What's new

Trying to pay my mortgage

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thanks for the advice. by plain water did you mean r/o water or tap water? ppm?

I have put the cloner on a timer, 15 min on 15 min off... temps are constant at 73-74. still i have small amounts on the un-rooted cuttings..

yeah i agree the power clone price is ridiculous, my thinking was that if i can get roots fast enough, then this slime wouldn't have a chance to develop.

RO water off of a well, but I might have been adding dutch master zone to maintain sterility. It's been a while since I ran an aero cloner.

George

Do your laws change regarding the # of plants you are growing, or are you a med grower?

why SOG?, turnaround?

Just curious...

CA base law is 6/12, but citys have put in their own laws on the books. some allow much more, and as soon as you become a caregiver you essentially inherit all their plant counts too as youre growing for them. NORML has ordinance info. regardless, at the end of the day, its best to keep it < 99 though IMO, cause you never really know whose watching...

gonna kick it in this thread, i think it should be a good one :)

Speed of green

Everyone in california interrupts the law the way that works for them ;)

Great looking grow. Love to see more pics.

Definitely true haha.

CA base law is 6/12, but citys have put in their own laws on the books. some allow much more, and as soon as you become a caregiver you essentially inherit all their plant counts too as youre growing for them. NORML has ordinance info. regardless, at the end of the day, its best to keep it < 99 though IMO, cause you never really know whose watching...

gonna kick it in this thread, i think it should be a good one :)

99 is the ideal number to stay at or under, i agree. Apparently the minimum federal bust is aimed at gardens with 99+ plants (mainly outdoor), this is what i have been told anyway. My plant count will be high but my weight is not very much.
:biggrin:
RO water off of a well, but I might have been adding dutch master zone to maintain sterility. It's been a while since I ran an aero cloner.

Thanks for the tip, i finally had success with the cloner, r/o only & clear rez seemed to do the trick.. Those roots really form fast!

Speed of green

Day 16 update, the stretch seems like it has mostly stopped, bud sites all have flowers, no smells yet though, probably by the end of this week. i grew this strain outdoor last year and it smelled up my whole block haha.

picture.php

The cloner finally started cooperating, hopefully i can get a better success rate on the next batch. They should be going in tomorrow or the next day...

picture.php

The bucket for size reference.
picture.php

I started some seeds a friend gave me, strain is called Fire OG. very dense and strong nose, it was quite a bit easier than i thought it would be I've always cloned, never seed started anything. Anyway, one of them popped right out of the dirt, the other one i had to dig up a little, they look okay though...

hopefully they are female!
picture.php
picture.php

Speed of green

Update Day 17...

Soooo i took a trip to the hydro store, where i was persuaded to buy this...
picture.php

Then i did some transplanting from the cloner.

picture.php

A comparison shot.
picture.php

Then i had a few beers...
picture.php

Speed of green

day 25 update:

Progress is moving along nicely, 3/4 of the clones in my cloner have popped roots, it took 6 days with clonex solution and r/o water.

No slime to report, no mushy stems, and i haven't lost any clones thus far..:woohoo:

picture.php

The flower room is starting to look really nice, it also has a pleasant aroma. I defoliated a few of the plants to try and see if it makes a difference in the end, as of now i see no difference in growth, i guess time will tell.

picture.php
picture.php

moses wellfleet

Veteran
My advice to you is stay away from hydro stores... else it will be the hydro store owners mortgage you will be paying... if you got questions then ask peeps on icmag, who don't have an agenda selling you shit that you don't need!

Speed of green

My advice to you is stay away from hydro stores... else it will be the hydro store owners mortgage you will be paying... if you got questions then ask peeps on icmag, who don't have an agenda selling you shit that you don't need!

Definitely wise words, every time i walk out of there I'm kicking myself in the ass.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Nothing wrong with hydro stores..

Know what you want and don't get pressured into buying stupid shit you don't need. Do you guys actually visit hydro stores where there is a lot of sales pressure?

The one I go to is chill. I walk around and buy what I want, typically only getting "advice" if I request it. They have tons of useful products that are hard to find anywhere else.... Sure, they've got a wall of Advanced Nutrients, but I'm the only idiot to blame if I decide to buy $300 in over-hyped ferts.

