What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ProfessorLefty

Finally broke into this cob of RQS Dance World from last June (6-month cure)

IMG_5077.jpeg

Sticky and chewy, candied orange and spice—perfect for Christmas, lol

Bit of surface mold (moisture meter read ~16%), but this developed some time during the last 3 months (none visible as of September)

CDNINCA

Finally broke into this cob of RQS Dance World from last June (6-month cure)

View attachment 18935130

Sticky and chewy, candied orange and spice—perfect for Christmas, lol

Bit of surface mold (moisture meter read ~16%), but this developed some time during the last 3 months (none visible as of September)
Hey @ProfessorLefty , how was it? Did you try it? Enquiring minds want to know :)

CDNINCA

Okay, after doing routine opening/ airing/ re-vac'ing of the cobs, I thought I'd share this pic of one of them. Love the colors and the aroma is amazing for its young "cob-age". It's was harvested November 12th, and after a few days of drying, it's probably about a month old at this point? Long ways to go, but so far so good! This is the amazing plant that is a cross of Columbian Gold x Mulanje x Dream Latcher (or is that "Catcher"?) that a brother here knows a whole lot about - thanks!
Following the "Pics or it didn't happen" theme here... cheers!
IMG_2407.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Okay, after doing routine opening/ airing/ re-vac'ing of the cobs, I thought I'd share this pic of one of them. Love the colors and the aroma is amazing for its young "cob-age". It's was harvested November 12th, and after a few days of drying, it's probably about a month old at this point? Long ways to go, but so far so good! This is the amazing plant that is a cross of Columbian Gold x Mulanje x Dream Latcher (or is that "Catcher"?) that a brother here knows a whole lot about - thanks!
View attachment 18935820
Brother I just sold my soul to the Devil ha ha.
Not only grown to perfection but on the way to curing to perfection.
Just crazy about the colors and the aroma would be mind blowing I'm sure.
Get ready for the best day of your life when you try it down the track hats off to you my friend.
Masterful work.

CDNINCA

Get ready for the best day of your life when you try it down the track hats off to you my friend.
Masterful work.
Oh my, such kind words I don't deserve! She grew herself!! I'm more than thrilled with how this is going so far, amazing genetics, such a fun/ fruitful process that you have introduced me to (thanks for that!), and I can't wait to give it a go. Yes, patience is my friend here...:)
Thanks to you again, I hope to be able to share some with you someday, that would be spectacular!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
View attachment 18935820
Absolutely stunning!, no other words to describe it.😍

That I'd love to try!

Tangwena

Veteran
Lately I have been using a cob made from the shorter faster flowering pheno of the Mulanje I grow.
All I can say is WoW!
Its trippy as hell and keeps me happy, high and energized all day long on 0.25g.
The cob is from 2021 harvest unsweated and tastes of piney flowers.
Next grow back to this pheno its amazing ha ha.
Dont you just love being able to dial a high and regrow it whenever you want we live a blessed life thats for sure.

ProfessorLefty

Hey @ProfessorLefty , how was it? Did you try it? Enquiring minds want to know :)
It was delicious—literally melted in my mouth.

Strain is Dance World from Royal Queen, billed as a sativa-dominant 1:1 THC::CBD

Not super potent, but .25g chewed creeps up over the course of 3 hours to a a nice cruise that’s both stimulating and anxiety-reducing. Winds down easy into a pleasant drowsiness.

Chewed at 7 this morning, cruising at 10–should be ready for a nap after lunch

ost

Masterful work.
pic where it did happen

Attachments

• bearshit - Copy.jpg
    bearshit - Copy.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 37

Tangwena

Veteran
How long would you say one can store cob cured buds? I mean, before the quality goes down.
As long as you dried them correctly and then vacuum sealed them I haven't found much change over time.
I have cobs that are 5 years old and the only change is that the high gets clearer.
Currently using 2 year old cobs that are way too strong to take anything larger than 1/4 of a gram.

BUT it all depends on the plant material used in the first instance.
Just being cob cured does nothing if the gear used is weak or mild in the first place.
The recipe only works if what you use in the first place is high quality in its effects then it enhances those effects.
I believe weed, hash ect should only be smoked or chewed if it has been aged/cured for at least a year.
Its how the majority of cultures used cannabis for centuries until the "new age thinking" came along and fresh is best became the mantra.
To each his own as they say.

LHC

As long as you dried them correctly and then vacuum sealed them I haven't found much change over time.
I have cobs that are 5 years old and the only change is that the high gets clearer.
Currently using 2 year old cobs that are way too strong to take anything larger than 1/4 of a gram.

BUT it all depends on the plant material used in the first instance.
Just being cob cured does nothing if the gear used is weak or mild in the first place.
The recipe only works if what you use in the first place is high quality in its effects then it enhances those effects.
I believe weed, hash ect should only be smoked or chewed if it has been aged/cured for at least a year.
Its how the majority of cultures used cannabis for centuries until the "new age thinking" came along and fresh is best became the mantra.
To each his own as they say.
Thank you @Tangwena