What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think it's time to make this forum a bit more active...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tony Evers...

To me, the guy has the personality of a wet blanket. But I like his stance on healthcare and education. I also like where he stands on the Foxconn debacle and protecting our natural resources.

He supports mmj. But would ask for a state referendum before full rec.

I can get behind this guy. I just wish he was a bit more engaging. I guess we will see when the debates roll around.

Hopefully he kicks the crap out of old guv'na Googly Eye.

Baldwin v. Vukmir.

I don't care for Baldwin and the way she votes when it comes to our veterans. But I hate Vukmir with a passion. She's the reason why the state as never as much as seen an mmj bill in either the house or senate. She's as big a cannabigot as anyone.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think Evers can beat Walker. I drive around the state a lot for work, and I see 50 Walker signs to every Evers sign outside of Madison.

Hell, I see more Phil Anderson signs than Tony Evers signs.

Yay. 4 more years of the ole googly eye.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last night's debate was painful to listen to.

Tony kept repeating himself and stumbling over words. He had no real clear concise answer for any questions. It was bad.

Walker was calm, cool, and collected. Gave thoughtful, meaningful responses to a couple tough questions. Exactly what you want in a governor.

Fuck. Democrats put up another loser.

It pisses me off the WBA won't allow Phil Anderson into the debates.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whelp. I was wrong. Evers did it. I am pleasantly surprised.

As an added bonus, no more Leah Vukmir rep'n me in the state capital. And she lost to Baldwin. With any luck she'll stay gone.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends and Wisconsinites.

I've been hoping for a little local thread here on the mag but was kind of paranoid about starting one. I've made a lot of references to our great state and haven't tried to hide that I live in SE wisco on my grow threads so I might as well post here as well.

For the first time in a long time I'm optimistic about what we have going on here and ending this bullshit prohibition. I'm not very into politics but I did vote with many others on Tuesday and I'm ready for changes. I think that reports said that there were 16 medical or recreational referendums on the ballots and all passed with at least 70% support. That alone says volumes and there is no way that the crooked politicians can deny that the people of this state overwhelmingly support legal cannabis.

My question is what can I do to help the cause now? I don't have a lot of money to donate but I want to help in other ways. Other than singing the NORMAL partitions and marching in Madison for the harvest fest I feel like I'm not doing enough. Suggestions appreciated.

junit

Hey fiddynut, no longer live near you but from there and was there back when Ic mag taught me how to grow. Seen those referendums and the results went great. Sooner than later it will change.

Fiddynut

Hey fiddynut, no longer live near you but from there and was there back when Ic mag taught me how to grow. Seen those referendums and the results went great. Sooner than later it will change.
Greetings junit.

I think that change is inevitable, but my parients thought that in the 60's and early 70's as well. Positively and patience should pay off in the long run...I hope.

ImFuct

Greetings from South Central Wi! I've only been smoking since January. I'm using it for medicine and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. Just trying to absorb as much info as possible.

Fiddynut

Greetings from South Central Wi! I've only been smoking since January. I'm using it for medicine and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. Just trying to absorb as much info as possible.
Greetings ImFuct.

I hope the medication is working well for you. There is much info to absorb here.

ImFuct

Greetings ImFuct.

I hope the medication is working well for you. There is much info to absorb here.[/Q

It's been a life saver! I live in a small town so availability is hit and miss. With flower I use 1/2 gram in the evenings. With vape cartridges 2-3 puffs and I'm good.

Does anybody know when Wisconsin will legalize the referendum passed and Evers won so whats the next move toward legalization and how long will it take?

ImFuct

Does anybody know when Wisconsin will legalize the referendum passed and Evers won so whats the next move toward legalization and how long will it take?

That's a great question! I'm originally from Arizona and y'all do things differently up here.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nobody knows.

Republicans still control the house. If they bend to the will of their constituents, it could be legal medically within 2 years I'm guessing.

If they choose to ignore, they could theoretically stall until they're voted out.

Evers already said several times he would not legalize recreational unless there was a statewide question to determine the will of the people of the state.

Best thing to do is get involved at a local level.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, I'm just trying to help get this thread active. In North Dakota, I'm the activity there 95% of the time. I hope to see many unexpected things happen at the national level going into the next elections. If Trump thinks he is going to get re elected. He is going to need the GREEN VOTE ! He has two years to get his shit together. So his actions speak louder than his words. Peace MedDakotabis

Fiddynut

Hello all, I'm just trying to help get this thread active. In North Dakota, I'm the activity there 95% of the time. I hope to see many unexpected things happen at the national level going into the next elections. If Trump thinks he is going to get re elected. He is going to need the GREEN VOTE ! He has two years to get his shit together. So his actions speak louder than his words. Peace MedDakotabis
Good afternoon farmerlion.
Thanks for taking interest in this thread. I know there are a couple more of us cheese heads around here but we arnt very active in this thread. Here we don't have any medical or recreational and laws are strict so I think a lot of us are afrade to put much out there. But we hope that is changing sooner rather than later. A change at the federal level would probably help things move forward at the local level, so we will see.
I realize that there isn't a lot I can do to change the laws but I try everyday to change people's attitude and to educate. The people who don't understand and are against legalization need to learn how much help this plant can bring. I don't argue with them but I try to have an adult conversation and inform them that many of the reefer madness "facts" they were taught are lies. I also try to educate people I know who smoke about how they can get better meds by growing and that all the info is out there for them to learn. It's not much but I feel like it's all I can do to try to make things better.

Badfishy1

Send spotted cow to the brethren down south! Supplies are getting critical! PBR in New Glarus stein isn’t cutting it! Hope this message reaches you in time...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Send spotted cow to the brethren down south! Supplies are getting critical! PBR in New Glarus stein isn’t cutting it! Hope this message reaches you in time...

I think we need to set up a supply line. You send Yeungling, I'll send Spotted Cow.

Fiddynut

I think we need to set up a supply line. You send Yeungling, I'll send Spotted Cow.

That's the spirit guys!
I'll be comming as far as costal Alabama the first weekend in March and could probably bring a case or two of spotted cow for you fishy.