What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 acclimatizing refinement/seed production.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, the actual germination of genetics won't be until May 10th through the 15th. In 2017 I tried several sativa dominant strains to find the outer edge of my grow environment. Having two like the Acapulco Gold and landrace Malawi's that didn't finish properly. 70%sativa strains finished fine and 65% or less sativa genetics finished great. With these parameters in mind, I made my genetics selections for 2018.
While my passion firmly lies in providing the finest in high CBD genetics for ND medical patients. North Dakota has made great efforts to not do anything or help anyone. Very sad !
So at great personnel jeopardy I'll continue to try and provide for this states hurting people free of charge. While I have access to some of the best CBD genetics available. I will spend this season testing strains for the average grower to have out in their yards. So they can produce their own medicines without being gouged by state growers low quality and expensive buds, edibles and ointments.
I will be doing a separate study at the same time this season. Using two separate stabilized parental donors. Through cloning of P1's (parental plants) both parents have been reversed and the other P1 pollinated. This has already been done and I will be growing out the first generation seeds produced from this cross. These seeds are the f1 seed generation from the P1's of both parental reversals.

#1. Bangi Haze f29 reversed x NepJam (purple Phenotype)f6 female
#2. NepJam (purple Phenotype) f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 female.
NepJam is a Highland Nepalese x Jamaican. The purple phenotype is a recessive trait of the Jamaican genetics. This trait was locked down then stabilized 6 generations.
While both versions of these identical genetics have a flowering time in the 9-10 week range. I want to see which dominant traits are transferred most often in the filial generation . For each filial generation of breeding the number behind the "f" goes up one number.
The locked down recessive purple color has been stabilized for 6 filial generations f6.
The Bangi Haze has been reproduced 29 generations f29.
In 35 gallon Root Pouch growbags. I will have one plant of each of the following strains.
Lebanese, Lebanese, Lebanese, Lebanese four total bags/plants.
Early Bubba Hash, x three bags and three total plants.
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights three bags and three total plants.
Lebanese x Erdpurt one bag one plant.
Purple Peyote one bag one plant.

45 gallon Root pouch grow bags x two plants per bag.

NepJam purple pheno f6 x Bangi Haze f29. two bags and two plants each.
Bangi Haze f29 x Purple NepJam f6 two bags two plants each.

All the genetics I'm using are feminized seeds except the Lebanese landrace genetics are regular seeds with both male and female genetics.
Lebanese phenotypes, there is three individual phenotypes that the Lebanese genetics will produce.
#34 plant characteristics 2 to 1 CBD ratio.
#35 plant characteristics 6% to 16% CBD levels .5 THC or less.
#36 sativa dominant structure, higher trichome production, higher overall bud production.
(all Lebanese genetics are 100% sativa. #36 sounds like the others are an Indica cross. They just have a heavier meristem structure to the plant.)

I will state now I'm not the breeder of these genetics. All breeding has been done through the Ace seeds collective. These genetics are available through Ace seeds website. www.aceseeds.org
I can't say enough about the quality of genetics and the actual testing they do on their genetics.

Welcome to this years grow! I will be doing an open pollination of one of the Lebanese males. All of the above genetics will be crossed with the semi auto flowering Lebanese genetics. As I stated earlier, I'm hoping to produce seeds that any person living in this state can easily produce on their own and have great CBD rich genetics. I will make these available in time as our laws change. They will be donated in regular seed format to all interested North Dakotans. :tiphat:
While I end up with a fair amount of budded flowers from my work. This after a three month cure, gets donated to several cancer patients and others suffering from various ailments. Peace

Last edited:

growingcrazy

Awesome. I can't wait to see how you do this season.

Your selections are exactly what I am interested in doing in my climate.

NordVest Canna

Hey you may want to contact a buddy of mine, Erik from Cannabeizein. He has been breeding for growing outdoors in NW Oregon for over a decade. Using Tree of Life (Trainwreck x Mendo Purps) as a base, he has bred strains that finish from the third week in September to the second week in October. You can find his seeds at DC Seed Exchange.

I am a former ND resident myself, and I'm also working on breeding for the high latitudes.

https://www.instagram.com/cannabeizein/
https://www.instagram.com/nordvest_cannabis/
https://www.instagram.com/dcseedexchange/

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
NordVestCanna, thanks for stopping by. It sounds like we both have a close relationship with a breeder. Is your friend on the mag here? Networking can be helpful at times. Either way I thank you for stopping by. Have a great grow this season. Peace.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I would like to mention a great kindness given by my friend dubi at Ace seeds. With my last purchase he included two packs of seeds free of charge. Ace is a true friend of the cannabis community. This will greatly help my ability to donate to those in need. Thanks Ace!�� Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello, I did purchase two additional 35 gallon grow bags. I came across some packs of

Green PCK x Panama and Purple PCK x Panama.

The terpene profile is very different between the two. The Panama Goddess mother used also has a significant level of the CBG cannabinoid.
This I hope will carry into the f1 cross with the Lebanese. The chemotype of the Lebanese is very interesting on it's own. While using a substrate with higher Humic and Fulvic acids this season. I hope to see greater phenotypic expressions.
My goal is to have them tested using HPLC.
Then I can compare the individual studies and determine if and what the Humic and Fulvic acids contributed and in what amounts.

I may be pissing into the wind? But since I don't smoke or sale. This brings a higher level of interest to my growing. I love this plant and enjoy learning. I'm still 8 weeks away from my germination date. I will re-use last year's soil with the added amendment's. Reworking the soil extensively so the micro life have a month to start forming. I germinate directly into main grow bags.

