What's new

Node and callus tissue culture pictures

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi friends this is Charles aka Reeferman i thought I would share some pictures of some node cultures and callus tissue culture from our research facility in Canada

Attachments

• tc1.jpg
    tc1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 9
  • tc2.jpg
    tc2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 13
  • tc3.jpg
    tc3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • tc4.jpg
    tc4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 492.jpg
    492.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 529.jpg
    529.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 10

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
If people were able to buy these

1) how long would it take to go from receiving a petri dish in the post to having a "plant" that i could take a clone off
2) would i need any special equipment to look after it during the early days
3)<<<<<edited/tou>>>>>

3)<<<<<edited/tou>>>>>

dammit gaiusmarius what happened, you use to be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi Reef

Looks good.

Have you been able to produce shoots from the callus too?

mofeta
We have generated shoots and somatic embryo's from callus !

I would have to look at the date on the Jar but I would have to say that that culture is 30 -35 days old .

Charles:tiphat:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Yes I will see what I can do the shoots are no problem we have shoots from 3 cultivars the somatic embryo is nearly fully developed from the g13 x skunk #1 x UBC chemo .
I will continue to post pictures .

Charles

mofeta

Veteran
Hi Reef

Wow, good job! Thanks for sharing this.

Is that some purple I see on that callus shoot? What variety is that?

This thread makes me feel good!

All my best gear is descended from seed I bought from you. I've been following your activities since the early days, pre 2000 Prairie Fire, etc. As the years passed I watched your ups and downs and always hoped you would find peace and be able to pursue your passion without being plagued by the type of problems that have dogged you for so long.

I hope you are happy!

mofeta

Charles-scott

Veteran
Thanks very much times are changing , I am a little bit surprised everyday by the progress that we have made in certain ways I am grateful to be able to do what I am doing I have been put into a position to lead a industry , I have learned to be humble and work as a team player , its been interesting introducing academics to Cannabis and sharing what I have learned over the past 25 years and humbly learning everything I can from those who have lessons to teach me I no longer have to align myself with criminals and people who's primary reason for working with Cannabis is financial I like to think I have grown with the industry from the trenches to the research facility LOL
We have a outstanding research and breeding facility its amazing to lead a team of such special people to create medicine for a entire country .
Charles
Hi Reef

Wow, good job! Thanks for sharing this.

Is that some purple I see on that callus shoot? What variety is that?

This thread makes me feel good!

All my best gear is descended from seed I bought from you. I've been following your activities since the early days, pre 2000 Prairie Fire, etc. As the years passed I watched your ups and downs and always hoped you would find peace and be able to pursue your passion without being plagued by the type of problems that have dogged you for so long.

I hope you are happy!

mofeta

I was always fascinated by tissue culture, especially how any cell on a plant can differentiate into any cell... Now I am finally glad to see this being applied to cannabis

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hey Charles,
How are you?
When I set up an Cannabis in-vitro lab 20 years ago, we had no trouble growing meristems or callus or getting the callus to make roots, we did have trouble to get the rooted callus to make shoots, a very low success rate.
I was really interested in freezing the callus then later taking it out thawing it out and growing the callus to make plants, in other words a frozen library.
When the callus was thawed it turned to black goop, and died.
I was not successful in the freezing aspect and so I stopped the in-vitro work.
Any chance you could give a try with freezing callus then thawing and growing?
I would love a protocol that would allow this!
What do you use to encourage callus to form shoots?
I know the Italians, Chinese, Hungarians, and others have recently reported success with callus to make shoots.
Good luck,
All the best,
-SamS

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi Sam
First let me thank you you were a vital role model for me to gain interest and seek the path I am on my best to your family and you .
We have had success in generation shoots from callus at a good rate now , let me again state that while I am the director of product R&D I am not running the tissue culture research lab we have 2 phd's who are running the tissue culture program they have backgrounds in TC in many different plants.
They have worked all over the world I introduced them to Cannabis in the past 6 months , We had a very slow start I certainly have had some interesting looks from corporate leadership , recently we have made leaps and bounds .
I don't want to overstate my knowledge of TC , I know enough to suggest that we hire a expert on the subject as many have abandoned TC research in Cannabis .
We managed to get shoots in each cultivar we are working with I can not publish our route nor do I understand it , I just asked one of our Phd's about freezing he has had limited success in tobacco cultures dipped in liquid nitrogen followed by regeneration .
Its nice to see respected thought leaders contribute to this thread please feel free to post pictures or information experience with TC here , it would be nice to share as much info as we can .
Thanks to everyone for there support and interest in this thread !
Charles
Hey Charles,
How are you?
When I set up an Cannabis in-vitro lab 20 years ago, we had no trouble growing meristems or callus or getting the callus to make roots, we did have trouble to get the rooted callus to make shoots, a very low success rate.
I was really interested in freezing the callus then later taking it out thawing it out and growing the callus to make plants, in other words a frozen library.
When the callus was thawed it turned to black goop, and died.
I was not successful in the freezing aspect and so I stopped the in-vitro work.
Any chance you could give a try with freezing callus then thawing and growing?
I would love a protocol that would allow this!
What do you use to encourage callus to form shoots?
I know the Italians, Chinese, Hungarians, and others have recently reported success with callus to make shoots.
Good luck,
All the best,
-SamS

mofeta

Veteran

Hi GIT

Wow! Looks like Colorado is pushing ahead.

Did your facility produce those synthetic seeds? Or did you guys buy them from another place there in CO? Since you post some chems and equipment I figure you guys must be doing it yourself.

How difficult is the somatic embryogenesis process you have developed? Are you at liberty to discuss the protocols?

Very impressive. Hats off to you!

mofeta

Latest posts

Latest posts