What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
That is a beautiful sight Anti. Sorry to hear about the leak but I am sure you will get it sorted out. I vote you keep the first grow in this thread, I have a feeling it is going to be epic. :respect:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Dammit! I just realized that I forgot to hang the effing disco ball before posting those pics. Many apologies friends! Allow me to remedy that situation.... NOW:

picture.php

picture.php

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Get ready for a fat yield of nice sticky buds bro! That's looking great :) Disco ball pic has gotta be a classic... Noobs might think it's a new way of reflecting light :D Do a lil dance.... make a lil love..... get down tonight:dance013:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad props for following thru with an idea. This looks like a winner for sure Anti.

Lets get it on!!

:)

G

greenmatter

nice disco ball brother ! respect!

oh yeah the plants and stuff look pretty good too ....... sarcasm off****

great work man! this is gonna be fuckin' cool.......... waiter more popcorn please!

whodare

Veteran
this room helped me design my next room modification, colosseum/stadium e&f trays pretty much a big version of your room.

soo sick... your gunna have fun keeping those suckers back from the lights...

props

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
awesome possum bro!

Disco! Disco! :party: we need trichytrichy to bust out some disco emoticon thingies..

I'm not 100% sure on the drain that you're using..if you can (and it would work) I'd suggest a bulkhead fitting from the hydro store..They've always sealed up really well for me. Or gorilla glue...that stuff is great..it's like a sprayfoam kinda glue the way it expands and hardens. Teflon tape? all depends how it's leakin..I always prefer to not use a glue or sealant whenever I can just to make things easier to clean and break down later.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by everybody!
Disco ball pic has gotta be a classic... Noobs might think it's a new way of reflecting light

I know! I'm kicking around the idea of making a "Crush" style video where I extol the benefits of the disco ball as a "working man's light mover." Of course, to do it properly, I'll have to wait until harvest, and then leave little bits of popcorn on the stalk and say "alllll bud" in a girly voice while laughing maniacally.

Mad props for following thru with an idea. This looks like a winner for sure Anti.

Just wait until next round when I get my Marlo-style Yo-Yo light mover in there! I so wish I had the cash to do it right away, but I'm friggin' tapped.

I'm not 100% sure on the drain that you're using..if you can (and it would work) I'd suggest a bulkhead fitting from the hydro store..

Sorry. Guess I should've been more detailed.

I have the E&F fittings. Each tier has two 1.5" sink pipes like this:

g453159.jpg

The E&F bulkheads that I'm using look like this:

41XtrLiCYZL._SS500_.jpg

The bulkhead normally would be able to be put through the hole in the table and then the fittings could then be tightened so that there'd be a really strong seal.

But the problem is that the "floor" of my table is a 2x4 so it is 1.5" thick. The bulkhead's threaded area is not deep enough to make it through the whole 2x4. So I improvised with the PVC pipe.

The PVC was first glued into the table (and allowed to dry for 24 hours) then I put the bulkhead fittings into the PVC and sealed them in with silicone caulk. the "nut" is not in use, but the threads fit snuggly within the PVC pipe and there is a silicone seal where they connect to one another.

The bulkheads are attached to standard 1/2" (fill) and 3/4" (overflow) tubing that runs down through the PVC pipe and leads back to the res.

I must've left a small gap somewhere, because when the table starts filling, there is a small trickle (or steady dripping) coming out of one of the PVC drains.

I'm hoping that if I can get under the table and hit it with enough silicone, the dripping will stop and we'll be good to go.

If anybody has any better suggestions, I'd be thrilled to hear them.

Last edited:

whodare

Veteran
get a paddle bit and go half way through the 2x4

should have room

they might not sell one big enough for the plastic nut to be able to go on so youll have to drill a few holes righ next to each other to clear enough space

Paddle%20Bit%201.jpg

G

greenmatter

get a paddle bit and go half way through the 2x4

should have room

they might not sell one big enough for the plastic nut to be able to go on so youll have to drill a few holes righ next to each other to clear enough space

Paddle%20Bit%201.jpg

he has no center as a guide for the paddle bit, but it is a great idea ............. do you have a hole saw that is a little bigger than the plastic nut anti? may be a PITA but you could make it work. gonna need a good sharp chisel too.

drill a hole with the hole saw in a piece of scrap. screw the scrap to the bottom of the 2x4 and use it as a guide. chisel out what you have to.

G

greenmatter

gotta apologize to both anti for posting something that wont help him and who d because i pointed out a flaw in his solution and then posted a flawed solution myself...... sorry guys it was the brownies (that is more of an explanation than it is an excuse)

anti, what is the OD of the threads of the bulkhead fitting? and what is the OD of the nut for the fitting? i am assuming the 1.5" pipe is the ID

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
..ah i'd just glue or silicone then..like I said htat gorillaglue is good stuff if you can get it...expands as it dries and fills gaps.

G

greenmatter

i don't have gorilla glue but i do have elmer's version of it. it great stuff but it takes 24 hours to cure and the label says "Not for continuous submersion or underwater use." i don't really know how well it would hold up to the wet or if there could be off gassing issues if it starts to break down.

if there is a flat spot (no threads) where the rubber gasket sits under the nut on the bulkhead fitting an O-ring would be perfect. can't tell from the pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts