What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Time Grower Curious

sandie66

I am a first time grower and started with feminized seeds from Amsterdam. They are 8 days old today from germination to now. I am worried now after looking at some pictures of plants that are the same age. Do these look okay? I ordered some autoflowering the other day and I plan on trying those too.

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7

foxylady

First, please don't panic, people generally will get around to answering you :)
Secondly: welcome :smoke:
And thirdly they look absolutely fine, I know what it's like, especially first time around and perhaps looking at others will give you some insight as to what to expect, but every single plant is different, sometime yours may look a little slower but grow quickly, other people may also have gone from clone :tiphat:
Good luck and enjoy
Peace,

N

NoSocSlic

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Most people these days start growing from rooted cuttings they take off of fully developed plants. When growing from seed its almost like you have to add 2 weeks in between the germination stage and veg stage. Seedlings start slowly. Once they have 3 to 5 leaf sets they usually take off quick.

N

NoSocSlic

The first couple grows are nerve racking! You don't know what is normal, good, or bad yet. My best advice is to not stress too much, look at your plants everyday but don't feel like you have to do something for them everyday, and read all you can. All in all they grow like weeds =P

sandie66

All 3 have now started their second set of leaves. I actually have gotten further than I ever thought I would. This is good.

R

!RA!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

I'm pretty new to this myself, so I know where you're coming from. Lots of very talented and experienced growers here and I've learned a lot from them. What are you growing them in, is that soil? They look like they're pretty happy whatever it is. I started my first run from seed last year and they're in week 4 of flower now. Feel free to check out my grow log.

My Reserva Privada Grow Log

I'm not super experienced yet, but if I can help in any way let me know. :biggrin:

sandie66

I put them in 2 gallon pots today. They are in soil. From what I read I am good for about 3 weeks while I decide what I will start using for feeding. I am completely new to the growing aspect. And I am a single mom so my set-up is less than appealing, but it works so far. These are Bubblelicious females. I am just hoping I get something good out of it. I have some autos coming any time now. Will try those eventually too. I am just tired of paying extreme prices for mediocre weed (it's good, but for the price I expect excellent). So I am thinking I can grow something somewhat decent/worthwhile and save my money.

I didn't know how bad the peat pots were till I started trying to figure out why they were always dry even after watering every single day. I started googling and found out they are worthless. I found out just how worthless when I cut them off my seedlings yesterday and the dirt just crumbled from being so dry. The 2 bigger ones had one super long root and the little girl had a short root. They look ok right now so I hope it didn't shock them too much, but I will definitely never use those peat pots again. Does anyone know if I can use styrofoam coffee cups instead of the red plastic cups for my next seedlings?

firstimer777

it depends on what youre moving them into if youre going to a 5 gal bucket you might want to go a little bigger if 2 gal pots you should be fine to start there. you could either peel away the cup to transplant or cut the bottom off the cup to let the roots escape and grow into the new pot

firstimer777

also since you are unsure of food dont skimp and dont ever use any miracle grow or miracle growish products. go to a local grow store or nursery it might be a little more expensive but its well worth it trust me. when i visited a cool store the owner explained to me that these are basically exotic plants. normal houseplant food is not good enough and you will taste it in your final product. and since i said dont skimp ill also say this dont skimp on your food or lights you will be much happier in the end. good luck !

sandie66

nosocslic said the best advice ever.look at them everyday even if your not doing anything to them.you will do good!

I look at them every morning when I get up and every night before bed. I am making myself crazy, but I notice any little change immediately so that's a good thing!!