What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 acclimatizing refinement/seed production.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Badfishy1, I hope to have it figured out by Sunday. Recheck forecast in the morning and soak seeds for 6 to 8 hours and get them in the dirt.
Thanks for stopping by my friend. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Germination has begun.

Germination has begun.

Hey all, the seeds are warming and hydrating after being in the genetics freezer. Here are some pictures of what's going on.

45 gallon Root Pouch grow bag with two plugs removed for seed starter mix.

This is a single hole 35 gallon grow bag with the seed starter mix packed into the hole. This way when the seedlings grow out of the starter mix they have the added nutrients without transplanting and risking shock. (I'm not very gentle).

This is a picture of the bags lined up waiting for seeds in the morning. I double planted two of the Lebanese plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. This freed up one grow bag for another strain. I really wanted to have an Original Sour Diesel in the line up this season.

The 45 gallon grow bags are all double planted with like genetics. The only slight deviation is the Purple PCK x Panama and the Green PCK x Panama are in the same bag. One 35 gallon grow bag with the Original Sour Diesel is double planted as well. These were regular genetics and if one is a male it will be culled.

I hope all of you have a great summer and happy growing ! Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Badfishy1, Yes brother it does! Thanks for stopping by. I will place the seeds in the grow bags tomorrow morning. The wife and I had a great evening with the neighbors across the canyon barbequing and playing darts. We didn't drink to much so an early morning of coffee with momma is still an option. I will put all seeds in grow bags in morning sometime.

I hope all of you are having a great and safe weekend. I will update after the girls have popped up. Peace

Nup

Hey Farmerlion , haven't had the time to really sink in a good chunk of time to read this thread properly. But even skimming it seems great. Super selection too.

I saw your post in the ACE Lebanese thread, nice to see action there. I very much like those strains. Meant to ask, how humid does it get up your way? From what i'v gathered the north african strains tend to struggle with humidity. Tried one here last summer and it struggled and got mold early, so I will be interested to see how they do for you. Safe growing and happy germinating!! :smoke:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Nup, it does get fairly humid at times. But the strong daily winds( flat open State) keep the effects of humidity low. I have large amounts of air moving constantly. April and May are the most humid months.

Seeds placed in grow bags this morning. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Humidity is here in spades. The rain is coming down in bucket fulls. I'm sure my rain barrels are already over flowing in just minutes.

Aridbud, I hope they turn out well. I'm a sativa fan myself. Unless you grow your own, you won't see them in this State. The Lebanese should really open up some genetics for hybrid crosses. The Auto Malawi x Northern lights should be part of a good foundation.
Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
The rain has stopped, temps are a little warmer and the sun is shining. The seeds were soaked and warmed but not fully germinated. In two days nothing has broken the surface yet, but it's still early. Have a great day! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
The weather is supposed to be nice through the weekend. Hope to have seedlings by Sunday. I will post pictures after their first week. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Update

Update

Hello all, the line up has been added to. My Auto Malawi x Northern lights f3 has failed to germinate twice now. I've added a Blue Thai and a Kush-n-Cheese. I also added three plants and two more strains outside. Two original Original Glues and a Panama D/C x PCK. The other three outside plants are two Erdpurts and one Panama D/C (Deep Chunk). Most of the seedlings are up and starting to grow. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm for the next week. This should get them all going strong. Have a great week my friend's.
I also have a Critical Cheese in the Greenhouse.
:tiphat: Peace

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Spring has sprung!

Spring has sprung!

Hello all

It's finally looking like spring here. While the plants are still seedlings and just getting started. Here is a couple of pictures for you.

This is my Original Sour Diesel. She was the first plant of the season to come up.

These are two of my four Lebanese sativa's. The others are in separate 35 gallon grow bags. These two are sharing a 40 gaollon plastic grow tub.

This little unique lady is a Panama D/C (Deep Chunk). Coming into life with three first leaves and three true leaves. She is outside but while I write this. I thinking I should move her into the greenhouse.
She may end up being a very special plant. While I plan to do an open pollination of all greenhouse genetics with a Lebanese male.

This little lady may really shine in a better environment. I have some other outdoor plants going right now as well. Two Erdpurts, two Original Glues and a Panama D/C x PCK (Pakistani Chitral Kush). Ok, it's time to go move her inside. It's the right thing to do. I hope you all have a great weekend. Peace:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
May 26th update

May 26th update

Hey all, Just some updates from the greenhouse. Have a great and safe Memorial weekend holiday. Thank you to all our Veterans who are serving and to those that have.

Here is a NYCD x Second Sight.

Early Bubba Hash.

Here is a trifoliate Panama D/C and a late flowering Blueberry.

Here is an Original Sour Diesel. I will post up more pictures of other plants later. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Things changing quickly

Things changing quickly

Hello,
Well the ladies are starting to come into their own. The trifoliate Panama D/C I was told would most likely be a runt. Is fighting hard to gain size with the other ladies.

She has a very thick stalk for her age and her leaves feel slightly thicker than the other plants do as well.

The other noticeable observation was a funky aroma. While watering this morning. I thought a mouse or a chipmunk had died in the greenhouse. So I start looking behind grow bags. I get to the Original Sour Diesel, she is at the 5th to 6th node of vegetative growth. Still in diapers as plant growth goes. No mouse or dead rodent. I bend over and take a big whiff of her top. For such a young lady she sure has some stinky panties on already.

She is several weeks away from flowering yet, mid July. I have a Kush-n-Cheese, Critical Cheese and a NYCD also going. They are a little smaller yet than the OSD is. The Leonardite I'm using is supposed to enhance the aromatics of all plants grown.
If this holds true, these little ladies will make you gag when in flowering. I look forward to that. Here is the stinky girl.

Have a great week all. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd update

June 3rd update

Hello all, Here is some photo updates of the growth.

Kush n Cheese

Critical Cheese

Blue Thai

Lebanese #1

Lebanese #2
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd

June 3rd

Early Bubba Hash left plant in 45 gallon bag.

Early Bubba Hash Right plant in grow bag.

Two Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4's in a 45 G bag.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd

June 3rd

EDY from Original Delicatessen

Bubba Kush x PCK

Panama x PCK (Green left Purple right) phenotypes.
Peace