What's new

Great White (beneficial bacteria)??

TRA1NWRECK

So what are the rules when using Great White? Am I supposed to PH up and down before I add it? Am I supposed to use an air stone for an hour before I feed it to my plants? What are the best ways to use it? Any advice would be appreciated.:tiphat:

Would really depend on what type of system your using..i.e. hydro, soil......but for the most part, I ve used it for years following the direction right on the label.

No, PH up and down does not directly kill bacteria. BUT, keep in mind that the bacteria can only live and prosper in a certain PH range.

Matt Rize

I use great white and a bunch of other inoculants. I like to add it to the reservoir with some molasses, then let that bubble for an hour, then I add my nutes and top feed. More life!

And unless you are using huge amounts of these pH adjusters you should be fine overall.

I add the great white/molasses to un-pHed water (8.0ish), then let that bubble, then add food, then check/adjust pH, then water. Hope that helps a little. peas

Yes, but that may be wasteful. What kind of nutes you run?

I think I add it every other watering....and definitely on transplant day.

TRA1NWRECK

Yes, but that may be wasteful. What kind of nutes you run?

I think I add it every other watering....and definitely on transplant day.

right now in veg I am running house and garden Cocos A & B, and root excel. havent started running drip clean yet. Im about 2 weeks into veg.

According to the H&G sched, you should already be using Drip Clean with every watering (in this case every feeding as that sched is feed, feed, feed).

Root Excel every feeding, yes. Great White every feeding, no. JMO. ;)

Matt Rize

Feeding/Growing Inoculant Products

Feeding/Growing Inoculant Products

My Theory:

If I add great white, or some of these other similar products, to water, with humic and molasses, and l let that bubble, some of these bacteria and/or fungi may reproduce, much like in a traditional tea, increasing my beneficial inoculant counts.

This can be taken to the next step, and I'll say that I can use less of these products, and achieve the same levels of inoculation, by Rizing the populations up with this brew.

Opinions?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
this is my understanding also.
using humic acid and molasses to increase microbe populations in conjunction with ewc tea.
not using gw but same line of thinking, microbial innoculant...

TRA1NWRECK

Right on... So you guys just use the air stone for like an hour prior to topfeed when youre using GW? Because if I run an airstone for more then a couple hours, it starts gunking up my root excel, making my nutes chunky. I know youre not supposed to run an air-pump with my nutes. Something having to do with magnets in the pump or whatever.

I keep my benies bubbling all the time. Organism, superthrive, sucrat, and floralicious + get added every few weeks and the culture continues to thrive. when i use some, i replace it with RO water. Why keep buying them when you can grow your own?

Also this is a killer foilar.

Matt Rize

this is my understanding also.
using humic acid and molasses to increase microbe populations in conjunction with ewc tea.
not using gw but same line of thinking, microbial innoculant...

I keep my benies bubbling all the time. Organism, superthrive, sucrat, and floralicious + get added every few weeks and the culture continues to thrive. when i use some, i replace it with RO water. Why keep buying them when you can grow your own?

Also this is a killer foilar.

I got so much shit in the organics soil forum for doing this... those guys have no clue about what we do.

On to GW and other inoculants as a foliar (which certain old timers find "idiotic", too bad they are so ignorant). After I sealed my room, I stopped using neem, and just use these inoculants as a foliar. It keeps the PM away, which is all I have to worry about here.

post edit: what is sucrat? ...sucanant? and the flora+ is not organic...NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT (ala seinfeld's "gay" episode)

and desertsqurl: i live in an area with occasional water restrictions so choose to not go RO, but that is some clean water you are using. you are way ahead of the curve already.

TRA1NWRECK

I got so much shit in the organics soil forum for doing this... those guys have no clue about what we do.

On to GW and other inoculants as a foliar (which certain old timers find "idiotic", too bad they are so ignorant). After I sealed my room, I stopped using neem, and just use these inoculants as a foliar. It keeps the PM away, which is all I have to worry about here.

post edit: what is sucrat? ...sucanant? and the flora+ is not organic...NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT (ala seinfeld's "gay" episode)

and desertsqurl: i live in an area with occasional water restrictions so choose to not go RO, but that is some clean water you are using. you are way ahead of the curve already.

is it ok to use an air stone with my H&G nutes? even though they sort of gunk up on the stone?

Maybe its Sucanant, i use what ever raw dried organic pure pressed cane sugar i have around. I like the kind that smells just like molasses. It seems to do the same thing and be easyer on the rezz.

And your spot on about he PM, the benies build up natural defences on the leaves similar to how they do on the roots.

I run airstones in anything and everything. Just remember the O2 will speed up organic reactions in the rezz.

Foliar

Foliar

When using as a foliar do you add a wetting agent? And what is the latest into flowering that you have used it?
Thanks!!!

Matt Rize

reply to greenlabel

reply to greenlabel

When using as a foliar do you add a wetting agent? And what is the latest into flowering that you have used it?
Thanks!!!

yes, use i use a wetting agent.

about three weeks into flower, depending on total flower cycle length.

this new inoculant i am sampling has foliar directions on it. as do many other inoculant products. and the soil organic guys also foliar with AACTs, but think that our inoculants are BS. Little do they know, practically the same thing!

Latest posts

Latest posts