What's new

400w Critical Kush and Hazey Dazy(SSHxBB)

Hello everyone! This is my first grow journal so just a little background information on one of my strains.

Years ago I was gifted a cutting of Super Silver Haze from a 97 or 98 GHS release. It was an amazing plant! What really had me sold on her was her potency. My first time smoking her, I experienced an extreme case of paranoia. After the initial scare, it was an amazing soaring high! I never got the paranoia from her again but the high was always consistent with no ceiling. I smoked pounds of this ssh over a 4 year period without getting tired of her. I ended up pollinating a clone of this SSH with pollen from an exceptional male of DJ Short's Blueberry I selected out 7 potential suitors for his tight node spacing and surprisingly strong scent.

The goal was to get a keeper that maintains the potency of the SSH with a faster flowering time. Due to unforseen circumstances. I had to abandon that garden...

Fast forward about 8 years. My wife finds a jar with 60 seeds from that pollination that I completely forgot about due to just wanting to forget what happened. I had popped 50 seeds and everything was either male or hermie so I basically gave up until wifey once again comes into the picture. She germed a seed, it popped, i grew it out and it was a girl but not just any girl. She had 3 bladed leaves until she reached about 8 inches, then she started throwing 5 bladed leaves but kept 3 bladed leaves on the lower parts of the plant. I took a clone and she exhibited those same exact signs on the leaves. We flowered her and she finished in 64 days with THE DENSEST nugs I have ever seen in my life. Covered in greasy trichomes, with a very unique Onion/Fruit/Catpiss smell. Her finished flowers while dry are very resinous and almost greasy. She had a very sweet taste on the inhale with onion on the exhale. After smoking a bowl, my house smells like burining onions! And to top it all off she kills the regular abdominal pains and nausea I get from my crohns. She is a true keeper. The name Hazey Dazy, I let my wife name it, because let's face it, I never would've had it if it weren't for her.

Here is the Hazy Dazy mom I am growing out
picture.php

If you look toward the bottom you'll see the 3 bladed leaves

Here is a mother I am growing of my OG Dom Critical Kush
picture.php

The Hazey Dazy I ran before was given absolutely no training at all. Just left alone in a 3 gallon pot with only a 3 week veg and she yielded 19 grams of some amazing medicine. Later this week I'll be cutting 2 clones of the Hazey Dazy for my first 2016 run which i'll be mainlining for multiple tops so I can see what she really has the potential to yield.

In veg I am currently using Sensi Grow A & B with AN Vodoo Juice and B-52. I'm looking for a recommendation on which bloom food I should use. I have AN Jungle Juice, Sensi Bloom, and Iguana Juice.

All help and feedback is appreciated!!!

picture.php

Forgot to add some notes I've been keeping.

11-30
Hazey Dazy 6.5"
Critical Kush 6.5"

12-2
Hazey Dazy 6.75"
Critical Kush 7"
Started lateral growth

12-4
Hazey Dazy 7.75"
Critical Kush 7.75"
More lateral growth

12-7
Hazey Dazy 8.5"
Critical Kush 9.75"
Tight node spacing on both. Critical Kush exploded up and out

12-11
Hazey Dazy 10"
Critical Kush 10.25"
Transplanted to 3gal smart pots

Quick update. They got fed today and measured. I'll be taking 3 or 4 cuttings of Hazey Dazy tomorrow for my first run of the new year. They're all looking great imo

12-17
Hazey Dazy 12.5"
Critical Kush 13.75"

And some pics

Hazey Dazy
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Critical Kush
picture.php

picture.php

100+ views and no reply???

Oh well I have another update

Still haven't taken my cuttings yet,I need to get a new dome to root them in. Big growth the last few days

Hazey Dazy is at 15.5" today
Critical Kush is at 17.25"

Hopefully I get a chance to go pick up a dome today so I can take cuttings tomorrow morning. The vigor on Hazey Dazy is amaazing me. While she may not be growing in height as fast as CK, she is definately producing more branches. She also seems to really be responding well to a moderate pruning once a week. Last time, she was just let go with no training methods whatsoever. Once I root some cuttings I'll be growing them to about 15" before topping each branch and doing some tying. I really want to see what Hazey Dazy is capable of producing. My bathroom smells like onions after the pruning lol.

Some pics

Hazey Dazy
picture.php

picture.php

Critical Kush
picture.php

picture.php

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

Still haven't taken my cuttings yet,I need to get a new dome to root them in. Big growth the last few days

Hopefully I get a chance to go pick up a dome today so I can take cuttings tomorrow morning. The vigor on Hazey Dazy is amaazing me. While she may not be growing in height as fast as CK, she is definately producing more branches. She also seems to really be responding well to a moderate pruning once a week. Last time, she was just let go with no training methods whatsoever. Once I root some cuttings I'll be growing them to about 15" before topping each branch and doing some tying. I really want to see what Hazey Dazy is capable of producing. My bathroom smells like onions after the pruning lol.

Some pics

Hazey Dazy
View Image
View Image

Critical Kush
View Image
View Image

Those are looking real good. Pulling up a chair to watch this through. It will take some time before you get people to post. I don't get it either. I have posted asking for advice and see multiple people look at it and never respond . If you have any questions that I may help with I will be glad to give any advice if I have it.

I use an jungle juice for coco anf I have had good results so far. Been adding big bud for coco and b 52. I am at day 36 of flower and they look pretty good so far.

Thanks for the input ganjagrower! This will be my 4th run with the jungle juice. I use it along with b 52, voodoo juice, big bud and overdrive. My last run I also used bud candy but this time I'm staying away from it.

I do have something I'd like to ask you though. After my clones root and I run them I plan on doing a SOG with Hazey Dazy. The first run with her neglected and untopped she actually yielded good. I was thing of doing 12 to 15 in my tent which is 4x2 and 5.5 feet high. What size pots should I use and would it be fine running it with soil if I set up an irrigation system in there. I currently hand water. I've never experienced with SOG before

Time for an update. I took 4 Hazey Dazy cuttings yesterday. Going to pick the best 3 for this run to really experiment with her. #1 will grow uptopped and only pruned once before the flip. #2 will be topped multiple times along with some LST and #3 will be mainlined to 8-10 tops.

After this run I'll be doing an SOG run of the Hazey Dazy with 15. I have a feeling SOG is the way to go with her but I want to cross these techs off the list first.

Here are the cuttings
picture.php

Hazey Dazy grew to 16.5" (She slows for a week when I prune her, taking that into consideration for the next run)
picture.php

picture.php

Critical Kush is now at 19.5"(Pruning doesn't affect her at all in veg from my experience so far)
picture.php

picture.php

Does anyone viewing this have any experience running Blueberry or Super Silver Haze in SOG? If so, I am really interested in your input

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Thanks for the input ganjagrower! This will be my 4th run with the jungle juice. I use it along with b 52, voodoo juice, big bud and overdrive. My last run I also used bud candy but this time I'm staying away from it.

I do have something I'd like to ask you though. After my clones root and I run them I plan on doing a SOG with Hazey Dazy. The first run with her neglected and untopped she actually yielded good. I was thing of doing 12 to 15 in my tent which is 4x2 and 5.5 feet high. What size pots should I use and would it be fine running it with soil if I set up an irrigation system in there. I currently hand water. I've never experienced with SOG before

It's hard to say what size would be good to go with. I am using 1 gallon pots. I don't know how much smaller you would want to go.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
SOG

SOG

Does anyone viewing this have any experience running Blueberry or Super Silver Haze in SOG? If so, I am really interested in your input

IDK but those plants look really good. Im thinking of doing a really tight sog with something leggy like that too. GSC? I bet those, there would make a great SCROG candidate too!

IDK but those plants look really good. Im thinking of doing a really tight sog with something leggy like that too. GSC? I bet those, there would make a great SCROG candidate too!

I've never ran a cookie cut but HD seems to have similar bud structure in flower

If I was running just critical Kush. The SCROG would be a definite with her thin stems and really heavy buds. This pheno of ck is definitely a yielder.

The Hazey Dazy on the other hand, has pretty thick and sturdy stems that had no problem supporting her super dense buds. I definitely thought the main cola would topple. It was about 10" and hard as a rock. The main reason I think she would do well in SOG. She grows one huge cola with some nugs on the lower part. Another reason I'm running all these experiments with her right now and a back cross is definitely in her future

It's hard to say what size would be good to go with. I am using 1 gallon pots. I don't know how much smaller you would want to go.

I'll most likely go with the 1gal and do between 10-15. I just want to be able to pull a yield good enough to last me and the wife through the next run. Im still pretty much getting used to working in small spots. Right now I can easily pull 4 zips in my tent with a 400w light. But after making hash for my stomach pain I'm left with a zip and that just doesn't last. I want to be able to pull 8 zips which would be perfect to last me a full run

chronosync

Well-stoned member
SOG

SOG

my tent is the same size almost. only 5' tall. running 400w MH/HPS. i also plan on doing something like a SOG next. im thinking (8) 2gal pots. coco DTW. 1 Plant/sqf. topped twice. 4 colas/plant. Grow them straight up and 12/12 when they are tall enough. I have a GSC clone that looks legit....... sea of cookies? im tempted to put 32 plants in there and see what the hell happens....

right now im doing 3 bush style plants in 3Gal pots coco. think i will be lucky with 4-6 zips. hoping for .5/w but...... they just diddnt stretch like i thought they would.

what are you planning on growing in? im interested to see what you do.

i have a few strains cloned out and ready to go but im tempted to jump the gun and start messing with stretchy plants too.

TheScrogFrog

I love my 400w.

My fav configuration was 4 plants(topped), each in a 3 gallon grow bag, a few weeks veg was kind of the sweet spot for me. Always got 3-4oz each per plant. Also did a single plant under a 400w that yielded 10oz. I did once run like 18 different strains from seed, each in 1gal grow bags in a 3'x3' and that ended up around 12oz total. It was a bit hectic in there but was do-able. Might fire her back up soon!

Nice looking plants, i'll tag along!

my tent is the same size almost. only 5' tall. running 400w MH/HPS. i also plan on doing something like a SOG next. im thinking (8) 2gal pots. coco DTW. 1 Plant/sqf. topped twice. 4 colas/plant. Grow them straight up and 12/12 when they are tall enough. I have a GSC clone that looks legit....... sea of cookies? im tempted to put 32 plants in there and see what the hell happens....

right now im doing 3 bush style plants in 3Gal pots coco. think i will be lucky with 4-6 zips. hoping for .5/w but...... they just diddnt stretch like i thought they would.

what are you planning on growing in? im interested to see what you do.

i have a few strains cloned out and ready to go but im tempted to jump the gun and start messing with stretchy plants too.

3 Bush style plants in 3 gal smart pots with soil is what I usually do. Just haven't ran the HD that way yet. My last run I had my CK's yield well in that bush style but when I received my cuts, they were clearly stressed and very lanky. I ended up getting 47 to 60 grams on each of them before taking a cutting for a new mom. The Ck I've been showing in this thread looks so much better than the cuts I got by leaps and bounds. I just kept the pheno I preferred, the other ck pheno was just garbage, very airy buds, barely any smell and no taste. The one however is OG through and through.

My yields were shit before when I had Jack The Ripper. She vegged slow, always yellowed in veg no matter what I did, flowered very slowly and while she was extremely frosty, she never really packed on any density and her potency just wasn't there, didn't get me stoned, didn't relieve my pain, didn't even relax me.

I love my 400w.

My fav configuration was 4 plants(topped), each in a 3 gallon grow bag, a few weeks veg was kind of the sweet spot for me. Always got 3-4oz each per plant. Also did a single plant under a 400w that yielded 10oz. I did once run like 18 different strains from seed, each in 1gal grow bags in a 3'x3' and that ended up around 12oz total. It was a bit hectic in there but was do-able. Might fire her back up soon!

Nice looking plants, i'll tag along!

Wow ScrogFrog! 3-4oz each? How big was your space. I'd kill for that yield in my tent lol. I think if I were to run a single critical kush under my 400, topped and trained properly I could easily pull 6-7oz.

I figured it would be hectic. Especially since my method of watering involves carrying them to the bathroom and hand watering and draining in the tub, always a good amount of cleaning after every watering. This time however I picked up a couple of irrigation kits and I'm going to set it up so that I just bring my res bucket to the room, plug in the pump and drain into another bucket. I just won't go straight hydro because I prefer the flavor and potency I get growing in my own soil recipe

It looks like i'll be doing my SOG sooner rather than later. 12oz is impressive to me. I'd be happy to pull 8-9oz when I try this. I just ordered 12 1gal grow bags and i'm shopping for a flood table right now.

TheScrogFrog

it was 3' x 3' Royal. I still have the setup, need to bring it back to life. I just ran simple KISS method with pro-mix and always got 10-12oz. I was actually hoping to hit 1lb on it at some point. I think with the right strain it could be done.

good luck!

I got my flood table today. Picking up a bigger dome tomorrow to take the rest of the cuttings and gonna be looking at irrigation kits while I'm out. So excited to finally try out SOG

Update:

Today they got fed and measured. Hazey Dazy is at 20.5" while Critical Kush shot up to 24.5". I took 9 more cuttings of HD and 3 CK so with these and the other 4 I have rooting, I'll be selecting the best 12 for my first SOG. I'll post some pics when I get some time to myself tonight

Dr.King

Veteran

Didn't even notice your thread man. There are so many nowadays but glad I came a crossed it. Pretty cool how you have someone in your life such as your wife that can keep you wanting to do what you really want to do and backs you up even after things go wrong :tiphat:. You defiantly got it right letting her name it, got some big points for that one I bet "wink" "wink" :biggrin:.

it was 3' x 3' Royal. I still have the setup, need to bring it back to life. I just ran simple KISS method with pro-mix and always got 10-12oz. I was actually hoping to hit 1lb on it at some point. I think with the right strain it could be done.

good luck!

12 oz's is pretty good for that size of room. Just keep with it and things will only get better from here on out. I too am running 400 watt systems but in a bigger tents. 5' x 5' x 7' and am up to pulling 2 pounds with my keeper strain. Hoping to hit 3 pds next round as I messed up a few things last harvest. Best of luck to all.

Update:

2 of the original 4 cuttings have already rooted. I expect to see roots on the other 2 by tomorrow and the rest hopefully by next weekend. I also have some pictures I took 3 days ago

Here is Hazey Dazy
picture.php

picture.php

and here is the tent view
picture.php

I'm gonna go through my camera so I can seperate the best flowering shots from Hazey Dazy last run for comparison when I start this one