I pack starter mix into pre dug keg cup sized holes. When the seedlings grow out of the starter mix. They already have the added nutrients without any re potting stresses.
There is a thousand opinions on this topic. This is just what I do, it works for me.
Peace.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
The soil mixing started today. I was able to get six 35 gallon grow bags done. I have eleven bags still to do tomorrow. Five 45 gallon grow bags and six more 35 gallon grow bags. After removing the main root ball and it's dirt. I left all the finer root structures to decompose and be used by future plantings. All soil was broken up into fine particles again. I added two cups of finely ground Leonardite and mixed it in thoughly. Each bag has about three inches of room left to fill.

I will mix chicken poop and worm castings 50/50 and add one small bag of soil to each grow bag. I will then moisten all bags with Humic Source+. That is a concentrated Humic and Fulvic acids. It calls to be diluted with water at a 52 %Humic + to 48% water. I'm going to dilute at a greater level since I'm using the Humic Source fines as well.
I will start at 85% water to 15% liquid Source +.
I will water the soil for a few weeks to a month and let the microbial life get going strong. Then plant seeds into pre dug holes with potting soil compacted into the holes. I'm not a fan of transplanting.

I don't germinate seeds in the pre soak cups. I will pre soak the seeds in individually marked cups. Each cup will have rain water and a drop of Humic Source +. I will soak each seed about six hours then place seed directly into main grow bags. Pouring balance of cup onto potting soil to moisten a little. I have used fish emulsions for several years now. I still will this season but will go to Neptunes fish emulsions with seaweed/kelp extracts. The only that will be used besides what I've mentioned is worms. I will add about six worms to each grow bag.
I hope all of you have a great grow this summer. Please come back and check up on this grow.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
reworking soil

reworking soil

https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages...08782a6d9be6cca8370_1840172.jpg?dl=1523485401
https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages...da068dfa6ddeef1c405_1840174.jpg?dl=1523485401
https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages...8d8924b4a260d61e790_1840175.jpg?dl=1523485401
https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages...b4eaa304e2585d340c2_1840173.jpg?dl=1523485401

Working in the greenhouse for a while today. Mixing the Leonardite into the soil in layers. The top few inches will be new soil, chicken poop and worm castings. I will let the nutrients leech down through the soil with each watering.

I have a lot of cleaning to do before I start germinating seeds. I will sweep, vacuum and sterilize the entire greenhouse.
The weeks are passing rather quickly. I will be able to post up pictures of seedlings soon. Have a great weekend. Peace :tiphat:

Ohhh this looks like a party that's just getting started! I'm along for the ride on this one. I've been eyeballing ace seeds gear for a while. That auto malawai northern lights cross has my attention!

growingcrazy

What is your end goal with running the fem seeds?

A homogeneous fem line of a nice sativa that finishes in our climate would be kind of cool...an 11 week panamalawi? lol

Have you given any thought to brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 any thought? I gave her a whirl, and she finished in 8 to 9 weeks. The most potent of the 3 phenos I got tested came in at 19.23% thc.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Frozen Fire, I haven't ever run any C99 yet. I do have one cross with Mikado and C99. I have heard many good things about Brothers Grimm genetics. Unless I can expand my efforts, this season and next season are booked already. I hope to test f1's next season of some of this season's crosses.
Thanks for stopping by. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Growingcrazy, as you know many genetics aren't available in regular seeds. And this also helps me narrow down the number of potential male plants.
My goals are only to get a faster, sooner flowering plant. Not to shorten overall flowering times. The Lebanese will do this very nicely. This version is very stable and will bring me to my goal sooner.
Have a great day. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Myself I'm very excited about them. In regards to my part of the world and grow environment. If I could pull it off, I would have a room full of Angola plants. Looking for the fabled red hair. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
It might hit 50f today. My greenhouse is calling me!
All but three grow bags are filled. I can't get to them until Sunday, then game on for growing. Waiting for my Icelandic kelp to be delivered. Mix up top layer of soil then clean like a madman. Still two to three weeks from germination of seeds. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Bags are ready GH is clean

Bags are ready GH is clean

Well all it's been a busy weekend. I have all the bags of soil mixed the way I want them and the greenhouse is clean.
picture.php

View image in gallery

I did add two more 35 gallon root pouch grow bags this season.
This will be my final change of the genetics list.

Ace seeds

4 Lebanese landrace reg
1 Lebanese x Erdpurt fem
2 (Purple Malawi x PCK#47) x Purple NepJam fem
1 or 2 Early Bubba Hash fem
1 or 2 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f3 fem
1 or 2 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4 fem
1 or 2 Purple NepJam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 fem
1 or 2 Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple NepJam f6 fem

CBG
2 Peyote Purple reg I think they are all feminized myself???

Cannabeizein
NYCD x Second Sight reg

Old World Genetics DJ Short
1 Miners Wife (Mothers Milk=Nepali OG x ChemDawg) x Blueberry f4 reg
3 Blueberry f4 reg

If the weather stays warm I may germinate seeds at the end of the first week in May. If it's still in the 30's at night I will wait until the 10th to the 15th before germination.
Well that's what is going on in my world this season. I hope you find it interesting and stop by during the grow to check it out. Peace:tiphat:

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
If all goes well, I will be germinating seeds this weekend.
I have been struggling with the selection of genetics again. I will figure it out one way or another. Have a great weekend. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts