What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to pay my mortgage

Speed of green

haha, thats funny... The BPN is badass in my book, I'm a customer as long as I'm growing. that being said, my only gripe the feeding schedule on their website has my ppm's really high 2000+ and I'm on week 5 of flower.. but the plants are responding well so i guess i should stop biting my nails every time i feed. What are your ppm's like? I start with 0ppm r/o water.

As for the root magic i use a product called MYKOS, it claims to be pure mycorrhizal. I think they are pretty much the same product, when i run out of this mykos ill switch to root magic, its cheaper anyway

Yea Im definitely sticking with BPN, recalling several bad past experiences growing in soil, coco, all organic. This method of growing, with the BPN line is just so simple, I don't see how you could go wrong.. Yea same here, my tap water fluctuated between 120-180 ppm. And at 3-5 weeks into flower my mix usually sits anywhere from 1700-1900, but Ive yet to run any strains that have reacted badly to this feeding schedule.. I've had Bogbubble moms for 10+ years, but we are currently running BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver (wich came in a medely pack), and SOL's "Blubonic".. And thus far their all loving it.. I'm not sure if you have ever ran any of BOGs gear, but those who know, definitely know!:dance013: These girlies look prehistoric! As far as that fan goes, I know what your saying! Were running a 6'' and it sounds like a damn jet taking off! Or it did anyway, Hung it with rubber bungee cords and it cut the noise virtually in half. Everything is looking great mate, the harvest gods are surely going to bless you for all your hard work! Keep it up, and keep us updated! Its pretty cool seeing how other people are doing with literally the exact same set up! Cheers mate!:tiphat:

I went the bungee cord route and it is night and day different, i wish i would have read somewhere about that before i hung it, oh well live and learn.

my ppm has been at 1700-2000 including 5ml per gal of Liquid Blue and i haven't seen even a touch of nute burn. I am pretty confident in the BPN, and will probably just trust the feed chart from now on and not stress it.

Thanks for the positive words, should be about 3.5 weeks till harvest hopefully the yield will be on point, i know the quality will.

nice setup, plants r looking frosty

Thanks i appreciate the support.

Mr.Demeter

I went the bungee cord route and it is night and day different, i wish i would have read somewhere about that before i hung it, oh well live and learn.

my ppm has been at 1700-2000 including 5ml per gal of Liquid Blue and i haven't seen even a touch of nute burn. I am pretty confident in the BPN, and will probably just trust the feed chart from now on and not stress it.

Thanks for the positive words, should be about 3.5 weeks till harvest hopefully the yield will be on point, i know the quality will.

Thanks i appreciate the support.

Excellent, I'm glad your were able to stifle the noise of your fans, that shit can get annoying not to mention draw unwanted attention from would be guests/passers-by. I'm feeding all my girlies according to BPN'S bottle chart, and they love it.. I've yet to see any burn, or any sort of deficiencies.. Just sit back and let your plants do all the work! :laughing: I'm looking forward to seeing how you fare my friend!

Speed of green

Day 52

Decided to do a little update, its been a busy month with taxes and what not.

Flowers are developing nicely, i think they have about two more weeks, in that time i'd like to see them put on a little more weight.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I noticed a slight deficiency on a fan leaf of a newer batch... any ideas?
It could be cute burn, i did just step them up to full strength.
picture.php

Timboy5

those buds are looking really nice.

I know I am late but the issues you were having in the beginning with the droop and deficiency were all caused by moisture stress, watering too often. Overwatering leads to deficiencies. Also could have been caused by the lights being too close. High intensity lighting can cause dropping and stress like that and also can cause deficiencies.

Keep that in mind for the next run. Good job so far every grow you learn more and more it looks like you have a nice space

excon

my biggest issue was clones as well i never got to clones rite in anything else then the dwc cloner from the diy vid

- you need to know how to cut the right candidate ( not too small ) at least a few knot points

- no cloner bought needed use one of those https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAK9T6MWTE

- low low low dosage on nutes i have mine 100 ppm

- watch vids how to select the right nodes to cut and how to treat fresh cutlings
45* cut, immediately in water, stip outter bark on 1 side

in my dwc it takes 2 weeks for nice roots without any hustle in teh water or temp or ph

Speed of green

those buds are looking really nice.

I know I am late but the issues you were having in the beginning with the droop and deficiency were all caused by moisture stress, watering too often. Overwatering leads to deficiencies. Also could have been caused by the lights being too close. High intensity lighting can cause dropping and stress like that and also can cause deficiencies.

Keep that in mind for the next run. Good job so far every grow you learn more and more it looks like you have a nice space

Thanks i appreciate the input, i definitely caught the "new grow room" bug and went water crazy that first week or so. i have my impulses under control now haha.

- you need to know how to cut the right candidate ( not too small ) at least a few knot points

Definitely a learning curve with this, i think i make my cuts too far away from a node, my stems kind of hollow out and then rot...

despite the rot I'm still managing 50-60% success rate out of 96 sites, so its enough to fill the trays.

Next time i will try Snypes cloning method.

if that doesn't work I'm going back to clone domes and root riot or rock wool.

Next time i will try Snypes cloning method.

if that doesn't work I'm going back to clone domes and root riot or rock wool.

Snypes method works, first run, 10 clones 100% success rate. I'm throwing crazy shit in there to see what happens and everything roots. Give it a whirl.

Speed of green

Day 68 - 30 plant Harvest

I did a three day flush followed by three days of drying out, then i chopped them. Everything is looking really nice, the aroma really came through this last week or two, very dense as well. This is definitely some of the best indoor i have ever grown. I shouldn't say "I" though because it probably 90% genetics.
picture.php

The plants have been hanging for about 8 days, some are dry and ready to begin curing once trimmed. As far as yield goes, i am hoping there is a pound here, i feel like its more about 3/4 though.... Any guesses??

picture.php
picture.php

Also i noticed several of these "sap" droplets on several of the buds, does anyone have any idea what this is? The plants had no bugs that i was aware of. It is very sticky, like syrup, and is clear or amber.
picture.php
picture.php

I did a three day flush followed by three days of drying out, then i chopped them. Everything is looking really nice, the aroma really came through this last week or two, very dense as well. This is definitely some of the best indoor i have ever grown. I shouldn't say "I" though because it probably 90% genetics.
View Image

The plants have been hanging for about 8 days, some are dry and ready to begin curing once trimmed. As far as yield goes, i am hoping there is a pound here, i feel like its more about 3/4 though.... Any guesses??

View Image View Image

Also i noticed several of these "sap" droplets on several of the buds, does anyone have any idea what this is? The plants had no bugs that i was aware of. It is very sticky, like syrup, and is clear or amber.View Image View Image

I have seen that in my Humboldt BD grows, not all the plants just certain ones, and it was always the ones that had a massive amount of trich's. I always thought it was the plants rush to save itself, I could be wrong, just my thoughts. i did take a look through my scope a couple times and the coloring appeared the same as the rest of the trich's.

View Image

View Image View Image

Also i noticed several of these "sap" droplets on several of the buds, does anyone have any idea what this is? The plants had no bugs that i was aware of. It is very sticky, like syrup, and is clear or amber.View Image View Image

No idea about the sap, really interested in what it is. Other than that they look stellar, fantastic job man!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
You ever figure out your aero cloner?

If not, run it with plain water. You do not need anything added. Once you get roots that are starting to web, then add nutrients.

Until that point they do absolutely nothing. The cut can't absorb them without a root formation.

Latest posts

Latest posts