Never understoodd the hate for hydro shops or the "hydro whores" as so many like to refer to them as. They cater directly to our industry. Most of the time.. they are us... are friends, neighbors, growers... I like to support them where I can. They are a one stop shop for a ton of stuff I need without having to drive all over town.

Before I was running Jacks I'd visit, buy my needed gear (bulbs, fans, ballasts), coco, rooters, maxibloom and be on my way. I might have got shown the latest and greatest elixer they got in stock (normally due to customers requesting it), but that's about it.

I've got a close friend who runs a shop. He's a very knowledgeable dude. He carries the over-priced stupid shit because the customers demand it. Not the other way around.. the people complaining about the high priced snake oils sold by the "hydro whores" are the same idiots that continue to buy it over and over again. He'd drop Advanced Nutrients and half of the other 20 lines he stocks if he could, he's got people coming through the door wanting and would be sending customer's to the competition if he stopped carrying it. He's actually stopped putting out Maximum Yields just to prevent an influx of requests for bullshit people see that isn't even necessarily out yet.

Has anyone ever seen hydro stores across the pond? They look to be a different animal from the pictures I've seen.. a lot more gear & equipment oriented as opposed to having tons of bottled nutes/additives. They look nice.

Anyways /rant... sometimes this shit makes me want to bang my head against the wall. It's like a cigarette smoker complaining about the prices of cigarettes. Customer's are addicted to the bottled additives, and I don't believe hydro stores are to blame. Stop buying the shit and hydroponic stores will take on a different look/vibe!.

Speed of green

I agree there are some fair priced hydro stores out there, and i have my places where i can go and get a decent deal on things through a friend, however this is 30 miles away:/

The only store close to me (i live in a very overpriced area of south orange county) is an absolute rip off, for example $380 dollars for a 4x8 botanical tray, $140 for a 600w hortilux bulb. I understand that i am paying for convenience and i don't have to drive half an hour, or wait three days for shipping, but the prices are insane none the less.

The second time walked in the place i was trying to get help calibrating my new ppm meter, i couldn't believe that my tap water was 950ppm so i thought it was broken, the guy behind the counter said he only uses EC meters and i should buy one of his...

basically i go there when I'm in a pinch, knowing I'm going to take a beating :)

-cheers

Mr.Demeter

Speed of green..

Whats up brudduh? My jaw hit the floor when I saw your set up! Our set up is virtually identical to yours, and weve been running the blue planet nutes for the past 2 years. What do you think of the BPN nutes? Like I said, we switched to BPN about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Everythings looking great thus far amig0! oh, have you tried the "Root Magic" from BPN? I just started using it on my latest run, and have noticed a significant jump in growth soon after transplant.. And as of late ive been experimenting with more ways to implement the root magic, mixing 1/4 tsp per Gal. of nute solution. And so far I'm liking what I'm seeing! Keep up the good work mate, I'm definitely staying tuned for this one!:woohoo:

Speed of green

Speed of green..

Whats up brudduh? My jaw hit the floor when I saw your set up! Our set up is virtually identical to yours, and weve been running the blue planet nutes for the past 2 years. What do you think of the BPN nutes? Like I said, we switched to BPN about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Everythings looking great thus far amig0! oh, have you tried the "Root Magic" from BPN? I just started using it on my latest run, and have noticed a significant jump in growth soon after transplant.. And as of late ive been experimenting with more ways to implement the root magic, mixing 1/4 tsp per Gal. of nute solution. And so far I'm liking what I'm seeing! Keep up the good work mate, I'm definitely staying tuned for this one!:woohoo:

haha, thats funny... The BPN is badass in my book, I'm a customer as long as I'm growing. that being said, my only gripe the feeding schedule on their website has my ppm's really high 2000+ and I'm on week 5 of flower.. but the plants are responding well so i guess i should stop biting my nails every time i feed. What are your ppm's like? I start with 0ppm r/o water.

