Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo?

Thread Title Search
Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2018, 06:11 AM #1
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo?

Today, the quality of weed is rated completely different than it used to be. I constantly hear how great some bud is because it makes you pass out, or "i couldn't get off the couch"

I'm fairly certain no amazing albums are being written, no computers are being invented, no new perspective is being formed, no companies are being founded, and no distant nooks of nature are been explored by participants of today's legal weed market. I'd almost go as far as to say today's indica infected narrow spectrum sterile medium indo weed makes you a boring person.

Indo, sensi, indica, souiless: 4 trends pushed by growers/movers, for obvious reasons. Flared jeans came back.. Will euphoric, trippy, creative, inspiring, motivating giggle high weed? Or has the internet succeeded in ruining the human conciousness, by changing the sheep's expectation and corporate directed desires of fitting in?

I mean, dispensaries even grow their "sativa" hybrids poorly on purpose, and generalize it as Diet Weed Lite , just for the sole purpose that indica is easier to grow tons of. The attributes associated with Sativa,in the legal market, are all consistent with prematurely harvested, neglected bagseed.

I hear so much shit talked about how Sativa sucks.. I find it hard to believe the popularity of Cannabis suddenly became pinned on completely different properties than it was for 5 thousand years. The sheep need to stop steering the market at the capitalists wishes, its destroyed portions of society. And it's destroying weed. Anyone who prefers herb clean enough to be smoked instead of having to go into e-cigs can feel me.

Maybe I'm wrong about the origin of these trends toward narcotic weed. But a whole lot of rappers used to talk about hydro, yet none of them would smoke it. It seems pretty obvious that the financial interests with the biggest pockets control the trends everyone follows. Paying rappers to glorify endo while they all smoke deps? Totally sounds logical. The power of guerilla marketing.
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:24 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
The entire music industry went down the toilet because old producers want pretty boys and pretty girls
to sell albums to the kids. Sadly, most can't sing, write or play an instrument and are soon gone. The music
of the 70's is real because back then it was about the music and not if you looked like a Supermodel.

To me the movie industry is about flash and not about real stories. They keep remaking the same movies
because they can't think for themselves. Like how many times can you watch a movie about one guy who
saves the World from aliens, etc.?

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:42 AM #3
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
It may be a symptom more than a cause. With all the info available and screens in your face all the time, independent thought is bound to suffer a little no? Everything is handed to you, no work involved in creating stuff.

I would think it harder to come up with great ideas if most everything has already been done in one form or another in terms of music, movies etc.
yesum is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:43 AM #4
SilverHazer

SilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura about
Good points Troutman.

I think the problem with mainstream music is that every aspect of these peoples' life is expected to show up on social media in one way or another. So all these big name artists probably do more pharmaceutical junk than ever before. It seems to me like you only ever hear about older celebrities "finding weed." All the ones in the prime of their careers always do BS stories about how they recently stopped puffing (Probably for a couple weeks). Even if they are an edgy artist, it seems like they all get pressured to fit into this Fox, ABC, NBC, big network corporate interest society.

Funny how social media is supposed to promote individuality, and it ends up commercializing things even more.
SilverHazer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:06 AM #5
Anne_Fetamine

Anne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the roughAnne_Fetamine is a jewel in the rough
Interesting theory

The music decline has a legit cause: the Telecommunications Act of 1996. This act deregulated the airwaves, taking control away from local DJs and giving it to corporations like Clear Channel that don't have ANY passion for music. It's all about the ads--music is just something to keep listeners' attention between commercials. It's all marketed to tween girls, as they're the biggest consuming demographic. Therefore the songs that get airplay are mostly "teen idols" & repetitive crap written to about a 4th grade comprehension level (not exaggerating. There was an analysis of today's lyrics compared to lyrics of decades past & they've steadily declined in complexity).

Not sure about the changes in TV. Some would say the Netflix "revolution" has improved TV show quality, making it more cinematic & high-quality. I am ambivalent about that.

But there are other factors at play, including the (ab)use of other drugs like opioids, benzos & "molly". Indo weed pales in comparison to those substances in terms of potency. But yeah, it could definitely play a role in a lot of the lazy anti-intellectualism that pervades pop culture.
Anne_Fetamine is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:11 AM #6
Mick

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
Imo, the weed a culture smokes is but a reflection of that culture. The earth is messed up in so many ways now, we're in the middle of many perfect storms, and so a lot of people just want to get shitfaced and stay glued to the couch.
Having said that, there are some awesome worked sativa's out there. The guys at Ace are a good example of some damn fine herb being breed.
Mick is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:19 AM #7
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
"Gersh dernit, it were butter in the old days"

- Every Aging Generation.

You know how much crap music was made between 1950 and 1990? Pick any time period.

A metric shit ton. Today we can look back and it is easy to only see the cream.
Mikell is online now Quote

17 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:42 AM #8
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
"Gersh dernit, it were butter in the old days"

- Every Aging Generation.

You know how much crap music was made between 1950 and 1990? Pick any time period.

A metric shit ton. Today we can look back and it is easy to only see the cream.
LOL! What about Disco Duck?

I am 62 and I like today's music. I even like rap which drives all my old friends nuts. I like new stuff. I can't reread a book, see a movie twice or listen to nothing but classic rock. I don't mind hearing a classic rock song from my youth but not too much.

Mikell back off Alvin and The Chipmunks.

Last edited by iTarzan; 01-02-2018 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2018, 04:16 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Today’s music & TV sucks because the creators have zero imagination!

It’s all geared toward socially engineering a society of sheep & it’s been working for several decades now.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2018, 07:02 PM #10
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
No, today's Media sucks because much it is Weaponized information,

designed to protect Sacred Cows, the wealthy & the well-connected.

People like Harvey Weinstein, for example.

As long as consumers have access to Sat Doms & Ind Doms, they'll choose whatever works.
St. Phatty is online now Quote