What's new

temp

mowood3479

Veteran
Depends where is that temp being taken?
Leaf temp directly under the light, I’d say it was ok. I prefer a couple degrees cooler
But if it was out of direct light in corner of room I’d be concerned about actual leaf temp directely under light..
Can vary +/- 8+degrees in my room

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I follow a different philosophy. Since some terpenes begin vaporizing at around 70F, I do my best to keep my canopy temps at 68F. Since I also want transpiration rates to stay high, my ideal RH is around 20.

Does it grow lots of tropical plant matter? No. Does it produce extremely trichome dense, and terpene/oil rich cannabis? Oh yeah. ;)

troutman

Seed Whore
It's not excessive. Just make sure the plants have enough water and nutrients. :tiphat:

If you can, do increase venting from the top of the tent.

dddaver

Veteran
I have a remote thermometer hanging right at canopy level.

I duct in fresh air from outside. Comes into the bottom back of the tent. Outside air temp gets in the 90s everyday down here in FL. But I keep the house at 76F all the time. Humidity is always crazy high down here too. I am ducting out with a 4" inline out a vent near the top. The vents all have double adjustable tubes for the ducts and light cords. I closed the intake vent down to about 2" to create that negative pressure. Works like a champ.

But I think the intake temp is getting so warm that the tent can't stay as cool as usual. So I opened one vent on the side bottom a bit. The temps went down to 82F. Better. :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've heard the optimal room air temp for LEDs is higher than hid lighting.

Guess it could depend on your setup

G

Gauss

I keep my temps around 75F high end to preserve terps like has been mentioned already. To answer your question though OP, you are probably at about the limit but it depends on the strain. With CO2 dialled in to the proper levels you could actually even go a little higher, but I personally have no insight into how this would effect my terps.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP

I duct in fresh air from outside. Comes into the bottom back of the tent. Outside air temp gets in the 90s everyday down here in FL. But I keep the house at 76F all the time. Humidity is always crazy high down here too. I am ducting out with a 4" inline out a vent near the top. The vents all have double adjustable tubes for the ducts and light cords. I closed the intake vent down to about 2" to create that negative pressure. Works like a champ.

*SNIP
Why are you sucking air from outside the house?? Right know as we are typing this... the air going to my tent is 72 deg F and 46% RH. Current temp in tent is... 79 deg and 61.8 RH (on its way up to 65). Outside temps (fri) 21/7 87 deg 88% RH.

You control you girls environment when growing indoors. You have become "father nature" :)

dddaver

Veteran
1. Clean, fresh, unfiltered (no need), dust-free air....I also grow 100% organic. I just prefer to ingest clean weed.

2. And yes. But usually lurkers don't have over 2600 posts I didn't think. :tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Almost 29c. That means your plants can only grow at about 98% of optimum. You need to sort that out quickly :)

It's probably the best temperature you have ever had, if you feel it's considerably different to normal

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
1. Clean, fresh, unfiltered (no need), dust-free air....I also grow 100% organic. I just prefer to ingest clean weed.

2. And yes. But usually lurkers don't have over 2600 posts I didn't think. :tiphat:
The reason I asked Dave, trying to be as PC as possible is... some questions asked are questions we normally see from folks who are just starting, or at least the way they are asked :tiphat:

dddaver

Veteran
I'll try be as PC as possible too. I don't think anyone who only joined in June yet has over 600 posts to be any font of historical posting knowledge or able tp judge any grow knowledge or posting questions, and still seems only to post a lot instead reading and absorbing. Yet he thinks he has more knowledge and experience than someone who has been here nearly 10 years and has accumulated about 22,000 rep points. So let me lend a bit of old and wise learned advice, judge not lest ye be judged.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I'll try be as PC as possible too. I don't think anyone who only joined in June yet has over 600 posts to be any font of historical posting knowledge or able tp judge any grow knowledge or posting questions, and still seems only to post a lot instead reading and absorbing. Yet he thinks he has more knowledge and experience than someone who has been here nearly 10 years and has accumulated about 22,000 rep points. So let me lend a bit of old and wise learned advice, judge not lest ye be judged.
Cool beans :) I had to rejoin, so June is not accurate.

nickman

Veteran
I don’t grow in a tent but during the summer months my temp reach up to 86-90 degrees on hot days. Which really sucks.

I’ve read that terps start to downgrade or burn off at 82 degrees...

Normally my room stays around 78-80 degrees...

It’s a pain in the ass deall8ng with this heat if you don’t use an air conditioner...

I take my temps at canopy level. But I check other places through out the room...

I think you’ll be fine with that temp. It could be better though but we do the best we can with what we have at hand ...

zeke99

How's it going in your tent?

I'd venture a guess that the combination of high humidity with those mid 80s temps is working out well for you, no?

dddaver

Veteran
Great thanks. I blocked the outside air intake, cracked a vent on the tent bottom, and turned off one of LED lights. Just one HLG 100 going now temps vary 79-80F. Much better.

Latest posts

Latest posts