What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do people who have never consumed eddibles, insist on eating more than one???

El Diablo

I have had a few edibles brownies, cookies, some candy thing and my favorite Ice Cream. Never had a bad experience. I have heard to many bad stories like the ones posted here. I keep everything within moderation and don't over indulge. it's like certain types of alcohol "Soju" can't really taste it so you drink more and more... Then BAM the floor jumps up and hits you lol

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I have had a few edibles brownies, cookies, some candy thing and my favorite Ice Cream. Never had a bad experience. I have heard to many bad stories like the ones posted here. I keep everything within moderation and don't over indulge. it's like certain types of alcohol "Soju" can't really taste it so you drink more and more... Then BAM the floor jumps up and hits you lol

Do you have a recipie for ice cream? I would love to try that out!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Maybe you cannot consume a fatal dose but you can become terribly ill and totally discombobulated, as many have testified. Still have to laugh when I recall the time I planned a party and made a heavy pan of brownies, enough for 12 people. My wife did the baking and was aware of the amount of weed in them but insisted on eating several doses.
She will not eat pot to this day! lol so. beware of brown vomit!!! LOL AGAIN!!

This thread has hysterical stories. I told this one somewhere else but I'll try to expand.

I was about 14 and in Texas and one of the first few times I had done weed. I bought a dime of decent schwag which there is about 4 grams at least and cooked 2.5 of it in butter. Totally addict style, I cooked it in a spoon under a lighter in my room. I remember seeing the little bubbles from the heat of the flame coming through the oil as I did it. Well I saved the butter for the morning before school (GREAT idea!!) and when I woke up it was consolidated. I didn't even strain the weed out. Regardless I ate all the butter as quickly as I could with some sandwich bread, and yeah it was gross but I did it. So I'm at school for like 3 hours waiting for this to kick in and finally just admitted that I goofed something up. Well it starts kicking in around 11 am I think (4 hours later) while im in reading class. The teacher had narcolepsy and would sporadically fall asleep sometimes. A lot of his class was just staying quiet and reading the newspaper, and that was the case when it kicked in. It's kicking in while im reading the paper, giggling, trying to stay quiet and thinking "Wow, it worked!".... well it worked a little bit too well. I honestly started twitching and paranoia kicked in hardcore. I was tempted to just admit that I was stoned to the teacher, but I somehow made it through that day despite it being one of the times that I have been most stoned, if not the most. I still remember getting out of that reading class and some random girl asking me "Why are your eyes so red?" in the 5 mins between bells. It was a manageable buzz shortly thereafter tho.

GreyPaws

When I serve brownies to my uninitiated friends, or if I drop some off for someone who has never had mine, I will always include a recipe card, my wife and I call our brownies the "Send Rescue" brownies and at the end of a large disclaimer on the back of the recipe card we leave a link to the "please send rescue" vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwfe5lH1n9Q or something similar.

"I think we are dead, Time is going by really really slowly" LOL

ass2mouth

didnt read anything but the title but in the socal mmj scene there are ALOT of edibles that dont do shit but cost you money

S

sweet-dreams

lats time frined give me sandwitch with pork fat that taste veryy good hi gives chili and other herb but he dont telll waht be inside near 30 minutes i feel it realy nice but 3 hours later that kick me to the moon tha tell he gives about 30 g hashish wht he make from duckfoot sativa :) when i wake up next i still dont feel good :) anyway i dont use it never again its too strong for me :D

slyman

this thread is hilarious haha. my dad just brought me some cookies back from when he was in cali and i ate a third of one to test em out at like 1 in the morning. i didnt think it was too strong after an hour so i smoked a couple bowls next thing i kno im laying in bed at 5am unable to sleep feeling like i forgot to breath or im gonna pass out something, good shit haha

Why do people who have never consumed eddibles, insist on eating more than one???

