What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

true 6 week strains?

Dr. Greenthumb, Freedom 35. Finishes more like 40-50 days, though not 35 as stated on his web site.

I don't think it's the best bud, but I compare it to the organic og and jack herer that are staples in my head stash- it's not at that level.

I know this is accurate, as documented by numerous grow journals, as well as greedy grower I know who cares more about quantity then quality.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
6 weeks no, 7 just about for some stuff, like warlock or top 44..

you could cut some bubba crosses around that time and get a fairly good result if you're a shit hot grower..

munkey

Dr. Greenthumb, Freedom 35. Finishes more like 40-50 days, though not 35 as stated on his web site.

I don't think it's the best bud, but I compare it to the organic og and jack herer that are staples in my head stash- it's not at that level.

I know this is accurate, as documented by numerous grow journals, as well as greedy grower I know who cares more about quantity then quality.

I've looked into that strain and it seems most of them will turn auto on you.

6 weeks no, 7 just about for some stuff, like warlock or top 44..

you could cut some bubba crosses around that time and get a fairly good result if you're a shit hot grower..

Funny I've had a bubba cut that can be taken down at 6 weeks and smokes good but would be bigger at 8.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet Tooth #3 was a really fast finisher.
I grew one cut for a couple years that would consistenly finish at 42 days with 10%+ amber trichs.

She was a couchlock knock out stone but her legs were short... like a 2 hour run time.

I'm curious where you heard they auto? There isn't any auto in them, but they have a tendency to start flowering if you don't leave light on for at least 20hrs during veg. My buddy has one he's been veggin as a mother for quite some time under 24hrs.

I had one of the Mr. Nice shit pheno that finished in 45 days.
It had a hashy and skunky flavor and aroma. The potency was really good. Got 1.5 oz from 3 gallon pot.

Out of one pack of the Mr. Nice Shit (18 beans) there were tall phenos and short phenos.
The tall phenos did not seem like a skunk plants at all. Looked like a Haze plant, took a lot longer to finish with a lame flavor and aroma.

All the short phenos were very good. It ranged from skunky hash to fruity hash with great flavor, aroma and potency. I got 1.5oz to 3 oz from a 3 gallon pot.

If I ever run a pack of THe Shit again, I will cull all the tall plants and only run the shorter plants.

JointOperation

6 weeks from the end of stretch maybe.. but everything ive ran that was supposed to finish that quickly never did.. usually still ALL CLEAR TRICHS.. at 6 weeks.. honestly i think maybe the quickest pheno.. grown in hydro or coco .. in perfect dialed environment and nutes dialed in completly .. u mite be able to find something that is ready for chop 60 days from the flip to 12/12 .. depends.. right now.. if everythings dialed.. most my strains go 85 from 12/12 .. and 93-95 for longer flowering and for a few headsmoke plants that i like to smoke on my days off.. and at night time..

I've yet to see any strain fully finish in less than 8 weeks, so I'm gonna call marketing BS on anyone claiming to have a 6 week strain. 8 weeks is now too long, seriously???? Grow it right until it's done and stop looking for quickie short-cuts, that's my suggestion.

JointOperation

I've yet to see any strain fully finish in less than 8 weeks, so I'm gonna call marketing BS on anyone claiming to have a 6 week strain. 8 weeks is now too long, seriously???? Grow it right until it's done and stop looking for quickie short-cuts, that's my suggestion.

lol love the suggestion.. its true. even if u find a plant that can be pulled at 50 days from 12/12.. if brought to 60-70 .. it will reward u alot with extra weight.. and SMELL.. and Potency..

but honestly.. there are other ways like perpetual harvests.. or using flip flops.. and or doing SOG and Stacking rooms and using air cooled hoods.. u can stack 2 4x8s on eachother.. and double harvest.. and use a flip box and run 2 rooms 30 days apart. i mean shit.. there is no need for any strain thats done that quick besides cash cropping.. and cash cropping can be done MANY MANY WAYS..

harry74

Veteran
Early Girl around 45 days.

And it is quality smoke, well it was when I grew her like 10 years ago. I don´t know what Sensi is selling, a pack on the fridge, I will let you know ( I don´t know when).

You could also check Early Queen MNS that looks like has some Early Girl, Early Pearl and other genetics.
No experience with this one.

I

munkey

Never said 8 weeks is too long? I've got a 12 plant limit so choosing a fast finishing strain in my perpetual harvest is in my favor. I'm trying to pump out weight with what I have to work with. I have 2 veg cycles and 1 bloom cycle. If I have 8 week strains I will be vegging for 16 weeks which I'm trying to cut down on. I have pulled some bubba kush plants I've grown for a few years at 7 weeks 8 weeks and then 9 weeks with no difference in taste, smell, or size. It even hits the same even though more crystals are amber when pulled later. I've been out the game for awhile. If there isn't a real 6 week strain theres some that come close I'm sure. I grow it right but if theres a shortcut then why not. Most likely not going to be top notch meds but i can get a faster harvest. My point of view.

Latest posts

Latest posts