What's new

Has Anyone Tried The OG Vertical Reflector?

Ericos

Well I have most post in the lighting cmh t thread but am using 2 OG hoods with 860 cmh's. Well see how she goes but the light is sure intense and I hope I won't have to down size with 315s in these hood as flowering progress due to intensity.

Ericos

ericos
is this your 1st run the the CDM860?
if not how did it perform in bloom for ya.

It's my first run with vertical fixtures and cmh both 315s and 860s. The 860s in the og hood. Hoping for the best with the research I've done and my configuration. I Even have a plasma emitter in the the room as well.

I can say the light is pretty intense with the 860s in the og hoods. I have a par meter a friend is letting me barrow for this run so should have some values globally throughout this cycle.

I need a better camera that'll ignore the pulse lines in the photo but here are two girls I'm training for a a scrog, just moved them in a couple hours ago.

Attachments

• 1404019830589.jpg
    1404019830589.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 1404019907353.jpg
    1404019907353.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 14

the gnome

Veteran
i'm wanting to give the 860s a go.
I'll follow your progress with them,
are you running a thread anywhere on your gro's with the CMH's ?

Ericos

Most of my post/Pics are on pg. 414-416 of the cmh thread if u want to see some progress of how I redesigned the room.

Been busy with work but will be starting a grow journal on this cycle shortly. Most of my strains are in house breeding programs less than 2 years old so were still dialing the phenos/genetics in. The golden goat being the only designer strain right now.

Definitely strange having a white light flower room. Need the mh method seven glasses since my hps+ are pretty much obsolite now.

the gnome

Veteran
I quit running HPS over a year ago
been using 4000K Mh and getting as good results.
what's drawn me to CMH is they run in the 4000K range but are much fuller across the entire spectrum they both operate within.

there's also the factor of significant less electrical usage.

Ericos

what's drawn me to CMH is they run in the 4000K range but are much fuller across the entire spectrum they both operate within.

there's also the factor of significant less electrical usage.

Bingo, and don't forget the mogul 315s have the best uvb output, .1 mW, compared to the other 6 versions of the 315 cmh's and the 860.

omgreenday

Sunlight Supply has paired up their vertical reflector w the cdm:
Sun System LEC 315 Light Emitting Ceramic Fixture.

But it is pricey.

There are knockoffs of the OG on the market now for $100.
less, so the vertical hoods are increasing.

Got a steal yesterday on a closeout for the OG at $100.
lucky day.

I think that it would be very interesting to see how one of these would perform with a Philips 315w CDM lamp. It seems as though you could target a 4x4 area pretty accurately with the reflector, and good things might follow......

Stephenj37826

Well I guess this thread isn't too old. I have ordered a dual arc bulb to run in the og. Seeing as all the light is reflected it should blend nicely. So the lower intensity issue with the dual arc should be solved in this type reflector as well as balanced spread of the two types of light. Hopefully it will help eliminate bleaching because of the broader spectrum. I've noticed with my 10k bulb I don't get the bleaching like I can with my 1000 hps. None the less we will soon see.

Ericos

Every time I've ran a dual arc always seemed they ran hotter than my hps's. With the 860w cmh bulbs I run they emit a good bit of it heat so I have them 2-3feet from my canapies. Never ran anything other than a 860 and 315 bulb in these hoods.

The newer verisons of the og vertical have removable flanges now and come with a nice vent cover for each side so u could pull or push air through one side and in or out through that vent grill. I would still leave the lens on to make sure the focused reflection doesn't heat stress your tops and to protect ur bulb shatter in case of a blow up or potentially shatter from folair spray accidentally contacting the bulb glass.

Dab Strudel

So all that back n fourth crap, I saw one bias Joe say it was good for Scrog, Which is what im going to be running. Should I put the pennies in the OG or just stick with my original thought of the HY Sunwing Eight? Im on the 1 GPW program ina RDWC- 4 Plants, 4k Watts slammed into a 8x8 screened trellace. Thanks

Turbingo

Hello guys!
I live in Italy, here I can not find the luxor 8 reflector.
I wrote them an email, but they have not answered me.
You know if they still produce it?
Sorry for my bad English.
Greetings.
Turbingo

Latest posts

Latest posts