What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling question.

UPDATE: I think one root from the 2 seeds that haven't sprout had broken, however I am seeing another white tail coming out from it, and the seed feels hard when it's easy squeezed between the fingers, so I took it and place it in a wet paper towel for germination.

Is that a dumb thing I just did? Do you think I have a chance or I should throw it away.

Thanks ;)

If you have to ask such common sense questions, you better quit growing now you may not survive in prison if you get caught. :yoinks:

Diego_

hey op,,,
as above and patience is a virtue in our thing,,,,your pots are fine for at least another week or so,,,,no big pots for a little while yet,,,

heres some pics of a few in my new run,,,these are just about to be transplanted nearly 2 weeks weeks since sprouting,
best of luck and keep us posted,,,,s2
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65117&pictureid=1552586&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65117&pictureid=1552587&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65117&pictureid=1552584&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Absolutely agree. I did learn the hard way that is so easy to overwater (and maybe kill) your plants. Also, since I'm in a very very humid weather (80%-95%) I'm using a lot of perlite which helps a lot.

A nice way to know when your plant NEEDS a new pot is to put your seedlings in a transparent cup and that one inside an opaque one, that way you can take a look at the roots when needed. I'm doing this with 2 clones and 5 seedlings right now.

BTW, question for @944s2 What kind of light and how many bulbs do you have for all those cups?

Day 6.

Hello guys. I'm back with a little update. Here are the plants in the day 6 of early veg. (The 2nd also sprouted and it's growing nice )

20160201_062526.jpg

20160201_062534.jpg

What do you think they look like?

Aren't the leaves a bit too bent over?

Thank you.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I cant see the pics but...

Let them be. You will know when they are ready. Your job right now is to keep them as comfortable as possible. Dont poke the babies!
Just kidding, but seriously the less you hurry them the faster they grow. Youll see.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Hi guys.

I have a quick question.

Today my first seed just sprouted and entered the seedling stage.

What I wanted to ask if that any harm is done if I move it right away into the final growing pot, as the cup it is now on it's a little smaller and I am afraid of not getting root bound in the next week, and harm it when I try to move it.

Could I do this now, or do you have any advice for me? Attached it's an image with the sprouted seed.

View Image

And another question. I am waiting for another two to sprout (3 days now in small cups - and today I uncovered the soil and got to them to see if they are not rotten - the root is still white but they haven't sprout yet - so I covered them with soil again).

Did I do a bad thing with that? Do I have chances for them to sprout or are they lost?

If yes, is it better to keep them in a darker place, or put them to light directly?

Thanks. ;)

If/as you are new to this trust the guys on keeping to smaller pot/cup. Ime watering is an art and it is easier to learn said art by stepping in smaller pots. Not to dispute other advise as I only consider this a New Grower best practice.

Part of the fun of it is trying it as they say so by all means learn in the way that works for you and for the plants in your care.

I am sorry I cannot site the source but some one on here stated that there should be a thread/sticky on watering along.

Imo they are correct. :tiphat:

Day 7.

I still tend to believe that the leaves look like a claw and they are too bent down.

I watered them like 3 times a day with little water (in the small cups - one is transplanted into a big pot - happened last night) and one is still in the smaller cup, which I plan to move it today also into a bigger pot.

I mention that the plants were looking like that before being moved to the bigger pots.

Also another mention is that the plant it's green (looks yellowish in the picture due to light inside)

-I didn't feed them any nutrients, only gave them tap water.
-I have a 100W Warm White Led and two 2 x 40W CFL's
-I have 3 fans inside (one to cool the bulbs, one intake and one outtake)
-Temperature between 22-29 C (it was a maximum of 32 but for a short amount of time - like 15 minutes yesterday)
-Last night when the light cycle went of it seems like they were more bent over than they are today.

Here are some pictures taken about 15 minutes ago:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

20160202_091936.jpg

20160202_091944.jpg

20160202_092047.jpg

20160202_092241.jpg

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Your seedling look fantastic in all the pics that work. Stellar. Your last pics are not viewable so that makes it tough.

Reading is a serious answer and a good one. This is in all probability the greatest cannabis grow resource on the planet.

If your cots yellow prematurely I would recommend 25 ppm of a organic bloom boost in ro or ph'd h2o.

I, for one, apologize for wasting your time.

Last edited:
Your seedling look fantastic in all the pics that work. Stellar. Your last pics are not viewable so that makes it tough.

Reading is a serious answer and a good one. This is in all probability the greatest cannabis grow resource on the planet.

If your cots yellow prematurely I would recommend 25 ppm of a organic bloom boost in ro or ph'd h2o.

I, for one, apologize for wasting your time.

Thank you for your reply :)

Here are the links to direct images. Please let me know what do you think.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

You moved the seedling to a larger pot. Not a good move. Should kept in the cups for a few more weeks like people said here.

indalo

You were advised at least a couple of times to leave them in the cups for now , but then you put them in bigger pots . Why ?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Ok seriously.
There is nothing wrong with your plant. It looks great. Leave it alone.

There is a wealth of knowledge here. The best thing you can do at this point as a beginning cannabis cultivator is to educate yourself. One of the best ways to do this is to read. Google site search icmag.com is a great place to start. If you dont know how to do that i suggest you google that as well. Go to a library and grab a few basic books. Alot of what goes into growing good weed is common sense and applies to growing things in general. First grow, your brain is like a sponge, use that and learn as much as you can.

As far as further questions feel free to ask, my advice there though is that you listen to the people.