You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101

Thread Title Search
Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 AM #41
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
ill investigate it ty

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 AM #42
RanchoDeluxe
Banned

RanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the roughRanchoDeluxe is a jewel in the rough
I usually go w/ 1tsp per gallon Durdy.
RanchoDeluxe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM #43
ClackamasCootz
Expired

ClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to allClackamasCootz is a name known to all
Blue Jay

The first neem meal I used was from DTE and I foolishly followed their directions which called for 2 cups to 1 c.f. of potting soil.

You talk about smelling bad! That could be a security concern because a busybody smelling this could assume that you're involved in any number of illegal activities since it's different than anything most people are familiar with. Bombs. Rotting bodies in the basement. Meth.

I found a better product and definitely found better information on how to use it.

CC
ClackamasCootz is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2013, 03:55 PM #44
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
plants look and smell fine

fwiw pistils were not happy, not sweating it just reporting results to those who may be interested

I am going to try to find out the source of need meal later today if possible

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 PM #45
Neo 420

Neo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really nice
DTE Neem is bad quality? I never had other neems to compare. DTE Neem is the only neem I can find and I drive 30 to 40 miles out to purchase it.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 PM #46
BlueJayWay

Neo! Get your butt to neemresource .com and get your hands in some organic neem seed meal! It's a world of difference....I don't know if I'd say DTE is 'bad' quality but ahimsa does put it to shame....

Old 05-27-2013, 11:22 PM #47
Neo 420

Neo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really niceNeo 420 is just really nice
NICE..They got cold pressed oil too! I'll put an order in for the oil, neemcake and the soap. The application rate change with these products? Interesting to see the differences with this stuff in relations to IPM strategy...

Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM #48
canna woop!

canna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the rough
any one have a IPM suggestion for thrips. It looks like there are some under the leaves as well as running around the soil.
canna woop! is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2013, 10:19 PM #49
OrganicLearner

OrganicLearner will become famous soon enoughOrganicLearner will become famous soon enough
CW

If you already have thrips spinosad works pretty good for them is what I hear from others who used it but it can also harm other soil organisms so go light on it when using directly on the soil and maybe try a topdress of neem/ crab meal

From the first page a good rundown from CC

Mix 4 oz. Spinosad to 1 gallon water. Add 1/4 Aloe vera and 2 tsp. of Pro-TeKt

Spray every 72 hours until you have completed 4 applications.

All Spinosad products come from one manufacturer - Eli Lilly. They have licensed Bonide to pack this under their name "Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew" which is around $20.00 for 16 oz, i.e. 4 applications.

The other licensee is Monterey Garden Products which they sell as 'Monterey Garden Products Spinosad Concentrate' and it's 32 oz. for $22.00 so it's 1/2 the price as the grow store product - as usual.

Monterey Gardens also has a ready-to-use Spinosad spray - worthless.

Because Spinosad is a bacteria culture and not a plant compound (Linalool, Camphor, etc.) it is not subject to breakdown from light and air and therefore remains on the plant's leaves and branches longer making it very effective by causing the insect's nervous system to go into hyperactivity preventing them from eating, reproducing, etc.

Works well......

CC
OrganicLearner is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 AM #50
canna woop!

canna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the roughcanna woop! is a jewel in the rough
right, and it does seem like it, but if i can keep them at bay with botanicals i may go that route. they are in mid flower and last water on monday morning so nows the time.. going with neem aloe and oregano spray,may even toss in raw garlic for good measure. i am concerned mainly with the plants health and reaching maturity ASAP, not there stone
canna woop! is offline Quote