going, but I think getting close. She is a massive plant and I am really happy with her. Started flushing August 27 with rainwater with just sweet candy added. Weather is looking sunny and warm for the next couple weeks so I think until I see mold or other issues I will let her keep going. Not sure how I am going to have space to dry her! Oh well, I will just keep going. Photos don't do her justice but here are some pictures. Cheers!
That's the Auto NL x Malwai - what kind of yields ? - looks impressive - had good yields with some of Ethos's Auto's (3oz' - 3 gallon) any other ace auto's you have run ? 3 month for a landrance strain not bad

Mtshasta

That's the Auto NL x Malwai - what kind of yields ? - looks impressive - had good yields with some of Ethos's Auto's (3oz' - 3 gallon) any other ace auto's you have run ? 3 month for a landrance strain not bad
Hi Airplane,
Yes, this is the auto NL x Malawi. Pheno 1 earlier in this thread which I harvested a while back, was grown in a 5 gal pot and the yield was huge (for me), this plant is much heavier. I haven't run any other Ace auto but I am growing the nl x malawi again next year outdoors as they have done so well and had no issues. Hope that helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm day-by-day reading my way through this entire thread in preparation for ordering some Auto Malawi x NL. Has anyone simultaneously grown Malawi x NL and Auto Zamaldelica indoors? The flowering times look close enough that I could plant them together for a single harvest. Or just plant the Malawi x NL a week earlier than the Zamaldelica.

What I'm more interested in is will they make good tent-mates? Will either overgrow the other when planted closely together? Similar nutrient and water requirements? Anything that would make them a difficult pairing in a single tent?

Thanks for your interest in our autoflowering genetics @Veritas629 much appreciated.

Different autoflowering strains can easily be grown together indoors, easier than with very different photoperiod strains.

Auto Malawi x NL finishes in average taller, needs a bit more feeding and may take 1 week or so more than Auto Zamaldelica. Many growers have grown both strain indoors in the same cycle without any problem.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good morning,
Update on Pheno 1, dried for 10 days and 324g into the cure bag. Really rough trimmed and will continue losing weight as cures but that's the biggest yield for me yet from a plant (my 3rd outdoor grow). Not very good at describing effects or taste but initial samples vaped, it's delicious. Effect for me is very sativa and clear, perfect daytime. Very happy 😀😀

Congrats on the harvest of your first Auto Malawi x NL girl @Mtshasta ;) glad her early smoke reports are positive, with yummy terpenes and clear sativa effects of your taste for day time :yes:

The second, more sativa expression is a monster :D The more sativa expressions can extend the flowering outdoors, while indoors rarely take 1-2 weeks more than average, outdoors is a different thing and environment let express the tropical sativa side of such phenos in a stronger way.

Cannot appreciate well the ripeness of her colas, please post some close up pics of the flowers if you want me to take them a look.

:thank you:

Mtshasta

Congrats on the harvest of your first Auto Malawi x NL girl @Mtshasta ;) glad her early smoke reports are positive, with yummy terpenes and clear sativa effects of your taste for day time :yes:

The second, more sativa expression is a monster :D The more sativa expressions can extend the flowering outdoors, while indoors rarely take 1-2 weeks more than average, outdoors is a different thing and environment let express the tropical sativa side of such phenos in a stronger way.

Cannot appreciate well the ripeness of her colas, please post some close up pics of the flowers if you want me to take them a look.

:thank you:
Thanks Dubi,
Here are some closeups of her flowers. I am sure my environment outside here probably prolonged the flowering. I was also feeding her pretty rich which maybe prolonged flowering? She will get chopped in the next couple of weeks. I am very happy with her.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 119

Mtshasta

Good morning,
Final update on pheno 2, harvested a few weeks back and has been in the cure bags for a while. I got pretty much 2x as pheno 1. Buds aren't as nice visually but are very potent and long lasting sativa effect. The effect for me is slow onset, a clarity of thought and vision, euphoria and energy to get up and get things done. Hard to finish a bowl in the volcano because I want to get moving. Not racy, paranoid or anxiety at all, very clear, positive and clean. The effect can be felt hours later. I really like it and great daytime. It's only going to get better with a long cure. Great genetics from Ace seeds.

Attachments

• IMG_5145.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg
    848.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5146.jpeg
    IMG_5146.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Latest posts