Made my first batch the day I left for college. The night before I met up with the dealer in my home town. Bought 1 pound for 150 bucks (he had to get rid of everything). This was the kind of stuff you could smoke a blunt of and just have a headache. Well after de-seeding I made some brownies using my coffee grinder, coconut oil, and brownie mix. Told my roommate that I have no idea on the doseing let's eat just one. Boy was I wrong.
We hadn't eaten in like 6 hours and each ate a 1.5"x2" brownie. An hour and a half later I feel it rearing it's head but had no idea what to expect. I swear I felt like I was hallucinating.
We end up spending 40 bucks a piece in food that night, meeting some hippie girls and selling them a brownie each, smoking an entire pack each of newports, and waking up the next evening hungry as hell.
This was 18 hours since we had eaten the brownies and 24 since we had a real meal. We felt "off" for the next two days.
Oh and I found out from out suitemates that we came in offering them popcorn which turned out to be the seeds from the bag that we had tried to microwave. Later he saw us eating more seeds dipped in cream cheese icing. We finished all the seeds from this schwaggy crap. Can't imagine what would have happened if I had eaten more than 1. We ended up selling the rest before the start of classes.
Since then I have made edibles but have yet to experience that kind of high. Made us pretty famous dudes too for the first couple weeks of class.

Zeltar

Man ive smoked for about 4 years and ive never tried edibles, ive always thought about making them and it just seemed like a waste lol. But my first harvest is in about 7 weeks time, so im defo gonna try and make some then.

Ive been told canna butter is the total best way to go? what do you guys think?

Gardenmaster1

This thread is cracking me up, I just made some oatmeal raisin cookies two weeks ago and gave them out to all my buddies. I warned them, this isn't like the bunk edibles you get at the dispensary, I use 4 ounces of popcorn bud to make 8 sticks of butter.

I told everyone to eat only one, then if you are ok 4 hours later you can have another.

Three different people called me up because they ate too much... wtf... one friend ate two and was puking saying he got to high, another needed a ride home because he ate two and couldn't drive, and another got thrown out of COSTCO because he couldn't stop laughing after two cookies.

dasruckus

Three different people called me up because they ate too much... wtf... one friend ate two and was puking saying he got to high, another needed a ride home because he ate two and couldn't drive, and another got thrown out of COSTCO because he couldn't stop laughing after two cookies.
Hahaha, awesome.

Just want to get an opinion. I hear people making BHO (I'm assuming this is Butane Honey Oil?) and also Cannabutter (Butter + bud). Which method is preferred, using oils or just cooking the bud directly into the edible?

Some of this seems fun to try just for shits n giggles.

MediRI88

Easy answer ... they taste really good and there usally high when there offerd there first Edi so it tasten better... but also it takes 20 min to hour ... :)

I would eat two ....but its help with the pain

I

idoreallytry

,,,i dont know why firsttimers do but i know why i do,,,cuz me likey to get fooked up lol

M

Mr. Mountain

Has anyone noticed a buildup of effects over a 3 or 4 day period? I made a batch of cookies that ended up making the rounds at a local University in 2006.

One was plenty, two was pushing it. I had a friend who ate 3 and was unable to drive or really do anything for that matter. He felt awful the next day, I did warn him!

Another guy told me he had a full blown panic attack after eating 1 cookie a day for 3 days.

My wife has a good friend with scleroderma, he reports that he has to reduce his dose after 3 days or so because he feels the previous day's effects have not yet worn off. He reports better relief of pain with caramels than any other method of consuming cannabis.

Any thoughts?

Mr. M

David762

Sometimes it's true -- no one can eat just one.

Sometimes it's true -- no one can eat just one.

Okay, I'll admit that I'm an old fart. But I remember an incident from my senior year in high school. I had become an avid head about a year earlier, had plenty of cannabis available to me, and didn't mind sharing. Isn't that what it's all about, anyway?

I had about 7 or 8 grams of some Mexican mids (with some seeds back in that day), and decided to make a tray of brownies to take to school. I picked out the bit of wood and all the seeds, and powdered the rest in a blender -- added the seeds back in, and folded it into the brownie mix. They smelled great while baking, and the oder was gone from the house by the time my mom and dad got home from work.

The next morning at school, I began handing the brownies out, beginning in homeroom, and had finished passing them all out to students and teachers alike, known heads or not. The couple of brownies that I ate put me in a very mellow almost dreamy state. I was surprised when I arrived at school the next day, because I got nothing but compliments from all for the treats the previous day. So, were those teachers secretly hopheads, did I turn some newbies on the the weed, or were they totally oblivious to the whole thing?

I never found out. I never went to a class reunion, and the HS school no longer exists.

Because they are irresistably good
We feel great and maybe don't know any better?
I have to admit that I have over indulged on occassion