Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Terra Preta - Dark Soil - Experiment

Thread Title Search
Terra Preta - Dark Soil - Experiment Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 PM #11
jaykush
dirty black hands

jaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of light
ill have some info and mixtures of what i got mixed up later.

Quote:
. Seedlings should be feed with nothing more than worm castings and possibly some molasses and seaweed. When adding guano to the soil whether amended or top dressed, only use about 1-3tbs per gallon depending on plant size. 3TBS / Gal being the max you want to work up to with heavy feeders.
yea i agree, most people would be surprised how long castings/compost will sustain a plant before it needs the heavier stuff and little but often works very well with guanos. seedlings love foliar sprays as well. even if its only plain water. but thats begginer stuff this is a terra preta thread.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:20 AM #12
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

SilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the input guys.

Dont forget the liquid kelp Scay Beez
NPK 0.2 / 0.58 / 4.3

Yeah i was bit too impatient with the babies... Been mucking around with clones for too long
The funny thing is the MP were pale yellow like they needed N? Thats why i figured overwatering...
Thankfully i have only lost a few and they were mostly the iffy ones so still smiling.

Heres how they look today:

Maroc/Paki
You can clearly see the top left one is suffering.

Big bud
Loving it!

Trois

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin L.King Jr

Terra Preta Dark Soil Experiment

Recycled Organic Living Soil

Organic Fanatics Australia
SilverSurfer_OG is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM #13

Excellent. Thanks for starting the thread.

I'm fascinated by Tera Preta initially for it's ability to sequester carbon long term. I plan a garden plot (small) half Tera Preta, half conventional, the soil getting prepped up over next couple of months, will get a bit of a summer crop off it, then winter it. (it's end of spring here now). After this, next season, the games begin, and we'll get to see what this stuff does when it's 'mature'.

Can't wait, in the meantime, I'll log my efforts here as they happen.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 PM #14
jaykush
dirty black hands

jaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of light
bump

https://www.championtrees.org/topsoil/TerraPreta.htm

https://www.eprida.com./

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM #15
NorCalNiceGuy

NorCalNiceGuy is on a distinguished road
Awesome Dude! ill deff be following this i cant wait to see some more results! keep us dated bro! im gonna go do some homework on this stuff! Thanks for letin us know!GoodDay!

niceguy

Medical Patient with no patience for my medical needs, legalize the Green.... NorCalNiceGuy

Anxeity blows
NorCalNiceGuy is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2007, 04:04 PM #16
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

SilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of lightSilverSurfer_OG is a glorious beacon of light
Hey there folks.

Glad you are interested Bongsong and NiceGuy!

Excellent links Jaykush.

Plants coming along nicely. Just been plain watering and gave them a nice foliar with a batch of mollasses tea.

I made a mistake with one strain... the Maroc/Paki is actually a Maroc/Afghani
The survivors now look nice and green!

Bigbud and Trois

I have 4 Reclining Buddahs from seed that i have repotted today. They are about 6 weeks old and just getting going.

Two on the left are in a coco, perlite, dolomite lime, azomite mix. One has a half cup Terra preta and the other chicken manure.

Two on the right are in homemade compost, perlite, lime, azomite. Same deal with the Terra preta and chicken poo.

This should give some idea of the relative strength of my Terra Preta mix vs the composted chicken manure.

Good luck with your experiments guys.

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Last edited by SilverSurfer_OG; 11-27-2007 at 04:12 PM..

Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM #17
jaykush
dirty black hands

looking good but which ones are which? seems like there ready for some N as well.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 PM #18
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

The top pic are the Maroc/Afghani.

The one under that is the BigBud with two remaining Trois in the square pots.

Yeah im gonna give them a drink of my Tea. Its got some urine and fish emulsion... I will give the Bigbud a more concentrated dose.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM #19
jaykush
dirty black hands

actually i ment which ones are the terra preta mixes and which are the chicken shit mixes.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:15 AM #20
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

You can just see a white label sticking out of two of the pots...

The second from left and last on the right are mixed with the Terra preta.