What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bald Eagles in Iowa Growing Hemp

Hydro8

Popular nesting Bald Eagles with nest cam in Decorah Iowa have started growing hemp.

Check out the live cam, they have and decent collection- https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-north-nest/

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
I want to see somebody ask the Eagles for some seeds. :biggrin:

BTW: Eagle nests are Federally protected.
So those plants are safe from the DEA. :woohoo:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
my eye sight is shit looks like whats left of baby deer to left of the eagle. see head eye and ear sticking up

PDX Dopesmoker

I was wondering if the seeds came up in the deer's stomach or if a flowering female branch was part of the nest, either way its like they have a little stuffed animal for the baby, very cute.

Jammal

OK so who is gonna set up the fake Eagle account and keep a grow journal and keep uploading pics through the summer?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... wait, alla this time we've been told that animals/wind don't spread cannabis seeds (only humans) but this looks like proof that it's not necessarily true??? :tiphat::whistling:

'Boogieman'

Once I watched a eagle or hawk dive on my neighbor's chickens. He ended up hitting a rooster and tried to fly away with it but mid air the rooster started kicking, it looked like one of those cartoon fights where it's a ball of smoke and you get a glimpse of each fighter except it was feathers not smoke. The rooster landed and just started dancing around on the ground and the raptor flew off.

Jammal

Once I watched a eagle or hawk dive on my neighbor's chickens. He ended up hitting a rooster and tried to fly away with it but mid air the rooster started kicking, it looked like one of those cartoon fights where it's a ball of smoke and you get a glimpse of each fighter except it was feathers not smoke. The rooster landed and just started dancing around on the ground and the raptor flew off.

once saw a snowy owl grab a barn cat, It did not end so well for the cat, being gutted on the roof of an old chevy.

redlaser

Veteran
Looks like the nest is a mix of branches and various annuals like corn, probably hemp and horseweed. Wonder what the highway patrol will say about that hemp, Iowa will arrest you for gathering hemp if they catch you.