What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

vanilla dutch

:crazy:We are finally seeing a shortage of n95 masks. They used to be in every convenience store.now all they have are the disposable masks for 2 dollars each.

G

:crazy:We are finally seeing a shortage of n95 masks. They used to be in every convenience store.now all they have are the disposable masks for 2 dollars each.

The store I have purchased the better 3M N95 Model 8210 masks from had been out of them for a while (sought after mask, as disposable N95's go; USA made, plugs instead of staples in the bands, and a soft, thin closed-cell foam pad under the nose piece/metal bridge).

The store had me on a call-back list, and phoned today, to say they got in a new shipment, and stuck a box of 20 in will-call for me.

They're letting these go for 20 masks/$26, in sealed bag, inside a box.

I'll be getting another box, stocking up, but likely sending about 10 or so of this next box to another person who is in need of better masks, and limited in what they have or can get.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
haven't been any n-95 masks here in forever. lots of folks making cloth masks & selling them in shops, farmers markets etc.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
A local store had KN95's, 2 for a buck back in June. Bought 100 of those and a 100 count box of surgical masks. Still doing well on them.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
S.Korea grants conditional approval for Celltrion’s COVID-19 antibody treatment

S.Korea grants conditional approval for Celltrion’s COVID-19 antibody treatment

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/s.k...trions-covid-19-antibody-treatment-2021-02-05

Contributor
Sangmi Cha Reuters

Published
Feb 5, 2021 12:01AM EST

2021-02-05T051242Z_1_GL2_RTRLXPP_2_LYNXPACKAGER.JPG

imiubu

In the beginning, masks were offered up free at local shops, restaurants etc., so I had a fair amount of freebies on hand.

Wed. when I went out n about, I busted out my final free mask. Not too bad for a frugal kind o gal,
over a year later before being forced to pay for their face diapers.

Thurs. I figured since the weather was nice for winter and there was a storm approaching... I'd head out into the world.
Damn it, that last mask broke.

I recall "at the beginning", there were masks for sale at every store I frequented. Yesterday however,

I made two sweeps of the large store I was shopping and found no masks. I asked 2 employees and 2 separate shoppers where I might find masks.
Not even the employees I asked knew where masks were located in the store.
Are you kidding?

The first customer I asked said he had the same issue and said eff it, and was in the check out line.
Second customer said she had seen them in 2 different locations and off I went.

The paper masks are insanely priced at $9.99+ for 3 and located on the 3rd. shelf down in an area I'd have not thought to look.
So... I went to the 2nd. location and found some cotton "Hanes" brand priced @ $4.99 for 10.
They look like the crotch to a pair of tighty whiteys. smfh.

I'll keep my N95's for their intended purpose, thanks.

Friend of mine said she picked up some of those 3 ply paper masks that have the appearance of surgical masks however; on the bottom back of the box it states:
'For compliance purposes only. Not intended to reduce the spread of covid 19' (close, but not verbatim). Hmmm :thinking:

In hospitals, ready care etc... don't they have waste contaminant containers where the staff is to dispose of their masks/ gloves etc.?
So then... why is it not considered a very serious health risk for all those masks the public dons to just be tossed out in parking lots, sidewalks and the likes?

But... there's a pandemic aye? :chin:

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

Hmm, what happens if we run out of face diapers?? I havent paid for any masks and don't really intend to. I have used a bandana most of this time. I look like an Antifa member lol. I think if stores have rules then they should provide the masks. Same with workplaces. Why should the citizens have to be continually harrassed and made to purchase these. Did Biden roll back Trumps efforts to stop price gouging?? Makes me wonder.

imiubu

Yeah ^^

I had no intentions to ever pay into this whole mask farce but... the bandana's I had kept in the glove box for such an occasion
(broken freebie masks) were in the laundry hamper.
I was out to lay in supplies, most importantly... dog food/ treats. So... I broke down and spent the $5.29 for my puppers sake. :)
Effers clipped me for a fiver damn it. :shucks:

OH...

and...

Where the hell is that $1,400. "check is in the mail" at??? :chin:
Asking for some friends.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I've been noticing lately that a lot of stuff is out of stock and a lot of shelves are empty where ever I go, with no storms approaching or rise in covid scares (Walmart, Pet Smart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, drug store, Lowe's, etc.).

I assumed it was because of Christmas shopping and stores not being able to afford restocking but when my pharmacist checked on when my prescription would be available the message she got was "Manufacturer's Delay".

Bad sign, especially if the manufacturer is in China! ;)

...... on a more positive note, I did get a free mask at my local Library! :)

H G Griffin

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]those 3 ply paper masks that have the appearance of surgical masks however; on the bottom back of the box it states:
'For compliance purposes only. Not intended to reduce the spread of covid 19' (close, but not verbatim).

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reading that enraged me.

Why can't Natural Selection be more targeted and fast-acting?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Gry

:tiphat:Gry were u the one that kept saying there was a mask shortage? I believe it now.
Been seeing a number of people wearing one mask on top of another in an effort to obtain protection.
I feel very fortunate to have a small supply of high quality masks. I attempt to keep them in the best condition I can.
Lost my next door neighbor to the virus last week. She wore cloth masks, and seemed to have been a responsible individual.

Hempy McNoodle

Been seeing a number of people wearing one mask on top of another in an effort to obtain protection.
I feel very fortunate to have a small supply of high quality masks. I attempt to keep them in the best condition I can.
Lost my next door neighbor to the virus last week. She wore cloth masks, and seemed to have been a responsible individual.

The only times I hear of anyone who's passed, they are always avid mask users. Has anyone died who refused to wear the mask? I'm sure there may be some fake news articles on that subject. But, does anyone here know of a case, personally?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This mask refuser is doing just fine. Te bandana I use when I have to wear one, is getting nasty. So when are the vaxers gonna get tired of wearing a mask, and skip it? When does the vax passport (Corona virus ID) get started for those who took the jab? People are actually fighting over getting stuck first with gates' poison.

Latest posts

Latest posts