As for the root magic i use a product called MYKOS, it claims to be pure mycorrhizal. I think they are pretty much the same product, when i run out of this mykos ill switch to root magic, its cheaper anyway.

update DAY 29

Ready to transplant more clones tomorrow or the next day, The flower room is starting to smell pretty strong so I've got the carbon filter set on low constantly. The drone from my 8in fan is driving me up the wall, i think I'm going to hang it with some string tomorrow and see if that will shut it up, It is currently mounted to the wall with screws.

Flowers are still flowering, clones cloning, mothers mothering.
Things are going pretty smooth so far :)
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
congrats on the grow! how's the mortgage coming?

I'm going to grab a seat and see how long it takes you to get tired of keeping up with so many plants.

I'm still running 24 plants a light in 2 or 3 gallon bags in vert and it's not worth the effort to run so many but that's how my room is set up for now.

I was drawn to hydro on my second grow and after a few disasters I switched to coco then back to organic soil.
not touching a ph pen ever…priceless.

picture.php

you will be a wizard at cloning in a year if you can keep your rigs loaded.

I don't run mother plants I just clone my toppings and under trimmings and I fill my machine up with water and 2 drops of bleach per gallon.
I put 2 cuttings per puck, so I can be picky about keeping the strongest, usually they are ready to come out around 3 weeks and at 4 weeks I'll empty and clean, start again.

good luck with your project and don't quit the day job until you learn to deal with various mite and aphid infestations and those types of losses.

Speed of green

congrats on the grow! how's the mortgage coming?

I'm going to grab a seat and see how long it takes you to get tired of keeping up with so many plants.

I'm still running 24 plants a light in 2 or 3 gallon bags in vert and it's not worth the effort to run so many but that's how my room is set up for now.

I was drawn to hydro on my second grow and after a few disasters I switched to coco then back to organic soil.
not touching a ph pen ever…priceless.

View Image

you will be a wizard at cloning in a year if you can keep your rigs loaded.

I don't run mother plants I just clone my toppings and under trimmings and I fill my machine up with water and 2 drops of bleach per gallon.
I put 2 cuttings per puck, so I can be picky about keeping the strongest, usually they are ready to come out around 3 weeks and at 4 weeks I'll empty and clean, start again.

good luck with your project and don't quit the day job until you learn to deal with various mite and aphid infestations and those types of losses.

Haha the mortgage thing is more of an experiment... i want to see if i can cover my expenses per month off of one room. i think i can do it, we will see, i need to pull a pound per 600w light.

Watering and tending the plants is definitely high maintenance, but it is such a small space that i don't mind it AS OF NOW...

i think once all the trays are full and functioning, i will devise some sort of drip system..

The cloner is working pretty well now, i lost only one clone this round. hopefully i can repeat the scenario on the next batch...

Mr.Demeter

haha, thats funny... The BPN is badass in my book, I'm a customer as long as I'm growing. that being said, my only gripe the feeding schedule on their website has my ppm's really high 2000+ and I'm on week 5 of flower.. but the plants are responding well so i guess i should stop biting my nails every time i feed. What are your ppm's like? I start with 0ppm r/o water.

As for the root magic i use a product called MYKOS, it claims to be pure mycorrhizal. I think they are pretty much the same product, when i run out of this mykos ill switch to root magic, its cheaper anyway

Yea Im definitely sticking with BPN, recalling several bad past experiences growing in soil, coco, all organic. This method of growing, with the BPN line is just so simple, I don't see how you could go wrong.. Yea same here, my tap water fluctuated between 120-180 ppm. And at 3-5 weeks into flower my mix usually sits anywhere from 1700-1900, but Ive yet to run any strains that have reacted badly to this feeding schedule.. I've had Bogbubble moms for 10+ years, but we are currently running BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver (wich came in a medely pack), and SOL's "Blubonic".. And thus far their all loving it.. I'm not sure if you have ever ran any of BOGs gear, but those who know, definitely know!:dance013: These girlies look prehistoric! As far as that fan goes, I know what your saying! Were running a 6'' and it sounds like a damn jet taking off! Or it did anyway, Hung it with rubber bungee cords and it cut the noise virtually in half. Everything is looking great mate, the harvest gods are surely going to bless you for all your hard work! Keep it up, and keep us updated! Its pretty cool seeing how other people are doing with literally the exact same set up! Cheers mate!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts