What's new

I got better quality cannabis and better service in the black market

Bobbles

Funny how things change. Circa 2000 to 2006 ish. I was able to get some of the finest cannabis money can buy. Fast forward to modern day, Ive never seen so much half asses grown, non cured, over fertilized, poor customer service as I see today. Trying to get someone out of bed for $200 bucks is like pulling teeth and even if you do you receive some stale, old, horribly mislabeled product.

Awhile back on this site, there were a few that warned that if we legalized it would lead to nothing good, I use to argue with those folks, in hindsight they were spot on.

The Cannabis industry has gone to pot. Horribly grown, old, stale, non cured, garbage. Maybe in Colorado its different but from what I see, this is a nightmare.

I hope one day it becomes legal and people who love the plant start growing it again, sharing clones, and overall just trying to produce the best Cannabis they can.

Who woulda thunk it. Black Market > Legal Market by a large, large margin.

Also now everyone is a bitch, if you dont have a med card they are too scared to make a deal.

Crazy times. Best Cannabis Ive ever expirenced was circa 2000 ish to 2006 ish... The strains coming out of cali were insane. The tastes, the variation in high, the care and manicuring.

Peace.

At least its easy to sell quality stuff because of it

I agree with you though Ive seen a lot of garbage. Some places are on point though.

Bubbamaniac

I was visiting some friends in the Midwest, and boy let me tell you we were in a state which has no legality at all, and the weed was FIRE! I paid 300$ dollars for an ounce of Chem 4 and it was the real thing and boy was it ever nice! Looking at some shops out west and what they want for crap that 300$ was well spent after seeing and smelling the buds I didn't even question it I paid the piper and smiled and said thank you with great appreciation!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Why isn't there better weed in legal states? It seems like there would be a lot of competition for the big cannabis bucks.

Is it possible that one reason might be smaller profit margins than in the black market?

T

thesloppy

My experience is both the same & opposite, here in Portland. The legal selection here is great, you'll find no shortage of personable & helpful folks willing to take your money for quality weed, and the prices on the average are better than the $320/oz standard I was seemingly paying from the '90s thru the 2010s. Some places certainly have trash and/or good genetics grown poorly, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

All that said, the legal market is only driving the black/gray market prices down, and I can still find the same quality at much better prices from that route, so I'm still kind of in agreement with you...but I'd be more than happy to have to rely on the legal weed here, if it ever came to that (God forbid. Knock on wood.)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Why isn't there better weed in legal states? It seems like there would be a lot of competition for the big cannabis bucks.

Is it possible that one reason might be smaller profit margins than in the black market?

My guess is BIG money buys in, they dominate the market then they all lower the bar at the same time, so your only choice is crap or crappier for the same price across the board.

Maximizing profits while minimizing quality.

I mean they fill a certain void, they should be basically filling in the beasters and regs market, theoretically there should always be a market for the high end.

If people don't find the high end at their legal weed store, they would probably seek it out if they want it bad enough.

I think the best thing they could do is open the market up to everyone just like the Boon for cali when there was all of that private caregiving, let the little guy compete against the big guy in an open market.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Medical dispen out here in South California has some nice pot and people who already have experience growing pot.Since Becoming Legal last year,it took me about 5 dispen to find a nice home and place according to prices and how the budtenders handle the weed.I ONLY ran into pot at 1 Dep that was like growing out in the wild and sativish looking.It was New so the Owners probably had to buy that medicated pot to get off the ground.

I think Pot has got better.If running into bad pot,then its probably a new grower.You have a choice.Pot has gotten alot better and less fruity from what I've used to grow.

In 2000-2006 were good years to have grown.Bog/Rez/SOL/Nirvana/DJ Shorts/White Label/G13.

Some strains are hughly popular that it takes some popular strains off the market in case of the C99 and the Sour Diesel( (From over-saturating a genetic line)..The SD came out and the C99 went into hiding,only to appear now as Pineapple Express in some places.
Sour Diesel had a nice run so it really depends on who you know on better strains and the look,smell of better quality buds.If running into bad weed,then move on or find another place.

If you think by hindsight that Humbolt people thinks they have better weed,then a novice can Grow a BOG strain and its all in the genetics and the seed is an F2 when someone can refine to their own likings ( F4,F5) and it would blast the doors off the Humbolt strains.

If You SEE or SMELL BAD WEED,LET THEM KNOW.
You're the Expert Bro.:tiphat:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Before legality the primary reason people worked with weed was because they were more passionate about it and the relief it brought that the pressure of illegality.

Back in the day working 1000 grams of powder made dudes 10s of thousands of dollars a weekend while the risk was close to equivalent for growing a few lights worth of weed which took months and made no more than a weekend of working powder at a strip club.

Once it became legal all the fucking pussy faces who didn't have the conviction and balls to put it on the line for passion came running for a quick buck. NFN it didn't become legal because generations of Americans complied, but I expect it since most people are too weak to be anything but slaves to their own desires, and America hard sells everyone on being a slave to their own desires because consumerism thrives through that type of ignorance.

Counter intuitive to the experience and relationship I have with the plant but as with all things ymmv.

I think some of the problem is you have a whole newer market of social smokers and people who haven't smoked outta fear. They can smoke the shwaggest of the shwag and get super high. Many of the peolple in legal states that were already cannabis users haven't switched to the legal market.

Go on any review sites and you'll see most disp.have 4 to 5 stars. You'll see people rating the budtenders but not the bud. When they do rate the bud, almost all say its high quality for most of the hundreds of legal disp. IMO, who cares if the staff is nice if the have good quality.

Betterhaff

Veteran
My experience with legal weed in CO has been limited but to me all I see in Rec dispensaries is so so at best. I would imagine a lot of the business being done there is to tourists or people that are new to the experience, as mentioned before. They will pay for it and not have any clue what is supposed to be good or bad but it works for them and they are satisfied.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
This place I go to has Sour Diesel ( but it renames as its own housestrain) and I have grown SD IBL back when seeddirect also had SourQueen.2005-2007 I think.SD IBL carries a specific high.It takes one to have a certain palete or you are a connoisseur if you can taste a certain strain.Now SD IBL isn't the best pot but Another example is PineApple Express is becoming a popular strain down here and if can put a history together,one can taste that Pineapple express is C99.

On the other hand,if you can grow better pot and then maybe show
them an ounce of your strain if its clean,burning,pure,fresh,awe-some,tasty,healthy,strong pot.

Stick your nose into more jars.And more jars.Get that Bomb Bud!

Check out Weedmaps.com ...South California.

floralheart

Veteran
all the reasons the OP listed are why i was proud I grew my own... same rules apply today, nothing has changed but the slogans

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Just like anything else in life. You get what u pay for.
Go to Mic Dees pay for 1/4 lb burgers n extra pickles and u get a better Big Mac..

@jellyfish?? How do you expect a stage four cancer patient to "grow their own" ???

doob

I don't agree over here, you should see some of the stuff which gets sold easily in the UK, there is no chance it would get worse if legal here

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
why when the dispos advertise for bud tenders they want the young ladies?
Ever ask your local bud tender how that strain she slinging was grown? Where it came from, etc.
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts