What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chomsky's Canna Coco Chocolope Kush push

chomsky

First signs of defeciencies

First signs of defeciencies

Ok fellas here are a few pics. Just started noticing this the other day. Seems to be mostly on lower leaves and not rampant but slowly spreading. Any ideas?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Top two looks like Mg or zinc...

Bottom pics look like P or K ? ......

Kind of weird tho, its very refined looking......my guess is a micro nutrient deficiency.....hit them with some seaweed: chelated micros

chomsky

Also, what are your thoughts that I'm only feeding to a trickle. My runoff is nowhere near 10%. Could that be causing a problem?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Top two looks like Mg or zinc...

Bottom pics look like P or K ? ......

Kind of weird tho, its very refined looking......my guess is a micro nutrient deficiency.....hit them with some seaweed: chelated micros
Best suggestion, kelp also has K

DJXX

Veteran
i am not sure what you have goin on...when the tips get burnt you have too much of something...the really don't look that bad to me...someone on here will steer you the right place..good luck DJXX

chronosync

Well-stoned member
A thorough feeding with some good runoff couldn't hurt, unless you are in the middle of growing roots. I do it if I'm unsure and would like to *reset my pots, so to speak.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Step one is flush well. That's always step one. It will reveal the true deficiency or lock out.

chomsky

Update

Update

OK Kids, things are looking good. I was worried the 1 inch squares were going to be a bit tight and tough to pull the plants through but it is actually fine. I like the spacing. If there is a big clump that tough to get through I can just clip a square to expand it and no problem. I trimmed up a bit below the net and I will continue to do so until there is more or less no growth below the net. I think Im in week three of veg but Im not really keeping track. I will flip them at a certain height. My goal is to maximize grow height as well as possible.

chomsky

looks great I wanna give SCROG a go one of these days!

Yea if done right I'd say you definitely get a better yield. Especially indoor. I see most commercial indoor growers using this method. I'd love to be able to grow outside in like 30 gallon pots. That would be so much fun...

chomsky

Pruning

Pruning

OK the pile of leaves you see is everything I cut away under the net. I still have a bit more to get at too. By the time I flip there will be zero growth below the net... For you guys throwing up a scrog Im showing this because I know its scary to cut away what seems like so much growth. However, this allows for much better airflow all around and send all that energy that would otherwise be spent on the lower branches up to the new growth and buds in flowering. So dont be afraid to prune em up in veg...

chomsky

Yea I'd love to take cuts and keep a mother going. I think I'm gonna flip in a week or 10 days at the most. These girls are growing great but not exactly explosive so I'm thinking they aren't going to be explosive stretchers either. I really want to use as much height as possible.

Last edited:

chomsky

Flipping today!!! I also decided to start using OG Tea three feeding a week (mon, wed, fri) throughout 12/12. It's always been a great product for me and certainly won't hurt anything. I'll try to get a few pics up soon.