What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Looking for recommends on stuff worth watching. Just watched a series on netflix The Bodyguard, It was pretty good, not great but worth the watch.

St. Phatty

Life, the Movie, was good, sci-fi.

Among cop shows, I thought "Bones" was good.

"Person of Interest" has interesting Computer Graphics and sort of uses surveillance as a base story line.

"Breaking Bad", "Sons of Anarchy", and "The Closer" I thought were all classics in their Genre, AND they had good endings.

"Heroes" was good, I like the kids with the special electronics abilities. Now they could rig a Lottery machine or slot machine.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Prime
Marvelous Mrs. Maziel (comedy)
Jack Ryan (action)
Sneaky Pete (drama)

Netflix
Gomorrah (mafia drama)
Narcos (cartel drama)
Dark (strange dark drama)
Stranger Things (strange dark drama)
Altered Carbon (futuristic sci-fi action)
Travelers (sci-fi drama)
The Last Kingdom (medieval action drama)
Daredevil (superhero action drama)
Luther (crime drama)
Halt and Catch Fire (80’s based drama)
Marco Polo (action drama)
Ozarks (crime drama)

I give all of those titles 4 to 5 stars

I watch A LOT of tv/movies! Lmao! I pretty much have a home theater in the upstairs of my house. :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Prime
Marvelous Mrs. Maziel (comedy)
Jack Ryan (action)
Sneaky Pete (drama)

Netflix
Gomorrah (mafia drama)
Narcos (cartel drama)
Dark (strange dark drama)
Stranger Things (strange dark drama)
Altered Carbon (futuristic sci-fi action)
Travelers (sci-fi drama)
The Last Kingdom (medieval action drama)
Daredevil (superhero action drama)
Luther (crime drama)
Halt and Catch Fire (80’s based drama)
Marco Polo (action drama)
Ozarks (crime drama)

I give all of those titles 4 to 5 stars

I watch A LOT of tv/movies! Lmao! I pretty much have a home theater in the upstairs of my house. :tiphat:

THANKS !!! :tiphat:

Added a bunch to my Netflix Q.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
THANKS !!! :tiphat:

Added a bunch to my Netflix Q.

Me too. Thanks.

I've seen about half of them and all were good.

Just started a new one on Netflix, MindHunter. It's set on the mid 70s and goes into how the FBI began profiling. True story and inline with recommends.

Doing the home theater thing too. AppleTV 4K with youtubetv, netflix, prime, pandora ad youtube. Surround with Yamaha and Martin Logan.

The 4K content like Jack Ryan and Mrs. Maisel is really good.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I am on Prime, "The marvelous Mrs. Maisel" is great, just watching "Sneaky Pete", also good. "Goliath" with Billy Bob Thornton is good. "The Terror" was also good. Yesterday we were watchin "I,Tonya" it´s a movie.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If you are up for action more than the drama/romance - then check out the new 'Tomb Raider' movie - some good fast scenes in that.

W

Water-

"Cave of Forgotten Dreams"

about the paleolithic cave paintings at Chauvet cave in France.

directed by Werner Herzog.

Awesome images!

on netflix

St. Phatty

If you are up for action more than the drama/romance - then check out the new 'Tomb Raider' movie - some good fast scenes in that.

Either one. Action, drama/romance, they're all good.

Mainly, just characters that you care about, and fully warped humor doesn't hurt.

3 of the ones I recommended, someone else recommended to me.

Since we talk about serious stuff in some of the threads, and some of that is a simple reaction to the day's news, it's always nice to have some mindless or gripping entertainment to help our brains forget about all the serious shite.

I think the dissolving bathtub scene in the 2nd or 3rd episode of Breaking Bad is right up there with the best of Monty Python.

I'd like to see a cop show where the cops have a bong in their desk.

Americangrower

Veteran
I don't know if I can say this and keep my man card but

Orange is the new black

oh and of course
Breaking bad
Dexter
if you haven't seen them all

Mr.Miner

On Netflix, check out 'Godless'. It's an incredible Western. Really great.

On Prime, check out the movie 'Ex Machina' if you have not already. Fantastic film about AI. Great story line, drama, surprises, etc. I loved it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhh .....if'n ya like Westerns then I would surely recommend 'The Ballad of Buster Scrugs' - its like a book of short, but poignant stories - in film.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
"Cave of Forgotten Dreams"

about the paleolithic cave paintings at Chauvet cave in France.

directed by Werner Herzog.

Awesome images!

on netflix

I love the work of Werner Herzog. His early german movies with Klaus Kinski are unforgetable! His actual work in the USA is very good also and I love his german accent.:)

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I am not a great Horror fan but I´ve got 5 Seasons from "American Horrorstory" (and I don´t mean Trump :biggrin:), is it worth to watch?

What do you think?

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Better call saul
The haunting of hill house
Westworld
The man on the high castle
Castle rock
Snowfall
The americans
Fortitude
Kidding

.. If you have hbo, "sharp objects" it's a good one... Similar to "true detective"..

Breadwizard

Another good one on prime is "the Expanse." Day after tomorrow sci fi where humans have begun to colonize the solar system, and the politics of the developing factions of different planets plays out. Damn good.