What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unofficial Glossary for New Growers

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
RW : rockwool
slabs : 1 meter slab of medium (rw or coco)
GPH :gallons per hour
pm: powdery mildew

great idea Nite Tiger :yes:

G

CoCo

Coco Peat - also known as coir pith or coir dust, is a byproduct of extracting fibres from the husk of a coconut. Coco peat is the binding material that comes from the fibre portion of the coconut husk.

Coir Fiber - a coarse fibre extracted from the fibrous outer shell of a coconut.

Big difference between the two types of coco..

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
IBL usually refers to In-Bred Line, referring to a strain that has been back crossed repeatedly to stabilize certain expressions within the strain. I left it out of here because I felt breeder's terms were a bit much for a new grower :D

WhoAmI?

Great thread! Here's a couple that I didn't see, BX and even perhaps listing abreviations for nutrient companies such as AN, GH, PBP, etc.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Glad you liked it Who!

I did think about putting the Nute Brand abbreviations, but I had visions of some poor new grower thinking he needed all of that and nuking his plants. Plus, I don't want to seem like some kind of endorsement of one product over the other.

As far as BX, if you're referring to Backcross, would be breeder terminology and a bit more advanced than this guide was designed for.